Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I wonder if it even occurred to Disney to got the dubbing route for the singing roles?

That is what they usually do in Bollywood. The sexy characters and the voices that come out of them during the musical parts are usually done by
    two separate set of actors. Priyanka Chopra seems to been one of the exceptional Bollywood actress that could act and sing.

Other than her age, I don't know why Disney didn't just get Priyanka Chopra to play Jasmine.

They used to do singing voice dubbing in Golden Age of MGM musicals too (I'm thinking GiGi or My Fair Lady specifically and possibly West Side Story).

I also have to say given how much Disney deliberately made the animated characters in Aladdin look ethic, its weird and slightly disappointing to see them go the other route for its live action version. Particularly when casting unknowns.

If they had made Ariana Grande Princess Jasmine at least they would have had an excuse, sort of.
    It probably comes down to folks wanting to be known.

I think the last Disney movie that I know of that dubbed a singing voice was LOL Goofy Movie. Aaron Lor of Mighty Ducks did all of Max's singing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    She is half indian I believe.
    Quarter Indian actually. Her mom is half Indian.

A Jewish restaurant was attacked in Toronto last night. Its one I go to frequently so this is scary
    Sorry to hear that. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Hmm i will soon be traveling to Toronto for work and i will stay for a few months, my question is has this crime increased and do you think Toronro is less safe? I am asking as a brown South American.
    Its...not increased, just ....anti-Semitic attacks are more blatant but again those are anti-Semitic attacks. Against latino south americans.....I wouldn't worry

Its...not increased, just ....anti-Semitic attacks are more blatant but again those are anti-Semitic attacks. Against latino south americans.....I wouldn't worry
    Thanks you and hope that everything get resolve quickly.

The restaurant closed for the day but will be open tomorrow. they got the windows and doors repaired/replaced and most of the damage is fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott cast in live action Aladdin.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/variety...202496767/amp/

I will say this. Even if we don't get any Power Rangers sequels at least some of the actors will get more work
    People on twitter are complaining about her casting....that she isn't dark enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Some people are never satisfied.
    My question isn't about the tone of her skin, but her ethnicity in general. These characters aren't Indian as far as I know.
    All Lives Matter is right up there with Let Them Eat Cake. --Samax Amen

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/2409...-her-reporting

Journalist Who Exposed Chicago Dyke March's Banning Jewish Symbols Details Their Anti-Semitic Harassment Over Her Reporting. They actually cost her her job

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/2409...-her-reporting

Journalist Who Exposed Chicago Dyke March's Banning Jewish Symbols Details Their Anti-Semitic Harassment Over Her Reporting. They actually cost her her job
    I like the actitute the journalist took but i still feel bad for her and is unfair that the organizer are given a free pass on this.

Ultimate Member

https://shadowandact.com/john-boyega-gq-diversity-film

In his cover feature for GQ, actor John Boyega talked about his upcoming projects Detroit, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Pacific Rim: Uprising.

He also spoke candidly about the lack of people of color depicted in film. "There are no black people on Game of Thrones. You don't see one black person in Lord of the Rings," he said.

Boyega continues: “I ain't paying money to always see one type of person on-screen. Because you see different people from different backgrounds, different cultures, every day. Even if you're a racist, you have to live with that. We can ruffle up some feathers.”

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    My question isn't about the tone of her skin, but her ethnicity in general. These characters aren't Indian as far as I know.
    Tbf the characters are from a fictional country

to be even more fair, in the original tale, the princess was black and Aladdin was Chinese

So Blue Beetle is getting a creative team change for issue #14. According to the new writer's tweet, he's written an entire story arc of 5 issues. Pretty much BB is guaranteed to make it to issue 18 (19 overall counting the Rebirth issue). From there is anyone's guess but I hope DC is serious about having a diverse line-up and pulls out all the stops to keep these titles alive! Cyborg and Super-Man are also in the danger zone so they might need a creative team change soon too!
    NOT REMOVING UNTIL
    -Blue Beetle joins the Teen Titans
    -Static joins the Teen Titans
    -We get Young Justice Rebirth

True. But Wakanda is also fictional...and they've "populated" it with black actors.

to be even more fair, in the original tale, the princess was black and Aladdin was Chinese
    That's interesting...didn't know that. But this is a live action remake of the Disney version.
    All Lives Matter is right up there with Let Them Eat Cake. --Samax Amen

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia

Ms. DuVernay is a bad mama jama. When I was younger I always meant to read A Wrinkle in Time and never got too it (I blame the Choose Your Own Adventure books for stifling my literary acceptance in my youth), that cover image from back in the day with the thing with the wings was striking.

The 13TH was excellent and she's going to do another doc on the Central Park five next.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.