Page 2090 of 2090 FirstFirst ... 1090159019902040208020862087208820892090
Results 31,336 to 31,343 of 31343

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    You really think so? Two words: Jack. Kirby.
    I think you're going to need more than two words here.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think you're going to need more than two words here.
    My point is that Jack Kirby, a white artist, had to fight Marvel years to get back what was rightfully his. Marvel treats all artists this way, black, white or any other race, unless the artist has a specific clause in their contract from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    My point is that Jack Kirby, a white artist, had to fight Marvel years to get back what was rightfully his. Marvel treats all artists this way, black, white or any other race, unless the artist has a specific clause in their contract from day one.
    Yeah, even the writers have the "ICON" imprint for a reason.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I am not hate stalking. When he is on his game-he can be on point.

He's a guy who lost his job and went into self book publishing. He did what so many of the anti-diversity crew keep claiming don't exist. Folks creating their own original creations. 30 books over 10+ years.

He's a lot better when he talks about that and how it's done for him.

That is the good about him. You get to peep into the world of self publishing for one person.

The bad like Ed said is the social commentary and PARROTING what the anti-diversity crowd attacking Marvel and now Redjack put out.

You don't sit up and female assistant editors at Marvel lack the talent to do their jobs and are ruining Marvel. All they hire are female to assistant edit. Then have the nerve to apply for a job at Dynamite where the editors are WOMEN.

All of Marvel is SJW and offer no examples. Books are badly edited and offer no examples. Claiming you can do better if Marvel hired you. They are giving Redjack the blues in a certain thread-he got SKINS on the wall. What do you think they are going to do to HIM?

And claiming Black Panther is going to kill Marvel studios.... When you got folks planning outfit to wear to Black Panther movie like they were going to church or the club. The movie comes out AFTER PAY DAY. Flop is not even in the conversation.
    He's just made a second video where he doubles down on how this movie has poor screenwriting and tells rather than shows and does not show an interesting take on the BP myth nor shows anything interesting about black life...based on a two minute trailer for a film that hasn't been released and no one knows the plot to yet.

Oh, he also says it's all the fault of white liberals.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yeah, even the writers have the "ICON" imprint for a reason.
    To keep Bendis and Millar happy?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    To keep Bendis and Millar happy?
    In addition to that, it gave Brubaker a place to do work Marvel would have no claim to once he decided to leave.

I don't think Brubaker did that on accident.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't think the complete details have ever been released. Basically, there's a question regarding the legal rights to the Isaiah Bradly character between the creators and Marvel. Since Eli and Josiah are more or less spin off characters, they're not being used either.
    Ah, so the details in and of themselves are still vague? You don't happen to know the origin of that bit, do you?

Regardless, I starting to feel someone should sticky that in the Marvel Section(s), what with how many people have been asking for Eli lately.

The CW Is Developing a Show Based on DC Comics' Traci Thirteen

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-cw-is-de...-th-1819698925