Page 707 of 707 FirstFirst ... 207607657697703704705706707
Results 10,591 to 10,595 of 10595

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Blade is now in Wolverines (at least for the next two). As for black couples Finch&Marcus are the only one I can think of. We can "rationalise" it by saying in team books you rarely have two black characters who are a) available b) sexually attracted to one another; but it is a load of sh*t. If a writer wanted to do it they could. They could create a non-superhero love interest, they could bring in an available black superhero (guest staring) to get the ball rolling. It's not good enough to say "it's just not had the opportunity." BULLSH*T! Writers make the stories; they could have made this happen.
    Agreed 100%.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

It seems like it hasn't been mentioned here (I didn't find it anyway). But Netflix made audio description so blind people can get a better grip of Daredevil. http://blog.netflix.com/2015/04/netf...ption-for.html

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    Claremont REALLY liked turning white characters into non-white characters.

Aforementioned Psylocke from White to Japanese. And Tom Corsi and Sharon Friedlander from white to superpowered Native.
    He created all three characters

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    I think the news just brought up a long standing issue that a lot of people have had with the character Psylocke. Marvel has been using her an example of a Asian character when they know damn well she isn't actually Asian.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    BR News: Welcome back, Willow! First up, Ben wants to know about your approach to Psylocke and minority representation.

You've expressed in social media your desire to put Psylocke back in her original body. I've always felt uncomfortable watching a white woman wearing an Asian body and I'm glad a writer acknowledges it. Can you share your opinions on it and why do you feel it is important minority characters are represented accurately?

Writer G. Willow Wilson returns to X-POSITION to discuss the upcoming finale of her "X-Men" run

I think it's important to acknowledge that people's experiences are not interchangeable, especially when it comes to race and ethnicity. If you're going to drop a white character into an Asian body, I think it behooves you to explore how that character's life would change -- how she would be treated socially, how she would deal with microaggression, how this might alter her perceptions about the world. If you take a story in that direction, you've gotta do the work. Otherwise it's just tokenism. However, since I'm just here for four issues, I didn't feel I had the space or the prerogative to move things around significantly, so I didn't really touch on the Psylocke race issue. If I was the ongoing series writer, however, I would seriously consider making a change.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...world-in-x-men
    So much this. They could have made the transformation something compelling, instead they make her a fan service cheesecake character.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Blade is now in Wolverines (at least for the next two). As for black couples Finch&Marcus are the only one I can think of. We can "rationalise" it by saying in team books you rarely have two black characters who are a) available b) sexually attracted to one another; but it is a load of sh*t. If a writer wanted to do it they could. They could create a non-superhero love interest, they could bring in an available black superhero (guest staring) to get the ball rolling. It's not good enough to say "it's just not had the opportunity." BULLSH*T! Writers make the stories; they could have made this happen.
    That is an EDITOR issue. We have heard too many times a writer wanted to use someone and constantly got told NO.

We saw it with Rocket in Birds of Prey
    Static in Supergirl
    Eli Bradley in everything
    The real Wally West
    and poor Cassandra Cain who got edited out of books

So some writers might be telling the truth.

And this is where we need to start asking editors why. Who are they serving? You can't keep pandering to the group who doesn't like minorities or LGBT.

Just finished episode 12 of Daredevil and I am feeling some kind of way. :/