Page 276 of 276 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276
Results 4,126 to 4,138 of 4138

So I'm hearing Talib and Don "King Of All Blacks" Lemon got into it on air today?

Why must I chase the cat? ExcelsiorPrime's Avatar

Get on up was a pretty good movie. That is all.

Chadwick Boseman Nailed it!
    My webcomic Updated Weekly
    Twitter
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    So I'm hearing Talib and Don "King Of All Blacks" Lemon got into it on air today?
    Yes, yes they did.

Lemon's a real lousy interviewer. He tried to control the conversation, and Talib wouldn't let him.
    Last edited by Overhazard; Today at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    9/11 was different because it happened in NYC, half the Marvel U resides there
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    As well as a lot of the people who make the comics.
    I'm not sure I'm entirely following you here. So was Hurricane Katrina different because it happened in New Orleans?

I think someone on CBR mentioned DareDevil did a Trayvon Martin comic....idk i don't read Daredevil and I don't really recall anyone bringing it up at the time or it making news, but just another example.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Yes, yes they did.

Lemon's a real lousy interviewer. He tried to control the conversation, and Talib wouldn't let him.
    I haven't heard that many incomplete sentences and interruptions since I watched The View.
    Don't be evil like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I haven't heard that many incomplete sentences and interruptions since I watched The View.
    you watch the view?
    The J-man

I know right? Real unprofessional donnie.

I will not be returning to Ferguson
    I had been on the ground helping Al Jazeera America** cover the protests and unrest in Ferguson, Mo., since this all started last week. After what I saw last night, I will not be returning. The behavior and number of journalists there is so appalling, that I cannot in good conscience continue to be a part of the spectacle.

**A clarification edit: I am not a full-time employee of any Al Jazeera branch or network. I am a freelance journalist who contributes to several media platforms.

Things I’ve seen:

-Cameramen yelling at residents in public meetings for standing in way of their cameras

-Cameramen yelling at community leaders for stepping away from podium microphones to better talk to residents

-TV crews making small talk and laughing at the spot where Mike Brown was killed, as residents prayed, mourned

-A TV crew of a to-be-left-unnamed major cable network taking pieces out of a Ferguson business retaining wall to weigh down their tent

-Another major TV network renting out a gated parking lot for their one camera, not letting people in. Safely reporting the news on the other side of a tall fence.

-Journalists making the story about them

-National news correspondents glossing over the context and depth of this story, focusing instead on the sexy images of tear gas, rubber bullets, etc.

-One reporter who, last night, said he came to Ferguson as a “networking opportunity.” He later asked me to take a picture of him with Anderson Cooper.

[...]

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    you watch the view?
    I only have basic cable now, so, when the laptop is charging, the show keeps my attention for awhile. The topics aren't that bad, it's just the constant verbal gymnastics that grind my gears.
    Don't be evil like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    It should feel alien, because it's absolutely false. Even if you're addicted to capes. Every single person who says that have probably read something that parodied or satirized, or was an analogy for reality TV or some historical event or a social issue.

The answer is a smokescreen for their uncomfortability for that specific topic and/or the lack of trust in Marvel or DC to handle it properly. That's all.
    I agree. To say nothing of the fact that there's several characters that were clearly created to symbolize certain ideas. Heck, during WW2 you had superheroes actively fighting the war and telling folks to buy war bonds. Fans back then weren't going, "I don't want real world issues in my comics."

I only have basic cable now, so, when the laptop is charging, the show keeps my attention for awhile. The topics aren't that bad, it's just the constant verbal gymnastics that grind my gears.
    years agao had to watch it for work briefly when I was in the celebrity entertainment biz.........never again
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post

Mofo said take a pic of me with Anderson Cooper

I'd spike that phone like I just scored the winning touchdown and just said I'm off to disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    PM when you've finished it, me thinks we'll have a great conversation about it

Also I'll never look at coat check rooms the same ever again
    Definitely will. Probably read it tomorrow.