Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Which explains why they're pairing Boyega more with Tran instead it seems. So much for the potential dynamic that Finn had with Rey
    Big deal. Luke and Leia had potential dynamic too. He ended up some grizzled hermit who in life only got a little sugar that one time from his sister.

Truthfully I'd prefer Finn to have his own arc that doesn't specifically tie him to Rey's romantic interest.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Falcon, Tales of Suspense, Avengers
    DC Comics: Challengers of the Unknown, The Terrifics, Justice League

PSN Gamertag:

CR1MS0N_DYNAM0

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Big deal. Luke and Leia had potential dynamic too. He ended up some grizzled hermit who in life only got a little sugar that one time from his sister.

Truthfully I'd prefer Finn to have his own arc that doesn't specifically tie him to Rey's romantic interest.
    That is a big deal, because that was one of the best parts of the film was the dynamic between Finn and Rey. And once again goes back to my original point on how movies seem so adverse to bm/wf relationships.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Possibly. Gonna' have to wait and see, I guess. It sounded to me like more "subtext" and "innuendo" though.
    Also does a short contextless cameo of a character that is Gay in the comic even count?

Like, if in the movie they inexplicably cut to a scene of Living Lightning sitting on a park bench somewhere drinking Mountain Dew, would that count as representation?

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I hate to break up the flow of the thread, but I have to express myself here, my dear internet friends, I got a job offer today, it's decent pay with benefits and everything.

I have to wait until this afternoon to tell my family but I'm pretty excited about it.

Cloak and Dagger looks like it may be alright.

Congrats yo

It's funny in a sad way how low the bar for LGBT stuff in superhero movies is.
    Like I'm glad people were happy about the bit in Power Rangers but it was literally a single dialogue exchange that could be removed from the movie without altering anything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Like I'm glad people were happy about the bit in Power Rangers but it was literally a single dialogue exchange that could be removed from the movie without altering anything.
    I should have used that free movie ticket I earned from rewards on the Power Rangers Movie.

Not sure I can bring myself to pay to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    That is a big deal, because that was one of the best parts of the film was the dynamic between Finn and Rey. And once again goes back to my original point on how movies seem so adverse to bm/wf relationships.
    In 8 films they have had a grand total Star Wars two romances, Anakin and Padme being both whitewas et in stone in the 70's, and Leia and Han finally hooked up in 1980, three years after the first film came out.

Now, I could see your point if Rey had been romancing some white dude the Episode VII, but until the inevitable romance actually happens, and we can see who they pair up, it seems very premature to complain about the lack of interracial romances.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Studios fear BACKLASH if they try to use LGBT in those movies.

Never mind the fact that even if those parent groups go off-it would be easy to put them in their place.

Look at Cartoon Network-no one should have an issue with LGBT or sexual innuendo after seeing some of those shows.

Steven Universe.
    Adventure Time
    Regular Show
    Amazing World of Gumball

Then go to Nickelodeon & Teen Nick
    The loud House-the black kid got 2 gay dads
    Degrassi
    South of Nowhere
    Best Years

Disney & Freeform
    That's so Raven

Kids are use to seeing that stuff. Especially if the google those shows without family filters. Danny Phantom........Tucker Foley Tucker Foley

So a LGBT hero or heroine should not be an issue.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar
    Last edited by Moose100; 04-20-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    In 8 films they have had a grand total Star Wars two romances, Anakin and Padme being both whitewas et in stone in the 70's, and Leia and Han finally hooked up in 1980, three years after the first film came out.

Now, I could see your point if Rey had been romancing some white dude the Episode VII, but until the inevitable romance actually happens, and we can see who they pair up, it seems very premature to complain about the lack of interracial romances.
    Um, the purpose of my post points to the fact that hollywood has an issue with interracial relationships (well specifically certain types), not just from a star wars standpoint. So it's definitely not premature to talk about how hollywood has an issue with specific types of interracial relationships and in fact appear more of denial to not agree that hollywood (movies in this case) doesn't have an issue with interracial relationship with both black and white movie stars have admitted this case.

So that goes back to my original point. If we have two trilogies where they have a romance with the female lead, and this series is the one series that "doesn't have the main romance with the female lead, we already know why. Now who knows, maybe they'll pull a fast one and have them dating in the last movie. But all inclinations show that in the second movie, they are most likely not getting together, or possibly even seeing each other. So unless they plan to make up all types of ground in the third film, the chances are slim at best.

Mighty Member

I was noticing that as well, while I don't like the digs that DC were doing to Marvel just because Marvel is currently beating the pants off of DC when it comes to diversity in comics, seems like a napoleon complex to me, I'm curious to see how these characters are. So I'll pick it up. Though with DC's fanbase I'm not expecting them to go far at all. People already talking about "why are these new characters getting a push, where's are JSA", *facepalm*

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

I was noticing that as well, while I don't like the digs that DC were doing to Marvel just because Marvel is currently beating the pants off of DC when it comes to diversity in comics, seems like a napoleon complex to me, I'm curious to see how these characters are. So I'll pick it up. Though with DC's fanbase I'm not expecting them to go far at all. People already talking about "why are these new characters getting a push, where's are JSA", *facepalm*
    Im pretty much new to reading DC but JSA or Legion could come in another wave. It seems to me that DC is beating Marvel in terms of quality atm.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

The only way for Finn to have his own arc is if he stars in a spin-off film, because I highly doubt that'll ever happen in the film's trilogy. The only way it seems for Finn to have a "satisfactory" role is if he pairs with the main character.

Um, the purpose of my post points to the fact that hollywood has an issue with interracial relationships (well specifically certain types), not just from a star wars standpoint. So it's definitely not premature to talk about how hollywood has an issue with specific types of interracial relationships and in fact appear more of denial to not agree that hollywood (movies in this case) doesn't have an issue with interracial relationship with both black and white movie stars have admitted this case.
    It's been about mostly Star Wars for a few pages now.

So that goes back to my original point. If we have two trilogies where they have a romance with the female lead, and this series is the one series that "doesn't have the main romance with the female lead, we already know why. Now who knows, maybe they'll pull a fast one and have them dating in the last movie. But all inclinations show that in the second movie, they are most likely not getting together, or possibly even seeing each other. So unless they plan to make up all types of ground in the third film, the chances are slim at best.
    We don't actually know all that much about The Last Jedi, and as we have seen in the past, what they do show can't at all be relied upon to be an accurate depiction of what will be in the actual film.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Incredible Member

Speaking of that...anyone thought that, since this is Star Wars and the new movies are heavily borrowing from the original trilogy, maybe Finn needs a new little love interest, because Rey might end up being his cousin or something? I don't really think that (because Rey and Finn are cute together) but it is possible, because...Star Wars...