Page 1899 of 1906 FirstFirst ... 8991399179918491889189518961897189818991900190119021903 ... LastLast
Results 28,471 to 28,485 of 28576
  1. #28471
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Which explains why they're pairing Boyega more with Tran instead it seems. So much for the potential dynamic that Finn had with Rey
    Big deal. Luke and Leia had potential dynamic too. He ended up some grizzled hermit who in life only got a little sugar that one time from his sister.

    Truthfully I'd prefer Finn to have his own arc that doesn't specifically tie him to Rey's romantic interest.
    Pull List:

    Dark Horse: Aliens: Defiance, Predator/Prometheus/Aliens/AVP: Life and Death

    Marvel: Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain America: Steve Rogers, The Ultimates 2, Black Panther, Black Panther: World of Wakanda, Black Panther and the Crew, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Defenders.

  2. #28472
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Big deal. Luke and Leia had potential dynamic too. He ended up some grizzled hermit who in life only got a little sugar that one time from his sister.

    Truthfully I'd prefer Finn to have his own arc that doesn't specifically tie him to Rey's romantic interest.
    That is a big deal, because that was one of the best parts of the film was the dynamic between Finn and Rey. And once again goes back to my original point on how movies seem so adverse to bm/wf relationships.

  3. #28473
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Possibly. Gonna' have to wait and see, I guess. It sounded to me like more "subtext" and "innuendo" though.
    Also does a short contextless cameo of a character that is Gay in the comic even count?

    Like, if in the movie they inexplicably cut to a scene of Living Lightning sitting on a park bench somewhere drinking Mountain Dew, would that count as representation?

  4. #28474
    Geek Strong Style Smoov-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I hate to break up the flow of the thread, but I have to express myself here, my dear internet friends, I got a job offer today, it's decent pay with benefits and everything.

    I have to wait until this afternoon to tell my family but I'm pretty excited about it.

    Cloak and Dagger looks like it may be alright.


    Congrats yo

  5. #28475
    Veteran Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,733

    Default

    It's funny in a sad way how low the bar for LGBT stuff in superhero movies is.
    Like I'm glad people were happy about the bit in Power Rangers but it was literally a single dialogue exchange that could be removed from the movie without altering anything.

  6. #28476
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It's funny in a sad way how low the bar for LGBT stuff in superhero movies is.
    Like I'm glad people were happy about the bit in Power Rangers but it was literally a single dialogue exchange that could be removed from the movie without altering anything.
    I should have used that free movie ticket I earned from rewards on the Power Rangers Movie.

    Not sure I can bring myself to pay to see it.

  7. #28477
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    10,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    That is a big deal, because that was one of the best parts of the film was the dynamic between Finn and Rey. And once again goes back to my original point on how movies seem so adverse to bm/wf relationships.
    In 8 films they have had a grand total Star Wars two romances, Anakin and Padme being both whitewas et in stone in the 70's, and Leia and Han finally hooked up in 1980, three years after the first film came out.

    Now, I could see your point if Rey had been romancing some white dude the Episode VII, but until the inevitable romance actually happens, and we can see who they pair up, it seems very premature to complain about the lack of interracial romances.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

  8. #28478
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It's funny in a sad way how low the bar for LGBT stuff in superhero movies is.
    Like I'm glad people were happy about the bit in Power Rangers but it was literally a single dialogue exchange that could be removed from the movie without altering anything.
    Studios fear BACKLASH if they try to use LGBT in those movies.

    Never mind the fact that even if those parent groups go off-it would be easy to put them in their place.

    Look at Cartoon Network-no one should have an issue with LGBT or sexual innuendo after seeing some of those shows.

    Steven Universe.
    Adventure Time
    Regular Show
    Amazing World of Gumball

    Then go to Nickelodeon & Teen Nick
    The loud House-the black kid got 2 gay dads
    Degrassi
    South of Nowhere
    Best Years

    Disney & Freeform
    That's so Raven

    Kids are use to seeing that stuff. Especially if the google those shows without family filters. Danny Phantom........Tucker Foley Tucker Foley

    So a LGBT hero or heroine should not be an issue.

  9. #28479
    Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,893
    Last edited by Moose100; 04-20-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

  10. #28480
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    In 8 films they have had a grand total Star Wars two romances, Anakin and Padme being both whitewas et in stone in the 70's, and Leia and Han finally hooked up in 1980, three years after the first film came out.

    Now, I could see your point if Rey had been romancing some white dude the Episode VII, but until the inevitable romance actually happens, and we can see who they pair up, it seems very premature to complain about the lack of interracial romances.
    Um, the purpose of my post points to the fact that hollywood has an issue with interracial relationships (well specifically certain types), not just from a star wars standpoint. So it's definitely not premature to talk about how hollywood has an issue with specific types of interracial relationships and in fact appear more of denial to not agree that hollywood (movies in this case) doesn't have an issue with interracial relationship with both black and white movie stars have admitted this case.

    So that goes back to my original point. If we have two trilogies where they have a romance with the female lead, and this series is the one series that "doesn't have the main romance with the female lead, we already know why. Now who knows, maybe they'll pull a fast one and have them dating in the last movie. But all inclinations show that in the second movie, they are most likely not getting together, or possibly even seeing each other. So unless they plan to make up all types of ground in the third film, the chances are slim at best.

  11. #28481
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,500

    Default


    I was noticing that as well, while I don't like the digs that DC were doing to Marvel just because Marvel is currently beating the pants off of DC when it comes to diversity in comics, seems like a napoleon complex to me, I'm curious to see how these characters are. So I'll pick it up. Though with DC's fanbase I'm not expecting them to go far at all. People already talking about "why are these new characters getting a push, where's are JSA", *facepalm*

  12. #28482
    Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I was noticing that as well, while I don't like the digs that DC were doing to Marvel just because Marvel is currently beating the pants off of DC when it comes to diversity in comics, seems like a napoleon complex to me, I'm curious to see how these characters are. So I'll pick it up. Though with DC's fanbase I'm not expecting them to go far at all. People already talking about "why are these new characters getting a push, where's are JSA", *facepalm*
    Im pretty much new to reading DC but JSA or Legion could come in another wave. It seems to me that DC is beating Marvel in terms of quality atm.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

  13. #28483
    Veteran Member Sodam Yat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Daxam
    Posts
    1,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Big deal. Luke and Leia had potential dynamic too. He ended up some grizzled hermit who in life only got a little sugar that one time from his sister.

    Truthfully I'd prefer Finn to have his own arc that doesn't specifically tie him to Rey's romantic interest.
    The only way for Finn to have his own arc is if he stars in a spin-off film, because I highly doubt that'll ever happen in the film's trilogy. The only way it seems for Finn to have a "satisfactory" role is if he pairs with the main character.

  14. #28484
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    10,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Um, the purpose of my post points to the fact that hollywood has an issue with interracial relationships (well specifically certain types), not just from a star wars standpoint. So it's definitely not premature to talk about how hollywood has an issue with specific types of interracial relationships and in fact appear more of denial to not agree that hollywood (movies in this case) doesn't have an issue with interracial relationship with both black and white movie stars have admitted this case.
    It's been about mostly Star Wars for a few pages now.

    So that goes back to my original point. If we have two trilogies where they have a romance with the female lead, and this series is the one series that "doesn't have the main romance with the female lead, we already know why. Now who knows, maybe they'll pull a fast one and have them dating in the last movie. But all inclinations show that in the second movie, they are most likely not getting together, or possibly even seeing each other. So unless they plan to make up all types of ground in the third film, the chances are slim at best.
    We don't actually know all that much about The Last Jedi, and as we have seen in the past, what they do show can't at all be relied upon to be an accurate depiction of what will be in the actual film.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

  15. #28485
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Big deal. Luke and Leia had potential dynamic too. He ended up some grizzled hermit who in life only got a little sugar that one time from his sister.

    Truthfully I'd prefer Finn to have his own arc that doesn't specifically tie him to Rey's romantic interest.
    Speaking of that...anyone thought that, since this is Star Wars and the new movies are heavily borrowing from the original trilogy, maybe Finn needs a new little love interest, because Rey might end up being his cousin or something? I don't really think that (because Rey and Finn are cute together) but it is possible, because...Star Wars...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •