Page 1597 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 597109714971547158715931594159515961597
Results 23,941 to 23,948 of 23948
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    I think it needs to start at community level. From the ground up if you will. I feel like a lot of police departments especially in PoC communities need some form of civilian oversight/involvement. So they can have a hand creating policy/regulations and going over officer involved shootings/homicides. The downside is I feel like not every community would craft policy to same, but here's to hoping.

But watch how much the city of Baltimore dishes out in the civil suit
    The mayor threw that female attorney under the bus on Fox News. Made it CLEAR she did not hire her-that the attorney was an independently hired by someone else.

Now to the bold-folks have yelled that for YEARS. In states where you can have unions unlike Texas-you are fighting powerful unions. The same unions that guys like Trump want GONE especially in education.

The MAJOR issue is not the unions-it's how do you choose who gets to serve on that committee?

Because not everybody will be on the side you think they should be on.

Appointed by the city council? NO

Appointed by cops? NO

Appointed by the community? HELL NO

Election? Once again HELLO NO

Because any choice you choose can be corrupted. And not just by local folks-but folks who don't even live in your city or state.

Saw this posted on Sonofbaldwin's blog

Rookie Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    You're never really going to see that happen, because the overwhelming majority of police departments refuse to even acknowledge any of their problems. It usually requires the federal goverment to come in an shut some departments down entirely and rebuild them from the ground up. With the NYPD that's not even viable because of how powerful their union is, and as we saw the people running that union will defend any action by a police officer and target then attack anyone trying push for reform.
    Yeah, police unions do hold alot of weight but in some areas sheriffs are elected officials, there has to be some broader reform of municipal governments that is viable. The federal government will have to get involved but I just don't think that's likely at this point. People really need to organize and like put their money up to fight lobbies, but I wonder how many people are in it for the long haul

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    An Open Letter to the Cis White Men Who Run Comics by Cameron Glover

http://www.themarysue.com/run-the-comics/

I'm sure someone will rebuttal with, "well I like Storm"

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    You're never really going to see that happen, because the overwhelming majority of police departments refuse to even acknowledge any of their problems. It usually requires the federal goverment to come in an shut some departments down entirely and rebuild them from the ground up. With the NYPD that's not even viable because of how powerful their union is, and as we saw the people running that union will defend any action by a police officer and target then attack anyone trying push for reform.
    Not only is the NYPD actively blocking reform but:

http://gothamist.com/2016/07/28/nypd...harassment.php

They won't even allow thier activities to be documented by the press if they can get away with it.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; Yesterday at 11:56 AM.

ok look I like Matt Damon as much as the next guy and this movie looks like it could be good, but.......... why the hell is Matt Damon in this movie?!

The J-man

Most likely to draw people into seeing it. Period pieces like this one usually have to have a white guy in it.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Most likely to draw people into seeing it. Period pieces like this one usually have to have a white guy in it.
    Yeah, that movie wouldn't get a cent of American studio money without a known quantity in it.

Its a shame tho. Damon's role looks to be the kind of costume drama showpiece that guys like Jet Li or Chow Yun Fat used to automatically get.

Even Jackie could have done this playing it straight (as long as there was no stunts involved).