Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Amazing Spider-Man 2" Falls to "Neighbors" in North America

The Sony and Marvel film holds tight to the No. 1 spot internationally as it webs up a total of $550 million worldwide to date.

Full article here.

poor Spider-man. Everybody is just tired of him.

Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    You mean everybody other than the 50 million people that went to see the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The Sony and Marvel film holds tight to the No. 1 spot internationally as it webs up a total of $550 million worldwide to date.

Full article here.
    Geez, falling to #2 on its second week?

Not even Spider-Man 3 did that bad!

The only thing keeping this franchise alive at this point is the international market.

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    Geez, falling to #2 on its second week?

Not even Spider-Man 3 did that bad!

The only thing keeping this franchise alive at this point is the international market.
    Spider-Man 3 dropped 61% in its second week with, I believe, no competition at all, while this movie only dropped 59%. Then again, Spider-Man 3 opened at about $151m, not ASM 2's $91m.

It's still doing good internationally. I think Sony can deal with this.
    Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    I didn't go see it.

I'm just not excited about this movie at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    You mean everybody other than the 50 million people that went to see the movie?
    Good point...still not enough though.

Will barely make what the last one did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    It's still doing good internationally. I think Sony can deal with this.
    Maybe, maybe not, they make a lot less on international revenue because of distribution deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post

I'm just not excited about this movie at all.
    Just saw it today. The movie was not bad. It was not a homerun but it was not horrible or boring in the least. It was actually better than ASM 1 by a fair margin.

SPOILERS: I really think Sony messed up by putting out ads with the Rhino in them. His mech battle was all of 5 minutes and happened right at the end of the film. It was really a story of Spidey vs. Electro and Green Goblin. Additionally, there was no need to put the Green Goblin in the film. He could have been saved for movie #3 (we could have just watched him get into the suit and that would be the end of his story for the film). The ending battle with Electro was solid and would have ended the film on a high note. Instead we had to sit through a fairly generic "lulz evil" kind of Goblin and watch him kill Emma, then sit through 5 minutes of Peter not being Spider-Man, only to see him re-don the uniform once he got over his dead girlfriend. A much less dramatic ending (considering how much more impact Gwen's death could have had if they had waited for another film to really develop Osborn's hate of Peter to a much darker degree).

Low domestic ticket sales aside, the film is still performing strongly worldwide and has made more than pretty much every Fox X-Men film in only 3 weeks.

Speaking of which, it amazes that regardless of how well received the films have been X-Men has remained the largest underperforming franchise of the big superhero franchises. I don't think a single X-film has broken $500 million worldwide. If DoFP can't do it, I don't think anything will so long as the franchise remains with Fox.

BANNED

I hope this movie doesn't make another cent. I want it to be a financial disaster for Sony. The same goes for Fox and dofp.

Zenescoped? Chrysalis_Changling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DynamicEntry View Post
    I hope this movie doesn't make another cent. I want it to be a financial disaster for Sony. The same goes for Fox and dofp.
    why?...the rights are never going back to marvel and even if they did it would just mean Marvel would have to juggle too many movies

I saw the film on the weekend. I thought it was actually enjoyable. Much better than the first (which is not s stretch) but I certainly wasn't looking at my watch wondering when it was going to end. I didn't like Emma Stone, but the film covered many of the beats from the books.

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    Just saw it today. The movie was not bad. It was not a homerun but it was not horrible or boring in the least. It was actually better than ASM 1 by a fair margin.

SPOILERS: I really think Sony messed up by putting out ads with the Rhino in them. His mech battle was all of 5 minutes and happened right at the end of the film. It was really a story of Spidey vs. Electro and Green Goblin. Additionally, there was no need to put the Green Goblin in the film. He could have been saved for movie #3 (we could have just watched him get into the suit and that would be the end of his story for the film). The ending battle with Electro was solid and would have ended the film on a high note. Instead we had to sit through a fairly generic "lulz evil" kind of Goblin and watch him kill Emma, then sit through 5 minutes of Peter not being Spider-Man, only to see him re-don the uniform once he got over his dead girlfriend. A much less dramatic ending (considering how much more impact Gwen's death could have had if they had waited for another film to really develop Osborn's hate of Peter to a much darker degree).
    I think they put him in because:

spoilers:
    They had to write Gwen out of the story. I also don't think he so much as go over the death of Gwen. As much as the fact that he realized that he had a responsibility to help others and sitting around feeling sorry for himself would not help. Further I think that from viewing the video he knew that's what Gwen would want him to continue to live his life and help others.

end of spoilers
    "A Bond Girl must be a strong & independent woman. But at the same time charming & sensual. Those opposite qualities combined together make her interesting. She must be strong, but at the same time feminine".-Olga Kurylenko

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    why?...the rights are never going back to marvel and even if they did it would just mean Marvel would have to juggle too many movies
    Because when Marvel Studios makes a movie its automatically good, case in point Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World.