Page 163 of 163 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163
Results 2,431 to 2,436 of 2436

I like several members of the "Spider-Family" even if I don't think the concept of one really works all that well.

Especially compared to DC's families.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Mayday has quickly become my favorite spider-family character and funnily enough the original Ben Reilly was my favorite before that. Haven't read much with Kaine, but I do kinda like Miles, Flash and Peter, even if I won't exactly seek out stories with them.
    I agree on Classic Ben Reilly. How unfortunate those in charge of Marvel have seen fit to ruin, imo, a once great character.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

Mayday has quickly become my favorite spider-family character and funnily enough the original Ben Reilly was my favorite before that. Haven't read much with Kaine, but I do kinda like Miles, Flash and Peter, even if I won't exactly seek out stories with them.
    Yost Scarlet Spider run is pretty good, even when i think that tye quality dropped a little in the final issues. I love Ben for how similar he was to Peter and at the same time so different, of course Peter would be number 1 for me, no matter what (even if the last 10 years his characther has been less than stelar). Miles is an interesting concept that has been poorly executed since day one IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like several members of the "Spider-Family" even if I don't think the concept of one really works all that well.

Especially compared to DC's families.
    I don't dislike the others exactly, but i don't think that their inclusion on the mythos has been particurlary well handled, some of the had improved like Silk, but some others hadn't sadly like Miles or Spider-Gwen.
    Last edited by TheCape; Yesterday at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yost Scarlet Spider run is pretty good, even when i think that tye quality dropped a little in the final issues. I love Ben for how similar he was to Peter and at the same time so different
    Agreed about both.

of course Peter would be number 1 for me, no matter what (even if the last 10 years his characther has been less than stelar).
    Peter's a case for me where I like the character quite a bit, but I like a version of him outside the comics a lot more. I don't think I'll ever be over Spectacular Spider-Man.

Miles is an interesting concept that has been poorly executed since day one IMHO.
    I've read barely any of Miles' solo stuff. Mostly just know him from the current Champions book.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

I don't dislike the others exactly, but i don't think that their inclusion on the mythos has been particurlary well handled, some of the had improved like Silk, but some others hadn't sadly like Miles or Spider-Gwen.
    I think generally the other Spiders are fine characters in their own right but more often then not it doesn't feel like they add that much to the core mythos or to Peter in general whenever they interact (and sometimes it feels like they actually detract from him).

And sometimes they can feel so shoe-horned into other media with Peter in it (I'm looking at you, Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon).
    Peter's a case for me where I like the character quite a bit, but I like a version of him outside the comics a lot more. I don't think I'll ever be over Spectacular Spider-Man.
    You and me both...
    I've read barely any of Miles' solo stuff. Mostly just know him from the current Champions book.
    Miles in Champions is okay, but you're not really going to get a good reading on a Spider-Character in a Mark Waid book.