Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175
Results 2,611 to 2,616 of 2616
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    It's fairly apparent that the market or something up here in Canada (I'm sure it relates to the strength of the cdn dollar relative to US currency too of course) has changed over the past year or so because neither Amazon or Indigo seem to offer very many sales on books anymore. A couple years ago the markdowns Amazon regularly had were crazy! I've been buying from the secondary/used market on Amazon a lot recently and have gotten some good deals but there hasn't been much in the way of general sales in months...and usually it's only 8% off when there has been.
    Yep.. makes absolutely no sense.

Fantastic Member

Amazon.ca has buy 5 books get $10 off right now. Big whoop, lol...

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Honestly , at this point amazon.ca and indigo / chapters so called deals as so pathetic they can't even compete with my two lcs in my area , ( one offers monthly 20 to 30 % sales on the u.s price point and the other offers occasional 50 to 80 % off the u.s prices) I d rather put money in the hands of my local little guy (and actually save money on my comics mind you!) Then lose money with these big corporations! These fake Canadian retail prices are insane!
    And then there were none...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Honestly , at this point amazon.ca and indigo / chapters so called deals as so pathetic they can't even compete with my two lcs in my area , ( one offers monthly 20 to 30 % sales on the u.s price point and the other offers occasional 50 to 80 % off the u.s prices) I d rather put money in the hands of my local little guy (and actually save money on my comics mind you!) Then lose money with these big corporations! These fake Canadian retail prices are insane!
    that's not the case where I am. My LCS sells books at American cover price PLUS 30%! lol...It doesn't work out to anything close to Amazon's regular pricing. So it's still Amazon for me...

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    that's not the case where I am. My LCS sells books at American cover price PLUS 30%! lol...It doesn't work out to anything close to Amazon's regular pricing. So it's still Amazon for me...
    Aww that sucks. I feel for ya. If they're not offering discounts on the U.S price that probably means they're not getting enough traffic in their shop or they're really greedy. I know of another shop in my area that's in a big mall and the owner owns another store outside the mall. The one outside the mall sells floppies at U.S retail price and sometimes has a discount on that price and his store in the mall actually does the opposite ...he charges 5.25 to 6.50 on floppies because he has to pay high rent in the mall. I refuse to shop there quite frankly. It's all crazy, our dollar is low bt it's not that low. Amazon and indigo (online ) really should be competing better. Heck it's sometimes cheaper to order from Amazon.com and pay the difference and shipping on some products like omnis and sometimes when items are discounted.
    And then there were none...

Absolute Batman Hush is on sale at FP London for 30. I might pick it up. Unless someone gives me a reason not to.