Page 123 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1948
    Ultimate Member

Yeah, I don't think he'll be on a team in the near future. From the original volume 3 lineup, the Unity Squad has lost Captain America, Deadpool, and Cable, and gained Wasp (who joined just before Cap disbanded the team), Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man, and (in the issue after next) Beast.

The other Avengers teams will get a shakeup themselves in a few months. U.S.Avengers looks like it's ending - I would expect a New Avengers book to replace it. The adjectiveless team is almost certainly getting a new lineup after the Champions crossover Worlds Collide, since they're at least losing Jane Foster. I'd keep an eye on the January solicits.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Thank You
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Captain America Steve Rogers Vision

Ultimate Member

I like how the cover shows everything being blasted away, including the old ANAD Marvel Avengers line trade dress (which appears here for the last time, #28 is the start of Legacy).

I assume that guy in the taxi is a lawyer?

is it the first time gravitron has send a team of avengers flying into space?
    The Self is the only existing reality

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    is it the first time gravitron has send a team of avengers flying into space?
    Not really.....in fact, Gravitron has only suspended the Avengers (and other MU Heroes, including the X-Men) within THUNDERBOLTS #57 IIRC.

....And there may have been other moments in which Gravitron has send a few MU Heroes into space (and Spider-Man was indeed one of them, but he managed to escaped that fate).
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 09-08-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Cable already left - Zub didn't get a say on that one, as the reason he left was because he got a solo.
    Sure. Because a time traveler with teleportation capabilities can't be in a solo and on a team, right?

Yet a 200 year old, beyond geriatric mutant who possesses neither of those can manage a solo plus be on like four teams at once. Ridiculous...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Sure. Because a time traveler with teleportation capabilities can't be in a solo and on a team, right?

Yet a 200 year old, beyond geriatric mutant who possesses neither of those can manage a solo plus be on like four teams at once. Ridiculous...
    maybe after Deadpool 2
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Captain America Steve Rogers Vision

Ultimate Member

X office trumps Avengers office on that one. They only ever had Cable because he wasn't in any ANAD X books.

As for Logan, to be fair, Astonishing seems to be happening on a single day. Weapon X is set over a very short period too.

Rogue is also appearing in both UA and AXM. Point being, they could've easily allowed Zub to keep Cable. Even with him hopping through time in his solo, so what? It's time travel! He can be anywhere and anywhen.

Astonishing Member

Rogue is also appearing in both UA and AXM. Point being, they could've easily allowed Zub to keep Cable. Even with him hopping through time in his solo, so what? It's time travel! He can be anywhere and anywhen.
    We both know why characters like Wolverine are in many books. Popularity.

Rogue is in 2 monthly books. This is not better than being in Gold or Blue (bi weekly books).
    Favorite Comics:

True. Maybe after Deadpool 2, like you said. Fingers crossed...

Mighty Member

https://thegeekanalyst.wordpress.com...cannyavengers/

Uncanny Avengers (2015-*Present)
    Posted on September 11, 2017 by thegeekanalyst
    In the last two years, the Uncanny Avengers book has been my preferred*Avengers book, and there has been a lot of different Avengers book. The consistency of the team and the fact that it’s the only series that didn’t get reset after each major event has helped me build a relationship and attachment to the team. Despite, what we can consider, a rocky start, the strength*of this run, by Gerry Duggan, has been formidable; filled with action and witty comedy it didn’t miss a beat and it always left me craving more. The Unity Squad went from fighting a new villain named the Shredded Man, to a version of Ultron mixed with Hank Pym, a Zombie Hulk, and finally the Red Skull. It was a real roller coaster of emotions all supported by great writing and amazing art that accompanied it with a stunning cartoonish*vibe. This is why I want to thank Gerry Duggan for taking us on this amazing adventure; thanks also go out to Pepe Larraz and Ryan Stegman the two primary artists on this run who did an amazing job bringing one of my favorite stories, of the past two years, to life.
    The Unity Squad isn’t done though, a new writer has stepped up to the plate: Jim Zub. We already had a taste of what he can do with this team with the last few issues being written by him. When I discovered Gerry Duggan wasn’t writing this series anymore I was a little bummed out, but, then, I saw that Jim Zub had taken over the title and I couldn’t be more excited. Jim Zub spent the last year writing my second favorite team book from Marvel that being the Thunderbolts. Seeing him take over another group of not-so-well-adjusted people is getting me super pumped for what’s to come with Uncanny Avengers. Zub did an impressive job on Thunderbolts mixing heartfelt moment and humour, which, I believe are important aspects of this Avengers line-up. The tone will, definitely, be different since both Cable and Deadpool aren’t on the team anymore, but with Quicksilver and Johnny Storm there is enough room to create a humourous tone. I’m, honestly, very stocked seeing which direction the upcoming issues will go in.
    The first few issues haven’t been great for sure, but they’ve been alright. In Zub’s defense, it’s hard to jump onto a new team in the middle of an event and do something amazing, but I feel that he’s done okay with what he was given. With issue 26 we are, finally, able to see what he can bring to the table, and there is potential; we already see the rivalry that will grow between the Scarlet Witch and Rogue and that it will be an important plot point in upcoming stories. This team has a lot of potential directions it could go in; first, we have the Scarlet Witch having to deal with the fallout from Secret Empire and her possession by Chthon. With Scarlet Witch and Doctor Voodoo, this team has two powerful sorcerers to depend on; Zub might attempt to have his stories touch the mystical side of the Marvel landscape. Wasp on this team brings an aspect of leadership that might help Rogue step into the leadership role we’ve seen her inch towards, little by little, Janet van Dyne, being a founding Avengers, will be able to serve as a mentor to Rogue. Personally, I think this upcoming run will be focused around Wasp, Rogue, and the Scarlet Witch having the team dynamic based around these three strong female characters could be an interesting approach. This is all speculation on my part none of this could happen, in the end, I believe Jim Zub will continue the glorious adventures of the Unity Squad and that’s what matters.
    Thank you all for reading this short article. If you have any thoughts on the Uncanny Avengers feel free to share with me on Twitter or right on here in the comments; I will be more than happy to respond. Goodbye for now!
    -Vincent G.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why did sales drop? Is it because Deadpool and Cable are gone? Or maybe people don't want another round of Wanda vs Rogue.