Page 1476 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 476976137614261466147214731474147514761477147814791480 ... LastLast
Results 22,126 to 22,140 of 22204
  1. #22126
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    13,080

    Default

    From what I've heard and has been mentioned here ... if that was them giving their all, it should probably end.

  2. #22127
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    From what I've heard and has been mentioned here ... if that was them giving their all, it should probably end.
    Meh I liked it and they seemed to be improving quite a lot until Volume 5.

    As much as they dropped the ball in volume 5 they did seem to improving in general, but nothing will kill your potential to improve more than giving up.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 06-13-2018 at 04:29 PM.

  3. #22128
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    This is a thought that has been worrying me for some time in regards to the future of RWBY. The series has garnered a lot of negative buzz in the wake of Volume 5, and while a negative reception is one thing, a constant never ending wave of negativity, like the one that RWBY has received, since Volume 5 ended. That dosn't galvanise a writer into stepping up his game, it just makes a writer give up and not want to do it anymore.

    Whatever other criticisms I have of Miles and Kerry as writers, I atleast got the sense that they were giving the series their all and that they had enthusiasm for what they were doing, but from this point onwards I'm not so sure that will be the case.
    Man, if RWBY ends, what else is FatManFalling going to complain about?

  4. #22129
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    13,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Meh I liked it and they seemed to be improving quite a lot until Volume 5.

    As much as they dropped the ball in volume 5 they did seem to improving in general, but nothing will kill your potential to improve more than giving up.
    I mean if their best is objectively bad, what's the difference ?

  5. #22130
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Man, if RWBY ends, what else is FatManFalling going to complain about?
    Eh I think a lot of his criticisms are pretty accurate, but I also think he's kind of an asshole, so I can't say that I will shed a tear, if he sinks into obscurity along with RWBY.

  6. #22131
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean if their best is objectively bad, what's the difference ?
    Volumes 3 and 4 were actualy pretty decent in my opinion.

  7. #22132
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,537

    Default



    just a reminder of why i call ushiyama............."the legend".

  8. #22133
    Thumbs Up The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    2,042

    Default

    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  9. #22134
    Myself
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Proof that Gaku'ei is at least halfway to becoming a Great General of the Heavens.
    Also Houken probably coming to Dynasty Warriors again, hopefully he doesn't job.

  10. #22135
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    3,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    This is a thought that has been worrying me for some time in regards to the future of RWBY. The series has garnered a lot of negative buzz in the wake of Volume 5, and while a negative reception is one thing, a constant never ending wave of negativity, like the one that RWBY has received, since Volume 5 ended. That dosn't galvanise a writer into stepping up his game, it just makes a writer give up and not want to do it anymore.

    Whatever other criticisms I have of Miles and Kerry as writers, I atleast got the sense that they were giving the series their all and that they had enthusiasm for what they were doing, but from this point onwards I'm not so sure that will be the case.
    As writers, they will have to take in what criticism they receive, weigh in the validity of those complaints, and apply what they've discerned into Volume 6. However, I doubt this is going to disenfranchise them from continuing the series. RWBY is, objectively speaking, immensely popular in spite of the criticism it receives and has garnered commercial success. They aren't going to hang up the series over the reception of one Volume.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

  11. #22136
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,645

    Default

    http://www.hy-ls.org/index.php/hyls/...7-264-1-PB.pdf

    ^-(PDF, scientific paper) Dual-gender macrochimeric tissue discordance is predicted to be a significant cause of human homosexuality and transgenderism

    I got a TL;DR/ELI5 from the subreddit I'm subbed to:

    Basically, this is a scientific paper that outlines a hypothesis that a significant portion of the human species (5-10) are Chimeras to some small extent, and furthermore that if we looked for signs of chimerism in the central nervous system, specifically nervous system cells that are XX chromosome in an otherwise XY chromosome body, or the other way around, we would find that the majority of people for whom this is true are homosexual or transsexual, and that this may explain the majority, or some large portion, of the homosexual and transsexual population.

  12. #22137
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    As writers, they will have to take in what criticism they receive, weigh in the validity of those complaints, and apply what they've discerned into Volume 6. However, I doubt this is going to disenfranchise them from continuing the series. RWBY is, objectively speaking, immensely popular in spite of the criticism it receives and has garnered commercial success. They aren't going to hang up the series over the reception of one Volume.
    I don't mean they necessarily hang up the series, but more along the lines of Kubo towards the end of Bleach, were it was pretty obvious that he had lost his passion for it and stopped trying.

    When it comes down to improving as a writer (or writing in general), I don't think it's something you can do if you don't want to do it, or don't believe in your ability to do so. While they were steadily improving over the course of the first 4 volumes (v5's failure not withstanding), that train of improvement will be permanently derailed, if they have hit the point, were they don't want to do it, or don't believe in their ability to do it.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 06-14-2018 at 03:08 AM.

  13. #22138
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    3,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I don't mean they necessarily hang up the series, but more along the lines of Kubo towards the end of Bleach, were it was pretty obvious that he had lost his passion for it and stopped trying.

    When it comes down to improving as a writer (or writing in general), I don't think it's something you can do if you don't want to do it, or don't believe in your ability to do so. While they were steadily improving over the course of the first 4 volumes (v5's failure not withstanding), that train of improvement will be permanently derailed, if they have hit the point, were they don't want to do it, or don't believe in their ability to do it.
    But this is ultimately speculative since we have no basis to gauge how the negative buzz has affected the writers' commitment or enthusiasm for the series(if it has at all). The quality of Volume 6 will be the indicator to that query.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

  14. #22139
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    But this is ultimately speculative since we have no basis to gauge how the negative buzz has affected the writers' commitment or enthusiasm for the series(if it has at all). The quality of Volume 6 will be the indicator to that query.
    Fair enough. Either way I don't think it's quite fair that Miles is the one who gets the most sht thrown at him out of the two writers. Considering that Kerry is the one who's running the show and most evidence points towards Miles actually being the more competent one of the two.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 06-14-2018 at 04:01 AM.

  15. #22140
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Sharp, I didn't know you were in game ads.



    Aw, gawd. Thank you for the horrible memories.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •