Page 955 of 1065 FirstFirst ... 45585590594595195295395495595695795895996510051055 ... LastLast
Results 14,311 to 14,325 of 15964

http://realotakugamer.com/bandai-ann...limax-fighters
    Kamen Rider Climax Fighters is getting an English language version!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Years later and I still have no idea where the manta ray came from.

just saw IT , it was a wonderfully terrifying and creepy movie. I'll give it a A, and I very much looking forward to Chapter 2.
    My Forum check it out

Rpg & Story Gigaverse

I just found out that initially, Marvel Comics co owned super sentai...mind blown!

Astonishing Member

My Hero Academia: Ok... I did not expect Overhaul to be able to do that with his power. I keep forgetting that he's kinda OP actually.

Now it's really time for the final boss battle of the arc. Meanwhile, Toga and Twice are waiting in the shadows to pick off the winner.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

Years later and I still have no idea where the manta ray came from.
    *Snickers* I know, right? Giant manta ray that barfs chi bolts.

I watched the Stormriders movie (hint: no manta ray).

I bought the DVD's for Wind and Cloud, the series (ie W&C2, what you have there), in Vancouver.

I started watching....

...'what the hell?' O_o

So I showed a friend.

'What the hell? O_o

Then I showed Wavemaninawe when he visited me.

'What the -' Okay, I could continue but you get the idea.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

"...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    *Snickers* I know, right? Giant manta ray that barfs chi bolts.

I watched the Stormriders movie (hint: no manta ray).

I bought the DVD's for Wind and Cloud, the series (ie W&C2, what you have there), in Vancouver.

I started watching....

...'what the hell?' O_o

So I showed a friend.

'What the hell? O_o

Then I showed Wavemaninawe when he visited me.

'What the -' Okay, I could continue but you get the idea.
    Yeah. I mean I like the fights and effects for a TV show of its time but....Really, where did that come from?! It boggles my mind especially when I start checking out Stormriders. I mean I was annoyed at how Sword Saint died in the movie but still no goddamn Manta Ray XD

Thoughts on the choreography?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Yeah. I mean I like the fights and effects for a TV show of its time but....Really, where did that come from?! It boggles my mind especially when I start checking out Stormriders. I mean I was annoyed at how Sword Saint died in the movie but still no goddamn Manta Ray XD
    Just blew my mind when I watched it.

Kind of like the Japanese Spider-man Giant Robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post

Thoughts on the choreography?
    I've seen worse (I've also seen this before, but).

Clearly the two have some kind of skill/physicality. They also 'fight' at ranges where they clearly COULD be hitting each other, and likely would have in many occasions had they not blocked or dodged (which beats some of the crap in the movies).

My faults with it are the usual: too many fanciful movements (I actually like the original series stuff better, as it's not Wushu), leading with the freaking body too much, physical attacks that are dodged rather than, you know, parried with the white-hot blade of limb destruction, icepick grip BS halfway through the fight, that kind of thing.

Again...seen worse.

"...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

...I swear, I ever choreograph a fight scene it's going to be short, ugly, and likely boring to watch.

- Estrecca

- Nik Hasta

- Pendaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Just blew my mind when I watched it.

Kind of like the Japanese Spider-man Giant Robot.

I've seen worse (I've also seen this before, but).

Clearly the two have some kind of skill/physicality. They also 'fight' at ranges where they clearly COULD be hitting each other, and likely would have in many occasions had they not blocked or dodged (which beats some of the crap in the movies).

My faults with it are the usual: too many fanciful movements (I actually like the original series stuff better, as it's not Wushu), leading with the freaking body too much, physical attacks that are dodged rather than, you know, parried with the white-hot blade of limb destruction, icepick grip BS halfway through the fight, that kind of thing.

Again...seen worse.
    That's disappointing to hear from you because I was hoping you'd find it good.

What did you mean by "icepick grip?"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    That's disappointing to hear from you because I was hoping you'd find it good.
    Like I said, it's not crap or anything. Frankly, it's better than what I saw in 'The Phantom Menace', for my money. And the dudes doing it are quite physically adept. There is more of a nod toward actually 'aiming at the enemy' rather than 'aiming at his weapon and trying to make it look like you're trying to hit him'. There's a lot less 'standing in one place while fighting' (suicide) and even when it happens they're often adjusting their feet.

And yeah, it's hard to actually do weapon use 'realistically' because that's how actors get hurt.

I'm just really picky these days, so I listed the stuff I don't like about it. To be honest, most Hollywood movies with weapon fights have AT LEAST this many problems, and often more egregiously (though...they're getting better).

What did you mean by "icepick grip?"
    There's a part in the movie where the bad dude (edit: I guess they're both Sith or something, but one guy has a girlfriend, so I guess he's the good guy?) separates his staff-saber into two bits. He then holds them 'reverse' grip - stabby stabby point down grip, as opposed to like a sword.

It's called 'icepick' grip in knife-parlance because that's how you hold an icepick when you're using it to stab ice and break it up.

I'm not a fan of it in knife-use, as it does truncate the range somewhat, but I've met people who can really make it work.

However, it's silly for sword use. For one, swords aren't balanced that way (this is not an issue with lightsabers, I'll admit). For another, it doesn't just give up reach, it gives up HUGE reach. For another, it puts oneself at risk (moreso with lightsabers).

But he changes to 'regular' grip after a bit, so that's better.

- Estrecca

- Nik Hasta

- Pendaran