1. #21346
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    But fan shipping is..



    Ive noticed a large increase in the dragonslayer ship lately
    Nitpick.

    Shipping is part of the fandom, not the show.

    Which one is dragon slayer now again?

  2. #21347
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, that seems about right.
    I disagree. The beginning of the Buu saga shows us that Goku is willing to put his desire for a good fight behind doing what is right for the planet. The BS Vegeta and him pulled for not using the DBs to find Geros lab aside, Goku and co really were trying to prevent Buus resurrection. If Goku understood what abilities the gauntlet gives, I can see him not wanting it around since it is like a cheat device. A person doesn't even have to "fight" in the traditional way with it in order to "fight".

  3. #21348
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    If Goku understood what abilities the gauntlet gives, I can see him not wanting it around since it is like a cheat device. A person doesn't even have to "fight" in the traditional way with it in order to "fight".
    See the key part is whether Goku would understand.

    Goku: So it makes you into a god? That's cool, I've beaten gods.

    Me: No, like... /the/ god.

    Goku: Like Kami?

    Me: No.

    Goku: Like King Kai?

    Me: No.

    Goku: Like Kaioshin?

    Me: No.

    Goku: Like Lord Beerus?

    Me: Keep going.

    Goku: Like Whis?

    Me: Even more powerful.

    Goku: Like Zen-oh?

    Me: Well... maybe not quite on that level. Zen-oh can obliterate entire Universes by thinking hard about it. I think the Gauntlet makes you a bit weaker than that because it's only able to work on one Universe.

    Goku: So... stronger than Whis but weaker than Zen-oh?

    Me: I feel like that's an oversimplification of a complex question...

    Goku: I mean, I think it'd be an interesting fight.

    Me: Goku give me the Time Stone.

    Goku ... *moves toward Thanos* ...

    Me: Goku.

    Goku: ... I mean, I can probably beat him...

    Me: /Goku/
    Twitter

    Tumblr

    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.

    Art Thread on CBR

  4. #21349
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    See the key part is whether Goku would understand.

    Goku: So it makes you into a god? That's cool, I've beaten gods.

    Me: No, like... /the/ god.

    Goku: Like Kami?

    Me: No.

    Goku: Like King Kai?

    Me: No.

    Goku: Like Kaioshin?

    Me: No.

    Goku: Like Lord Beerus?

    Me: Keep going.

    Goku: Like Whis?

    Me: Even more powerful.

    Goku: Like Zen-oh?

    Me: Well... maybe not quite on that level. Zen-oh can obliterate entire Universes by thinking hard about it. I think the Gauntlet makes you a bit weaker than that because it's only able to work on one Universe.

    Goku: So... stronger than Whis but weaker than Zen-oh?

    Me: I feel like that's an oversimplification of a complex question...

    Goku: I mean, I think it'd be an interesting fight.

    Me: Goku give me the Time Stone.

    Goku ... *moves toward Thanos* ...

    Me: Goku.

    Goku: ... I mean, I can probably beat him...

    Me: /Goku/
    Goku is smarter than DBZA Goku :P. Just tell him that the gauntlet gives people the ability to just turn people into goo with a thought and/or manipulate reality so that the user wins automatically. He'd see justy how much a cheat device it really is then ^_^.

  5. #21350

  6. #21351
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    When are they just going to give up and finally make an officially produced M.U.G.E.N. series?

  7. #21352
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Goku: So... stronger than Whis but weaker than Zen-oh?

    Me: I feel like that's an oversimplification of a complex question...

    Goku: I mean, I think it'd be an interesting fight.

    Me: Goku give me the Time Stone.

    Goku ... *moves toward Thanos* ...

    Me: Goku.

    Goku: ... I mean, I can probably beat him...

    Me: /Goku/
    I laughed. A lot.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  8. #21353
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    When are they just going to give up and finally make an officially produced M.U.G.E.N. series?
    What the heck did I just watch?

    Man. Weirdness.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  9. #21354
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    3,156

    Default

    So, Rocksteady Studios is going to attempt the impossible and make a Superman game. I don't know whether to be excited or worried because while Rocksteady has proven to be a stellar game developer, the concept of a Superman game has always been difficult to tackle due to the power level of the character.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

  10. #21355
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, Rocksteady Studios is going to attempt the impossible and make a Superman game. I don't know whether to be excited or worried because while Rocksteady has proven to be a stellar game developer, the concept of a Superman game has always been difficult to tackle due to the power level of the character.
    Superman is potentially the greatest sandbox game character there is. Just give him all his powers up front, and let him operate at whatever scale is most suitable for a video game, instead of getting all hung up on the idea that he needs to be punching moons out of orbit. Set him at Animated Series levels or 1940s levels or whatever, and he would be just fine. They managed to make a pretty solid destructible-city sandbox out of the Hulk. Just do that, but with heat vision and flight, and have him fight robots and aliens and monsters instead of just stopping muggers and bank robbers.**

    In fact, LEGO has already done Superman sandbox twice with the DC cast, five+ times if you include the Marvel games which have similar characters.

    I suspect, however, that they're going to feel they have to come up with a shitty plot device to weaken him, and make him re-gain his powers one at a time, because video game formula. I really hope they don't go that route.

    **Alright, that came out wrong, see follow up post below.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 05-16-2018 at 01:22 PM.

  11. #21356
    Truth and Conviction Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Ive noticed a large increase in the dragonslayer ship lately
    Probably because both were in the 'I'm not so crazy about Oz' camp.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Which one is dragon slayer now again?
    Jaune/Yang

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, Rocksteady Studios is going to attempt the impossible and make a Superman game. I don't know whether to be excited or worried because while Rocksteady has proven to be a stellar game developer, the concept of a Superman game has always been difficult to tackle due to the power level of the character.
    I want cat-rescuing side-quests.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

  12. #21357
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Superman is potentially the greatest sandbox game character there is. Just give him all his powers up front, and let him operate at whatever scale is most suitable for a video game, instead of getting all hung up on the idea that he needs to be punching moons out of orbit. Set him at Animated Series levels or 1940s levels or whatever, and he would be just fine. They managed to make a pretty solid destructible-city sandbox out of the Hulk. Just do that, but with heat vision and flight, and have him fight robots and aliens and monsters instead of just stopping muggers and bank robbers.

    In fact, LEGO has already done Superman sandbox twice with the DC cast, five+ times if you include the Marvel games which have similar characters.

    I suspect, however, that they're going to feel they have to come up with a shitty plot device to weaken him, and make him re-gain his powers one at a time, because video game formula. I really hope they don't go that route.
    I wonder if a destructible open world is really the way to go with Superman though. I mean, it worked for Hulk because when you play as Hulk you want to do the smashing and the raging, and destroying a city feels like a natural part of that and you could just let loose after a crappy day by ripping a car in half and use the two half as boxing gloves while you smashed giant robots.

    That's not really the feel I can see working as well with a Superman game, especially if you're trying to stay true to the character. If you're trying to stay true to Superman's character then you don't want to give the players the opportunity to act as Superdick. That is, unless you're a Superdick game, and if they're making a Superdick game then they better include a mechanic that allows you to marry people to gorillas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Jaune/Yang
    *weighs it over in head*

    They haven't interacted a lot but... I guess, if either of them have to have a romantic interest going forward.

  13. #21358

    Default

    Street Fighter characters being add as guest characters to Power Rangers Legacy. which is pretty much the only modern Power Rangers fighting game. this could open up the doors to Capcom vs. Toei or Capcom vs. Hasbro hey they was a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. most Importantly Ryu retains his crown as the King of Crossovers.



    there a reason why this is a trope

    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...pcomvsWhatever

    mark my words one of these will happen either Capcom vs. Toei or Capcom vs. Hasbro.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-16-2018 at 01:14 PM.

  14. #21359
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,347

    Default

    Dr.K being pure awesome.
    https://i.imgur.com/f14zv3N.jpg
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

  15. #21360
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I wonder if a destructible open world is really the way to go with Superman though. I mean, it worked for Hulk because when you play as Hulk you want to do the smashing and the raging, and destroying a city feels like a natural part of that and you could just let loose after a crappy day by ripping a car in half and use the two half as boxing gloves while you smashed giant robots.

    That's not really the feel I can see working as well with a Superman game, especially if you're trying to stay true to the character. If you're trying to stay true to Superman's character then you don't want to give the players the opportunity to act as Superdick. That is, unless you're a Superdick game, and if they're making a Superdick game then they better include a mechanic that allows you to marry people to gorillas.
    *SIGH*

    Okay, making a Superdick game is not really what I meant, but I can see how I fucked up the wording there. Although, there is also the issue that you're just going to have people trying to do whatever they perceive they're not supposed to, so you know people would play Superman as an asshole regardless of how much you tried to make the game "in character."

    I mean, shit, they could easily make a Zodd mode DLC, where wrecking Metropolis is the point, too. That could be fun.

    The intent of that statement was to point out that you can make a game featuring phenomenally powerful superhero characters (such as the Hulk) and have it work without worrying so much about "properly displaying the strength". Upper end versions of the Hulk are pretty fucking ridiculous, but Ultimate Destruction doesn't let you just wipe out the whole city with a single punch to the ground. You just need to be able to have their powers interact with the environment in a fun way that shows off the basic concept of the ability.

    Superman can fly, so make sure there is verticality to the game, and that you do more with it than fly through rings. I dunno, have a section with floating platforms, or have alien invasion sequences where you can fly up to and land on vessels. Through a sky fortress in there.

    Superman can use heat vision. Have specific things to either burn, melt, or even repair with the vision. Or things to freeze with his freeze breath. Maybe repairing things that are damaged can be part of the challenge, i.e., you could make environmental destruction be possible, but have it be part of the point that Superman would be working to prevent or minimize the destruction.

    Superman has super strength, so he can shatter barriers, throw objects as projectiles to damage things his heat vision can't, or lift and carry things to safety. If environment destruction is a problem, make part of the challenge be getting enemies to engage him in an area where building destruction isn't a risk, and that's part of the challenge. Destroy too much infrastructure, and you fail the mission.

    Super speed could be done just mostly through travel, but maybe reaction commands or a type of bullet time could come into play.

    He's invulnerable, so sure, make him bullet proof, make it so he doesn't get hurt by a car smacking into him at normal speed, but Superman gets knocked around all the time by bad guys, hit with energy blasts that stagger him, punched across cities by other guys on his level. This is something the aforementioned LEGO game did, where invulnerable characters only took damage from characters on their strength level, or very specific objects/environment damage. And, of course, there can always be things like Kryptonite contamination in parts of the city that cause environmental damage to him, limiting the time he can operate in an area, and incentivizing said repair missions. Or, there's the obvious thing of Kryptonite-enhanced mutants being able to kick his ass the way a bunch of thugs ganging up on Batman could be a threat.

    And so on with his other abilities.

    Point is, there's a lot you could do in a Superman sandbox game, such that his power levels shouldn't really be an issue, and a half-decent game-scenario writer could easily find ways to factor the abilities and his character into gameplay goals.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 05-16-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •