Page 954 of 974 FirstFirst ... 454854904944950951952953954955956957958964 ... LastLast
Results 14,296 to 14,310 of 14598

So watched Stephen Chow's Journey to the West film and...It was okay. Sorta fun but nothing too crazy.

spoilers:
    Especially the end as Sun Wukong effortlessly defeats all opposition and is a total asshole. Ranging from ripping all the hair out of Xuanzang's head for daring to pray for Buddha in front of him to killing the love interest (...sorta because it's one sided) and vaporize her remains just to spite the guy.

....Then again, Sun Wukong was never depicted as a nice dude at the start so I sorta expected that.
    end of spoilers

I already lost interest in the game due to the stupid micro transaction nonsense, but this....this is just beyond stupid. Can't wait to see Sharp's reaction to this nonsense
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ngwraiths.aspx

Isildur a Ringwraith......There are literally no words for this.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Big doesn't tend to frequent Downtown, I'm afraid, Nicholas.
    Oh really? Damn.

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I already lost interest in the game due to the stupid micro transaction nonsense, but this....this is just beyond stupid. Can't wait to see Sharp's reaction to this nonsense

What the actual fuck.

He was killed by Orcs.. Just. I mean. Why.
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

Myself

I'm more bothered by the fact that there's a Nazgul called Helm Hammerhand, to be honest.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I took a preliminary stab at a thing Big_Adventure asked about.

Some kind of Malazan bollocks, I don't know...

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Love it Nik! Thanks! I will now proceed to bow down and pray in your direction, as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He's been suburbanized.
    If Paris 17eme is suburban, I suppose. :-)

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

wat

I mean...now they're just throwing names at the game.

Sauron placed a different Ring of Power on Isildur's finger, enslaving him to become a Nazgūl.
    Sauron was a disembodied spirit without any power at the time, gawd.

And Helm? Helm Hammerhand?

So, setting aside the fact that Sauron was also a disembodied spirit without any power for that, as well, BOTH of these dudes lived IN THE THIRD AGE.

The Nazgūl were around in the Second.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

"...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Hee hee hee....nice.

Malazan books (Erikson's) aren't exactly Anime, but they have some stuff in them that approaches it. Not only can the power level range from 'This guy is ordinary' to 'and the guy with whom he's travelling is a God', but there are speed algorithms.

In this case, we have Anomander Rake (a multi-hundred-thousand year old Ascendant and possibly one of the most potent beings on the planet, and for all of that a highly likeable and interesting character with a lot of depth) versus Dassem Ultor (a character for whom Erikson is clearly meh, but lauded in the shared world as being the best fighter around).

They fight.

Speed?

There's a bunch of people called the Segulah. Normal humans, but stupidly skilled. One of their students is good enough to murderstomp a highly trained soldier (this isn't 'specific student', it's 'average student'). Their good fighters murderstomp the students, speedwise. Their top fighters blitz their good fighters. Karsa Orlong, a non-human, massively powerful warrior, casually defeats one of their eight best fighters (as I recall), matching her speed and then simply overpowering her.

Karsa, a snot-bag who doesn't admit to anyone being equal to him, watches the fight between Rake and Ultor with his mouth hanging open, commenting that he can't really follow what's happening.

It does make estimating speed to be difficult, but like Nik enjoys doing, one can sometimes work through the layers.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

"...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    If Paris 17eme is suburban, I suppose. :-)
    Downtown? Are you lost?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Downtown? Are you lost?
    That 4th hit of acid I dropped this morning was kicking in. :-)

Nice to see you too! :-)

Okami HD has been announced and is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC.

http://www.dualshockers.com/okami-hd...4-xbox-one-pc/

My Forum check it out

Rpg & Story Gigaverse

Astonishing Member

Baby Steps: Oooh! Tournament time again!

Will Ei-chan be able to actually win this one? It's a rather lofty goal since it's full of people he's been unable to beat even once. It'll be fricking tense!

Also, dude has a straight up harem he doesn't know about. Mainly because he's actually seriously dating one of them.