Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: Which Character is Least Likely to Survive the "Arrow" Season 2 Finale?

Which Character is Least Likely to Survive the "Arrow" Season 2 Finale?

With "Arrow" set to conclude its second season this week, CBR wonders which of cast member you least expect to make it out alive?

Vote on the poll here.

Sara, since Laurel's pretty much on her way to replacing her. Next most likely option is Quentin, who I would like to survive. Diggle, Roy, and Felicity are safe. Nobody's touching them.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Nick Fury, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Sara, since Laurel's pretty much on her way to replacing her. Next most likely option is Quentin, who I would like to survive. Diggle, Roy, and Felicity are safe. Nobody's touching them.
    I think it's neck and neck between the Lance sisters. Blood did say Slade was planning on killing the one Ollie loved the most. Personally, I want Sara to survive and not just because she's The Canary. It's just that I really don't see the appeal or function of Laurel on the show. She honestly just seems like dead weight to me.

Sara might 'die' in the flashbacks this week, but not in the present day. We know Ollie thought she died on the island, so there's some dramatic faux death scene coming down the road for her there, but they're not going to 'kill' her in the past and the present in the same episode because its a waste, narratively speaking. Few things can top a death scene, so you make them count when you use them. Why cram the same character dying twice into one episode when you can milk it and get two episodes of them drying dramatically instead?

They included Moira (oops) and left our Laurel. I'd have voted for Laurel, I like her sister much more and hope she stays as the Black Canary.

They put Ollie on the list but not Laurel? Really?

Sounds like someone who's never seen the show just grabbed a character list from Wikipedia and threw it up as a poll.

Doubt any more main characters will be killed this season. Ollie cant keep failing to save people and hqve credibility as a hero.

My bet is on Sara dying so that Laurel can replace her.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Who is Lyla Michaels?

My money's on Isabel, since she's not as indispensable a villain as Slade.

Even if it means the death of my wild dream of a Birds of Prey spin-off with Sara / Canary, Helena / Huntress and Isabel / Ravager.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-12-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Summer Glau.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I think it's neck and neck between the Lance sisters. Blood did say Slade was planning on killing the one Ollie loved the most. Personally, I want Sara to survive and not just because she's The Canary. It's just that I really don't see the appeal or function of Laurel on the show. She honestly just seems like dead weight to me.
    Considering that Shado died because Ollie chose Sara, I'd say she was the one targeted by Slade. But it could be Slade who dies. Of course, that will never take. Come to think of it, the death of Sara probably wouldn't take either -- her lover is the daughter of R'as Al Ghul -- they've got Lazarus Pits, I'm told.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Sara might 'die' in the flashbacks this week, but not in the present day. We know Ollie thought she died on the island, so there's some dramatic faux death scene coming down the road for her there, but they're not going to 'kill' her in the past and the present in the same episode because its a waste, narratively speaking. Few things can top a death scene, so you make them count when you use them. Why cram the same character dying twice into one episode when you can milk it and get two episodes of them drying dramatically instead?
    It could function to show how differently Ollie responds to Sara's death now as opposed to then.

Sara dying does seem quite predictable. And that is what Arrow does best.

That and guilt/brooding (which, of course, Sara's death would provide yet further fuel for).

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Sara dying does seem quite predictable. And that is what Arrow does best.

That and guilt/brooding (which, of course, Sara's death would provide yet further fuel for).
    Agreed. I'll watch the finale because I've invested so much time in the rest of the season, but i can't say I would be disappointed if I missed it. It hadn't been successful at creating an emotionsl connection with me or building any sense of anticipation. Killing Sara would be a sure way to make sure I don't waste my time with the series next season.