Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,150

    Default Living Legends Giffen & Jurgens on the End of "Futures End" #1

    Keith Giffen & Dan Jurgens connect the FCBD primer and the first issue of DC's weekly "The New 52: Futures End" -- and that astonishing death.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Senior Member blackbolt396's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Batcave
    Posts
    127

    Default

    I'll start this, you haters don't want to admit two issues in this comic is very entertaining and its going to get better.

  3. #3
    Always Rakzo
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peru
    Posts
    889

    Default

    I wish Giffen had a Twitter account, it would be entertaining as hell.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    I'll start this, you haters don't want to admit two issues in this comic is very entertaining and its going to get better.
    Honestly...I enjoyed the first two issues. However...looking at advanced solicits it's not looking good for the Earth 2 characters in the near future. I just hope that the Earth 2 characters screw over the Earth 1 characters as well. Being that other than Swamp Thing...All I'm reading in the way of ongoing books are Earth 2 and Worlds Finest. I've gradually dropped everything else that DC puts out in the way of ongoings since the reboot.

    Also..when are they going to stop calling them the new 52? There are not 52 On-Goings....we aren't seeing 52 Earths...and of the 52 Original released books...most of them were Batman/Green Lantern...so there weren't even 52 characters. The number 52 has very little meaning anymore.

  5. #5
    Senior Member vaf2675's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Juan, PR
    Posts
    404

    Default

    What kills me about all these weeklies and events DC is pulling is this nagging feeling that when they all get cancelled next year they will be followed swiftly by a CRISIS or some sort of similar mega event.

    And let's be honest, if DC does pull that card and reboot their universe with only a few years under it's belt, what does that say about the New 52?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Claude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    I'll start this, you haters don't want to admit two issues in this comic is very entertaining and its going to get better.
    The ideas and concepts behind Future's End are tedious, unoriginal and personally unappealing to me.

    However, two issues in, it's also been an incredibly well-written comic that's kept my attention well beyond my expectations. So.... can I be both onboard and a hater?

  7. #7
    Senior Member blackbolt396's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Batcave
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    The ideas and concepts behind Future's End are tedious, unoriginal and personally unappealing to me.

    However, two issues in, it's also been an incredibly well-written comic that's kept my attention well beyond my expectations. So.... can I be both onboard and a hater?
    Yes you can,but come on admit this has your attention more than you thought it would.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    What kills me about all these weeklies and events DC is pulling is this nagging feeling that when they all get cancelled next year they will be followed swiftly by a CRISIS or some sort of similar mega event.
    You are stating the obvious.

    And let's be honest, if DC does pull that card and reboot their universe with only a few years under it's belt, what does that say about the New 52?
    But they are not. A crisis does not necessarily mean a reboot. Infinite and Final Crisis both happened for example.

  9. #9
    Senior Member blackbolt396's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Batcave
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Just love the story.

  10. #10
    Formerly Ziza9 GDC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    Honestly...I enjoyed the first two issues. However...looking at advanced solicits it's not looking good for the Earth 2 characters in the near future. I just hope that the Earth 2 characters screw over the Earth 1 characters as well. Being that other than Swamp Thing...All I'm reading in the way of ongoing books are Earth 2 and Worlds Finest. I've gradually dropped everything else that DC puts out in the way of ongoings since the reboot.

    Also..when are they going to stop calling them the new 52? There are not 52 On-Goings....we aren't seeing 52 Earths...and of the 52 Original released books...most of them were Batman/Green Lantern...so there weren't even 52 characters. The number 52 has very little meaning anymore.
    It has very little to do with the number of books. It is all about branding. The New 52 is the brand of the entire DCU line. It is catchy, media outlets have latched onto it, and it is a very marketable tagline. It is smart from a marketing standpoint to keep it. We may be nearly three years into the new line, but the "New" in the tag gives the impression of freshness, which attracts certain demos to the product. Plus, compared to the 75+ years prior it is still new. These guys run a business with full PR and Marketing departments. If they thought that the number 52 had little remaining meaning, they would drop it. I'm sure there is an internal projection for how long the legs are on this particular bit of branding.
    Last edited by GDC3; 05-12-2014 at 11:11 AM.
    Bronze Age baby.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Claude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    Yes you can,but come on admit this has your attention more than you thought it would.
    I....

    That is literally what I just did!

  12. #12
    Senior Member blackbolt396's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Batcave
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I....

    That is literally what I just did!
    We eye to eye.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •