Super Moderator

Default Johnston & Mitten Lay "Wasteland" to Rest

Antony Johnston welcomes back co-creator Christopher Mitten for the final arc of "Wasteland," and the duo discuss concluding their longrunning Oni series.

Full article here.

Probably too much to ask but I think I would really, really like an Omnibus collection of this series.

Quote Originally Posted by midas73 View Post
    Probably too much to ask but I think I would really, really like an Omnibus collection of this series.
    I just picked up the first 3 volumes of the apocaylptic hardcover versions, they're really beautiful,

All-round British person antony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midas73 View Post
    Three double-length issues (one of them in colour), 57 regular-length issues, 50 Walking the Dust entries, 25 WTD illustrations, 60 colour pages for a cover gallery... You're looking at 1600-page book, that would be a nightmare to print and bind, and would have to cost something like $150 retail. Much as it's a lovely dream, I fear it'll remain a dream
    Antony Johnston
    antonyjohnston.com

Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    Three double-length issues (one of them in colour), 57 regular-length issues, 50 Walking the Dust entries, 25 WTD illustrations, 60 colour pages for a cover gallery... You're looking at 1600-page book, that would be a nightmare to print and bind, and would have to cost something like $150 retail. Much as it's a lovely dream, I fear it'll remain a dream
    Split it into 2 volumes then

Kickstart that mutha!

I'm down for that!

Ha! I guess with Kickstarter at least we'd know right away if there was enough actual demand for it
    Antony Johnston
    antonyjohnston.com

Hey Antony, when is wasteland apocalyptic hardcover volume 4 coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Hey Antony, when is wasteland apocalyptic hardcover volume 4 coming out?
    Not sure, but I anticipate it being either late this year or early next. Bearing in mind there'll be 5 hardcover volumes in all, and the series will end early next year, so I don't imagine either of them being very far out.
    Antony Johnston
    antonyjohnston.com

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

I'm really enjoying Umbral and The Fuse, but I felt I was too far behind to start this while it was running. Methinks it's time to catch up.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

I too discovered Wasteland pretty late. I really enjoy it, but being only 12 issues in with another 4 years worth to go is definitely a bit daunting. I'll keep at it though, it's exactly the type of comic I love. Plus, I like supporting Oni press.

Quote Originally Posted by brooky1969 View Post
    I too discovered Wasteland pretty late. I really enjoy it, but being only 12 issues in with another 4 years worth to go is definitely a bit daunting. I'll keep at it though, it's exactly the type of comic I love. Plus, I like supporting Oni press.
    I only discovered Wasteland this past month. I just love post apocalyptic themed comics and movies so when I found Wasteland it's exactly the type of comic I love too. Went out and bought the first 3 volume hardcovers and they're just beautiful. One of the great things about getting into a series late is you can get the volumes and binge. I really love the deluxe formats and omnibuses that publishers are putting out these days. Can't get enough of them.

I've definitely contemplated the idea of doing QUEEN & COUNTRY-style shorter compendiums, with around 10 issues in each, once the series is done. Something like that might feel less daunting to new readers, which is certainly an issue.
    Antony Johnston
    antonyjohnston.com