Page 642 of 680 FirstFirst ... 142542592632638639640641642643644645646652 ... LastLast
Results 9,616 to 9,630 of 10195

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    You're absolutely right. BUT if fans walk away then publishers come back and say, "well we offered female-lead books but they didn't sell." It' the same argument that's been made about female-lead superhero movies. (Hey ya dopes, try offering a well-written, smart book/movie and it will sell. Like the current Wonder Woman movie). So as fans, we're in a Catch-22: buy a sub-par book to support the character and diversity or speak with our dollars and find few if any offerings at all.
    Send them an email. Let them know that you love Carol as a character, you loved the KSD run, and you wanted to love the Stohl run, but you feel it has some problems. And lay out the problems you have. Marvel will read that letter, and they will consider the feedback, and they'll assume that you're not the only person with those complaints. The more people who write in with the same criticisms, the more likely Marvel is to listen, and to try a different approach. They want to sell comics. To do that, they need to know what the readers want. People dropping comics without explaining why tells Marvel nothing, and gives them no way of knowing what would bring those readers back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Send them an email. Let them know that you love Carol as a character, you loved the KSD run, and you wanted to love the Stohl run, but you feel it has some problems. And lay out the problems you have. Marvel will read that letter, and they will consider the feedback, and they'll assume that you're not the only person with those complaints. The more people who write in with the same criticisms, the more likely Marvel is to listen, and to try a different approach. They want to sell comics. To do that, they need to know what the readers want. People dropping comics without explaining why tells Marvel nothing, and gives them no way of knowing what would bring those readers back.
    But I complain on the internet. That's not enough?

Good point, thanks Tiamatty!
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Katina "Katchoo" Choovanski, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Carol Danvers, Diana of Themyscira
    Current (Shrinking) Pull List: Motor Girl, Hawkeye, Injustice 2 (for Dinah), Batman (for Selina), Defenders, Uncanny Avengers (for Janet), Green Arrow (reluctantly for Dinah)
    Most Anticipated: return of Velvet, Lazarus and Black Widow

19765099_391544371247756_2761008834196537344_n.jpg
    A little masculine but thought it was cool

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    But I complain on the internet. That's not enough?

Good point, thanks Tiamatty!
    The Internet is for venting; if you want to get something done you need either a lot people or do something more.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Well, that's how she looks in her book.

And since when Thanos is of the size of a building ?.

Sweeet! So she's going to keep the sash for the movie??? YEAH! Only minus is.... short hair... BOOOOO!!!

Still, it looks like she's going to be in the movie so that's another YEAH! I hope that's not just fan art.
    Back from the Phantom Zone... but for how long?

Clearly, Carol Danvers has taken the expression "man up" a little too seriously.

FAVES: A-ko (Project A-ko), Rogue, Cassandra Cain, Supergirl (New 52), Power Girl (Kara Zor-El), She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Cruz, Silk, Cassandra Lang

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Sweeet! So she's going to keep the sash for the movie??? YEAH! Only minus is.... short hair... BOOOOO!!!

Still, it looks like she's going to be in the movie so that's another YEAH! I hope that's not just fan art.
    Yeah, shame that she doesnt have a longer hair; but on the good side, she is going to turn into a super saiyan.

I'm pretty sure that's just fanart. I don't think they're gonna ask Brie to cut her hair. She'll probably have it tied up though.

Figures. I seem to recall hearing she was going to have a utility belt, not a sash, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was just fan art.
    Back from the Phantom Zone... but for how long?

Clearly, Carol Danvers has taken the expression "man up" a little too seriously.

FAVES: A-ko (Project A-ko), Rogue, Cassandra Cain, Supergirl (New 52), Power Girl (Kara Zor-El), She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Cruz, Silk, Cassandra Lang

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Figures. I seem to recall hearing she was going to have a utility belt, not a sash, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was just fan art.
    I hope it's like her current costume that has a belt but kinda has the sash too.

Incredible Member JeanGreyForever's Avatar

Maybe when she is energized her hair turns into cosmic energy/flames which is why it looks shorter. Anyway, it's just concept art (if it isn't fanart) so that design isn't set in stone. I hope she has long hair. My favorite Captain Marvel look for Carol was in Ms. Marvel, when Kamala was imagining her with her long, luscious locks again. If not long, open hair, then at least her hair in a ponytail or shoulder-length like it looks in Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Agree to some extent, but it's not as bad as we've seen in the comics. That's an issue I hope gets addressed with Marvel Legacy. Ever since Kelly Sue Deconnick left, Carol has been somewhat masculinized. She has shorter hair, more muscle, and less female features. It's kind of jarring because that's not really consistent with her history. She's a woman. I don't see why she needs to be masculine to be so tough.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Agree to some extent, but it's not as bad as we've seen in the comics. That's an issue I hope gets addressed with Marvel Legacy. Ever since Kelly Sue Deconnick left, Carol has been somewhat masculinized. She has shorter hair, more muscle, and less female features. It's kind of jarring because that's not really consistent with her history. She's a woman. I don't see why she needs to be masculine to be so tough.
    Well, at least the muscles makes sense given her powerset.

Um... I don't see how any of that makes her look bad.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I disagree completely Carol still looks very feminine and looks like well a woman just because she has more noticeable muscles and abs and just because she has shorter hair doesn't means she's being made to look masculine and stripped of any femininity or doesn't look like a woman anymore that's honesty ridiculous to even say that's what's happening.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 07-17-2017 at 03:53 AM.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, at least the muscles makes sense given her powerset.
    As does the short hair there's nothing wrong with Carol having short hair honestly I think it works and I've seen artists make it work effectively before, I think much too many people tend to focus too much on the way certain artists have drawn Carol that they end up immediately dismissing it as marvel stripping Carol of any femininity and claim how they're turning Carol into a man or making her more masculine and how they don't think Carol looks like a woman anymore it's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 07-17-2017 at 04:04 AM.