Page 625 of 637 FirstFirst ... 125525575615621622623624625626627628629635 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 9553

Nice to hear we've got a director on board. Not familiar with their work but Marvel hasn't given me a reason to doubt them after the better part of a decade, so I am perfectly fine with this.

Or two directors, as it were. I thought the screen director's guild (or whatever its called) didn't allow that sort of thing? Isn't that why Robert Rodriguez left, so his son could have credit for Shark Boy?
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Discipline = Freedom.

Invincible: The greatest superhero comic in the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Nice to hear we've got a director on board. Not familiar with their work but Marvel hasn't given me a reason to doubt them after the better part of a decade, so I am perfectly fine with this.

Or two directors, as it were. I thought the screen director's guild (or whatever its called) didn't allow that sort of thing? Isn't that why Robert Rodriguez left, so his son could have credit for Shark Boy?
    Not sure about the rules but the Coen Brothers, the Russo Brothers, and the Wachowskis have all shared credit also Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck have shared credit before in films.

And here's the official statement from Marvel!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast - Episode 20 is now live! In it we talk with ROYALS writer AL EWING(Minor Spoilers BEWARE)!
    Pull List: Royals,
    The Ultimates 2, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, Mosaic, Silk, Spider-Gwen, The Mighty Captain Marvel, Jessica Jones, Hawkeye, Hulk. Upcoming: Secret Warriors, Black Bolt

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

WHAT ANMAZING @ DAYS HUH!!

Wow excited about all the concpet rts revelaed and now the diretor duo!

YES! Still high!!
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Ultimate Member

My feelings are similar to those of the Black Panther film...I trust the directors, but I'm cautious about the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

IIRC the rules are that if you start directing solo, you can only direct solo. you direct as a team, fine. you direct as a team and one goes solo, fine.
    I surrender to the Contest

Has anyone seen any of their movies... Are they good??

Amazing Member

Mighty Captain Marvel # 4 preivew

http://www.cbr.com/the-mighty-captain-marvel-4/

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Has anyone seen any of their movies... Are they good??
    Nothing to write home about I found them a tad lacklustre but I do love their tv work e.g. Billions and The Affair

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post

That art...is not good.

On a different note I'm really loving Carol in Secret Empire. The Captain is BA on every page she appear s. I really eish Spencer was writing her main title

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    On a different note I'm really loving Carol in Secret Empire. The Captain is BA on every page she appear s. I really eish Spencer was writing her main title
    So she could be revealed as having been serving the Supreme Intelligence all along or something? Nah, pass, thanks.

Kathryn Immonen would've rocked this book, though. Stohl's doing OK, but she's not really burning it up. Kelly Thompson would've been a great choice, as well. Having just finished Scooter Girl, like, an hour ago, I also kinda want to suggest Chynna Clugston Flores. Though, admittedly, she probably wouldn't be the right fit for Captain Marvel. Gasp! A Captain Marvel '60s mod-style one-shot by Chynna! I have no idea how it would work and I don't care, I just think it would be delightful.

And do you know who I really wish could do art for this series? Sophie Campbell. She is amazing. She's got her own stuff going on, of course. But man, I'm just imagining her on this book, and it would be amazing. A scene calls for something bright and cheery and happy? The woman worked on Jem & the frigging Holograms, she can do fun. A scene calls for something dark and tense and creepy? Shadoweyes has that in spades. You need a big freaky monster? Campbell is a hardcore Gamera fan and is all about big freaky monsters. Ramon Rosanas is . . . he's fine, I guess, but his style works best for a comedic tone, while Campbell can do any tone called for. And I can't really see her style turning people off the way Rosanas' does, and in fact, I suspect it would bring people in, because it's gorgeous.

Kevin Feige on why they chose Anna Borden and Ryan Fleck as Captain Marvel directors
    "We met with lots and lots of people as we always do, and had multiple meetings, and Anna and Ryan just had an amazing way of talking about Carol Danvers and talking about her journey," Feige said. "We want filmmakers that can help us focus on and elevate the character journey so it doesn't get lost amongst the spectacle. And there's going to be a lot of spectacle in the Captain Marvel film."

Feige continued, "We're pretty good at that at Marvel Studios, and have an amazing team that can help with that. But when we're filling a director chair or chairs, we want people who are focused on the emotional journey, the humor, the surprising twists and turns of a singular character journey, which is what Captain Marvel is. They had the best handle on it. And when you look at the work that Ryan and Anna have done in the past, they are all amazing and very diverse character studies and journeys, and that impressed us."
    They came in many, many times and impressed us in the room with what they had to say about Carol Danvers. […] They live in New York and they would fly out at a moment’s notice to come in and pitch on it, which always means a lot. Anna and Ryan had a strong sense of, not just the plotting and the machinations of the plot, but on Carol’s journey, which is the most important thing about the movie. We can help out with all the accoutrements of action and sci-fi worlds, but we wanted someone who could really be a guiding hand to Carol and to Brie [Larson] and to that journey, which is what the whole movie is about: someone becoming the most powerful being in the universe. You look at their work and like most of the directors we’ve hired, [they’re] not giant, effects-drive action, but rather very unique and very personal character stories and character journeys. And very diverse, in terms of the subject matter they’ve chosen to tell and they nail it every time. I think they see Carol as another rich, three-dimensional character to explore, who just happens to be able to fly and punch through moons and to lead intergalactic teams.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post

3 different artists?! How the hell does it take three artists to draw one comic? Where did Ramon Rosanas go and why do you need three artists to fill in for him?
    Opinions may vary in quality.

Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

Captain Marvel starts filming in February according to Feige
    “Assuming everything stays on schedule, we start filming … Captain Marvel in February.”