Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default MURDER MOST COSMIC: Aaron & Brevoort on "Original Sin" #1

Jason Aaron and Tom Brevoort join CBR to offer insight into the first issue of "Original Sin," hint at what lies ahead for Nick Fury Sr. and share exclusive art!

Full article here.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Hmmm, with Aaron casting his net far and wide for characters to make an appearance, hopefully we'll at least see how Uatu's death impacts them and they're not just cameos. As for the Mindless Ones, how many non-mystics even know of the Dark Dimension in the first place?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator

explorer

It seems pretty apparent that this was not a crime of passion, since the killer -- or killers -- shot Uatu with a gun before stealing his eyes and artifacts for what appears to be a specific reason.

That wasn't "pretty apparent" imo.

Right now things are quite vague.

I didn't see any evidence within the issue that it was the killer/killers who removed the eyes and/or thieving the Watcher's possessions... that is one possibility sure. Also, i didn't see any evidence that said it was the motive behind the slaying. (but again a possibility). And since we don't know as of yet who the killer was or what their true motives are I don't think "passion" can be completely ruled out as having a role in events.

Being only the first issue there is numerous possibilities in play.

I'll just say, yes, this is a separate investigation from the one Nick Fury is leading. And as you'll see, this secret investigation is one that's going in some different directions. We see these three different teams that we establish going to different places.

The team with the Winter Soldier is headed out into space, Doctor Strange and Punisher disappear, and Black Panther's team is headed down into the Earth. So their investigation starts from the same place, the death of the Watcher, but they're going to very different places than where Nick Fury is headed..

Not sure i understand this portion, is this suggesting that Black Panther's team is Ant-Man/Emma Frost? They're the ones going down into the earth.
    In the issue it seemed to me that the teams shown together were under the leadership of Nick Fury. "The Boss".

Moon Knight, for example... asks Winter Soldier what his connection to "the Boss" is... and asks Winter Soldier if all the crazy stories about him are true and that he could've sworn that "the Boss" was dead.
    ...and the fact that these heroes are easily content transitioning into being led by a new Boss without much fuss.
    (which, contrary to that... i don't think they'd be so easily content with transitioning into having a Boss that no one knew anything about, what side he was on, what his motives could be or anything really... ie, the shadowy seeker)

That seems to me to point to that it was Nick Fury leading things with these teams as "the Boss".

It goes further into this with, "Let's talk about some of the pairings the Mysterious Boss puts together. We got some interesting team-ups, like Doctor Strange and the Punisher; Black Panther, Emma Frost and Ant-Man"

This is so confusing to me lol... I could've swore that these 3 teams were Nick Fury's teams and that Black Panther has a secret thing going on. I read this frigging thing 3 times and i still must've missed something.

I know that after Black Panthers talk with the shadowy seeker that Black Panther is informed that a team was being put together but i didn't think it was these teams, it transitions into "elsewhere"... after the conversation. Which was happening elsewhere.
    Moon Knight surely must've been speaking of Nick Fury with the "thought he was dead/all the crazy stories about him".. how would Moon Knight know this of the mysterious shadowy seeker. No one knows anything about this figure contrasts "all the crazy stories about him", etc.
    Last edited by SXVA; 05-13-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Loving those Gabriele Dell'otto variant covers.

That glowing green bullet is for dealing with Uatu's murderer. Therefore, I surmise that the Boss is... Bruce Wayne? The trail leads to only one place, to the unseen, to the Original Sin... to the next DC vs Marvel event?
    Last edited by Dusk; 05-13-2014 at 08:35 AM.

They need to bring in Jessica Fletcher !

You know I wonder if there will be a scene in some titles about other heroes wonder where the secondary group characters, Winter Soldier, Gamora, Moon Knight, Emma Frost, Ant-man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and the Punisher, went off to. I mean a lot of titles some of these people are in are tie in to this event. I want a scene where Tony says "Where the hell are Strange and T'Challa at?"

That Gamora variant is awesome. I wish these Dell'otto variants were cheaper.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Hmmm, with Aaron casting his net far and wide for characters to make an appearance, hopefully we'll at least see how Uatu's death impacts them and they're not just cameos. As for the Mindless Ones, how many non-mystics even know of the Dark Dimension in the first place?
    Everyone that's been a Defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Loving those Gabriele Dell'otto variant covers.
    Most of them are gorgeous.

BANNED

CBR News: Jason, you've written X-Men events before, like "Schism," but "Original Sin" is your first event encompassing the entire Marvel Universe. How does it feel to have the first issue in stores?
    Brevoort: So the fact that they're (the Mindless Ones) here gives you a sense that this is much bigger than a shooting on a street corner. This is going to cover the length and breadth of the Marvel Universe
    Except the 75% of Earth that is underwater.

sigh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    the Mindless Ones were used by Doctor Midas in the Marvel Boy series (why i thought Noh-varr might be the shooter). Midas is due to appear, shortly; his daughter was in issue 1.
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...ol_2_4_001.jpg
    Last edited by Ant-manic; 05-13-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    They need to bring in Jessica Fletcher !
    Pshaw. Miss Marple FTW!

explorer

So... does no one have a comment on my post?

Do we know for sure that these teams are put together by the mysterious shadowy seeker guy and not Nick Fury? (who it was made clear was in charge).

When it was brought up in the questions and suggested that the mysterious seeker put the teams together, Aaron didn't seem to dispute that which appears to give it some validity but reading the issue it didn't seem like it. (to me at least).

Which is it! Someone stop my head from spinning, please. Haha.

The way I read it, Fury has his investigation, and the Mysterious Boss has his own (and his whole team are the three groups we see put together in this issue).

And not to sound too much like a fanatic, I hope Elektra shows up at some point.

explorer

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    The way I read it, Fury has his investigation, and the Mysterious Boss has his own (and his whole team are the three groups we see put together in this issue).

And not to sound too much like a fanatic, I hope Elektra shows up at some point.
    I see, so... it's pretty much accepted that the 3 teams (Ant-Man/Emma Frost/Dr Strange/Punisher/Winter Soldier/Moon Knight/Gamora) are the mysterious seeker guy's teams with Black Panther?

Hrmmm... that's not how i read it. Weird.

How is the Moon Knights comments about their boss explained? Also, how would all of them just be easily content in accepting this mysterious shadowy guy as their boss without the backing of the Avengers and without some type of formidable knowledge about the situation.

Not to mention, how and why are all of them going outside of the Nick Fury investigation and how are they going around him... are they straight up going to lie to Fury/Cap/Thor and a fellow illumanati member Stark.
    (Unless Nick Fury basically gives the go ahead on the separate investigation, that is)

I think i have discovered where the divergent point is rooted, however...

When reading the issue, it was my assumption that the "shadowy seeker" was an unknown variable, that no one knows who this shadowy figure is... he contacted Black Panther from the shadows as a person with great capability.

Looking at it from another perspective, in that... if he's only a shadowy mystery to the readers and not the characters, that could explain how Moon Knight would have existing knowledge and why they would be content in accepting him as heading up a secretive investigation.

Is this pretty much how others are seeing it who read it as his teams? It does make more sense from that perspective with that in mind, than how i read it where he was more of the unknown variable and mystery to all.
    Last edited by SXVA; 05-13-2014 at 08:07 PM.