Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Zack Snyder Reveals Affleck's Batman Look, New Batmobile

Director Zack Snyder dropped two big reveals on Twitter -- the first look at Ben Affleck as the "Man of Steel" sequel's Batman, and the new Batmobile.

Full article here.

I like it. Kind of retro, yet contemporary.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

It's looking like Dark Knight Returns (note the stubby bat-ears) is a primary aesthetic influence, which is great.

I'm into it. The Batmobile looks like a hybrid of the Nolan version and the Burton version.

I want a better look at that new batsuit, but I'm loving it so far. I hope its color scheme includes more grey hues.
    Life is but a dream

Not a bad look at all. Pretty good actually

Would love to see a color photo but don't have too many high hopes for this. DKR is a terrible source to draw from for the second appearance of Superman and first appearance of Batman.

I'm kinda meh, I like how it looks perfectly like the Dark Knight Returns outfit (the costume designers did an amazing job) but for me it's the Dark Knight Returns outfit (not my personal favorite) so I was hoping for more of a Keaton Batman look but you can't win them all.

The Batmobile looks promising though!

Looks good can't wait.

On a first glance, this suit looks like it may suffer some of the same flaws as the 1989 Batman suit.

I'm not a fan of the sculpted look, and the textured aesthetic really doesn't work here. I'm also very curious about how the cape and cowl will work because it kind of looks like one piece there and leaves me concerned that Affleck could suffer the limited range of the 1989 and Begins suit.

I kind of wish Snyder had taken inspiration from the Nite owl suit in Watchmen or TDK or the Arkham games, where it looks more like armor.

But that's all from a first look. I could be way off base on all of this. So hopefully a second look will work better.

Also the cowl itself is fantastic. I like the short ears and it works well for Affleck, who by the way looks huge.

BANNED

Now THAT is a Batman suit.

Oh for god's sake.

There is almost no color in that shot. It looks miserable.

The costume looks fine but this just looks to confirm my worst fears about the tone of this movie.

Sad Batman for a Sad Superman.
    Last edited by Sad Superman; 05-13-2014 at 10:02 AM.

The brightened picture makes the suit look a lot better, in my humble opinion.

I mean the official picture is probably closer to how they're going to sell it in the film, given Batman's modus operandi, but I like to be able to see my superheroes on the page/screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Superman View Post
    Oh for god's sake.

There is almost no color in that shot. It looks miserable.

The costume looks fine but this just looks to confirm my worst fears about the tone of this movie.

Sad Batman for a Sad Superman.
    Of course there is no color, its in black and white...
    Life is but a dream

I think it looks great. Conveys a sense of weariness, but then the impressive muscle gain by Affleck makes him look capable. Loving the very comic-inspired theme also. Nice change from the usual Batman movie costumes