Page 282 of 285 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285 LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 4273

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    As said, actual Islamic terrorists were fought in Champions #3. As a book that is primarily aimed at smaller, more down-to-earth hero stuff rather than big threats compared to the normal comic book fare, it feels more right there. YMMV of course considering that Champions more often than not is accused of being too on-the-nose, lacking subtlety in its messages, or being too preachy.

Otherwise, Kamala's dealings with this sort topic are more of allegories and implications. Even the issue where she went to Pakistan had her fighting gangsters instead of terrorists.
    Actually prefer the heroes who battle against "down to earth"problems rather then cosmic threats, tho 1 of my favorite scenes is where Captain America stands toe to toe with Thanos in Infinity War.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I wonder, how are they going to portray Kamala's reunion with her overprotective parents... I mean, she is under a curfew, but she left to join the Resistance and fight the Not-Nazis-Only-They-Are-But-Not-Really Hydra regime...
    They'll just think she was captured. Her mother knows she's a superhero, remember. She confessed in Last Days.

Quote Originally Posted by NohWonn View Post
    Actually prefer the heroes who battle against "down to earth"problems rather then cosmic threats, tho 1 of my favorite scenes is where Captain America stands toe to toe with Thanos in Infinity War.
    Then this series is definitely up your alley, and if you wanna share that sentiment with your granddaughter, she'll definitely like this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Ms. Marvel will be featured in Marvel's new all-ages multimedia project.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...rogram-1036197
    This is pretty nifty. This definitely seems like for a younger crowd, so this is cool if it'll be educational in the right way. Plus of course, neat to have Kamala in this and have her introduced to newcomers at a young age.
    My Pull List: Ms. Marvel, Champions, & Secret Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I wonder, how are they going to portray Kamala's reunion with her overprotective parents... I mean, she is under a curfew, but she left to join the Resistance and fight the Not-Nazis-Only-They-Are-But-Not-Really Hydra regime...
    By not bothering to show it. Ms. Marvel's pretty much skipped Secret Empire. It's doing an arc that's thematically similar, but not actually connected.

Ultimate Member

The solo skipped it, but don't forget, her separation from her family happened in Secret Warriors. You are right though, we won't see the reunion. SW #6 focuses on Quake.

Previews are out: MS. MARVEL #22, SECRET WARRIORS #6

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Ms. Marvel will be featured in Marvel's new all-ages multimedia project.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...rogram-1036197
    That Spider-Gwen tho! I'm gonna male gaze the hell outta dat.

Mighty Member

Poor Nova. We got the others of the teen trio. Kamala and Miles.

It says something that of the 12 heroes on the poster that 1/4 are Spider related characters.

Mighty Member

This might be an odd question but...how often has Lockjaw shown up in Kamala's book? I know he was lent to her sort of early on but...he hasn't really been seen since there, has he?

He was in what 2 or 3 issues?

Ultimate Member

Sounds about right. She ought to be his custodian, especially now the royals are in outer space. But he has indeed only appeared in a few issues. I think the last time he was seen with Kamala was in IVX. I can imagine Lockjaw being one of the methods used to get the Champions together, not that that's ever been seen. The alternative is Nova flying half-way around the globe to pick up Cyclops from Madripoor where X-Men Blue is based!

Lockjaw was only sent to Kamala because Medusa wanted someone to keep an eye on her. Once his job was done, he went right back to Medusa. Being a teleporting dog, of course, he still likes to visit Kamala every now and then, but it seems like he's now just too busy with the Royals to slip away unnoticed.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Also, December solicit...

MS. MARVEL #25
    Teenage Wasteland Part 1
    Jersey City still has a need for a super hero, but why has KAMALA KHAN, a.k.a MS. MARVEL, vanished? In the wake of her disappearance, the city's newest hero RED DAGGER and even ordinary citizens attempt to carry on her Legacy of heroism. MS. MARVEL is nowhere...but also everywhere at once! And when an old enemy re-emerges, will anyone be powerful enough to truly carry the MS. MARVEL legacy but Kamala? PLUS: Includes 3 bonus MARVEL PRIMER PAGES!
    Rated T+

Please let that old enemy be Inventor...

Ultimate Member

Vanished? Uh oh... I wonder if that's because the bad guy captured her.

As long as she hasn't kissed Red Dagger by the end of issue 24 I'll be happy.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。

Sharp-eyed readers likely caught Dust's cameo on the last page of today's issue. Wonder if this means she's done with the X-Men (if so, good riddance to them) and will pop up again in Jersey later on?

I would love to see Kamala make friends with Mercury, though. Shapeshifter besties!
    Last edited by Myetche; 09-13-2017 at 09:05 PM.