Page 824 of 824 FirstFirst ... 324724774814820821822823824
Results 12,346 to 12,352 of 12352
    Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Cowardly, but that's dcs motto as of late. I just find it comical that they can't help but keep implying something but not doing it though, they can't help it so they can generate more interest.

Still hunter is an interesting character even if he's part of a story that's a sci fy trope. It's just a shame they throw Diana under a bus to make superman look like a saint, but then again this is the company that did whom gods destroy.
    That's not really fair though to their reputation. They not only always implied it a lot but they actually did it a lot. In alternate tales sure, but they were never shy to do it there. Then after that, they did it in canon for real. So its really hard to make the argument that they're ever been cowardly about going there in some form or another. That they're not right now? The marriage returning and the kid is probably just still considered too fresh to go down the road again right away. And honestly I get that. We're going to get out-of-continuity projects for it again. Its only a matter of time.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; Yesterday at 03:44 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Exactly why him having a fit makes no sense. If he resents her and she did nothing for him, why in the world would he be wearing HER gear
    Like I said, likely because Clark gave all that stuff to him to honor her.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

"Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."

-Coffee That

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's not really fair though to their reputation. They not only always implied it a lot but they actually did it a lot. In alternate tales sure, but they were never shy to do it there. Then after that, they did it in canon for real. So its really hard to make the argument that they're ever been cowardly about going there in some form or another. That they're not right now? The marriage returning and the kid is probably just still considered too fresh to go down the road again right away. And honestly I get that. We're going to get out-of-continuity projects for it again. Its only a matter of time.
    Then why go there at all? I get that rebirth is fresh but if they were never going to do it because of rebirth then why bother at all? At least until a few years later.
    They knew this would drum up interest but didn't pull the trigger, that's why I think it's cowardly. If you imply then why not go the whole nine yards and not duck out.

One can hope on your final statement, I just find it in poor taste to insinuate yet not go through with it so close after the end of new 52.
    Last edited by ssupes; Yesterday at 04:00 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The honoring is undeserving and still makes no sense. When honoring someone especially a parent, he shouldn't have resentment. This doesn't seem like an "Els/Kents" situation. He should have pride. He should be understanding the meaning of what he is wearing. He does not.

Again there is no way to make this seem good for Wonder Woman because she didn't raise her child. The gear means nothing. That significance has been unfairly taken away from her.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    The honoring is undeserving and still makes no sense. When honoring someone especially a parent, he shouldn't have resentment. This doesn't seem like an "Els/Kents" situation. He should have pride. He should be understanding the meaning of what he is wearing. He does not.

Again there is no way to make this seem good for Wonder Woman because she didn't raise her child. The gear means nothing. That significance has been unfairly taken away from her.
    You said that there was no indication that future Clark stood up for Diana. I gave you the example of Hunter's gear. What Hunter himself feels about it his gear is largely irrelevant to the specific statement I was responding to.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

"Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."

-Coffee That

Astonishing Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I think he started to wear SM's cape and WW's gears on his own after he returned from Olympus and found out the League were dead. His way to honor his dead mother and adoptive father and 'cause the design looked cool (courtesy of Fernando Pasarin).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    They knew this would drum up interest but didn't pull the trigger, that's why I think it's cowardly. If you imply then why not go the whole nine yards and not duck out.
    Hitch was tweeting before this issue came out that people were jumping to the wrong conclusions about Hunter. When the very writer of the book is saying ''don't get your hopes up'', it's best to listen. Hitch is a Lois/Clark fan as much as a Clark/Diana fan. He likes both relationships, he was probably wrestling with the creative decisions a lot trying to appease both sides while still trying to give Clark and Diana some connection.