Page 805 of 805 FirstFirst ... 305705755795801802803804805
Results 12,061 to 12,073 of 12073
    Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

The newest book announced for the Dark Knight Universe is Superman: Year One
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    A massive one shot it appears also. Strange that they won't spread it out as a series like DK III [or other Year Ones]

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    The only thing I'm a bit certain (kind of praying and hoping to be certain) about this is that it's not some cruel bait-and-switch by Hitch. He was the one writer who took pity on us after the truckloads of dumping the pairing took in the months leading to BvS and then Rebirth and afterwards.
    Well GL played a bit with Kyle Rayner having a future child and that turned out to be a bait and switch with the child being revealed as a jerkass and was then erased from the timeline.

A lot of repetitious storytelling seems to be going on in Rebirth. Ollie and Bruce leaving town [and apparently the Birds of Prey do also] etc.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; Yesterday at 04:59 AM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Here's what I expect, a silver age setup with some sick twisted serial killer with superpowers, all while Clark is getting set up in Metropolis. Count on cameos from other Miller characters, because I am willing to say that you know who from Miller has to show up (initials are B.W.)

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    So, is the superboy...... Damnit.. I hate your DC, Damian is not here...

Death again? or worst.. another future with him as villain...
    To be fair his dad also isn't there.

I don't think Wonder Boy is Jon Kent aside from being needlessly cruel it just seems highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Highly doubt this is Jon. No reason why a future Jon would be wearing Wonder Woman symbols. He's "Wonder Boy" for lack of a known name right now. Only hope people who hate the idea have is that this cover is misleading. Wonder Woman is absent from the cover, so maybe she's the character the kids want to assassinate and Superman is the stand-in, the symbolism instead being him protecting her from her own son. Whether friends or lovers you don't do something to Wonder Woman without Superman on your ass for it. At first glance though it appears to be pretty straight forward with the obvious parent/child parallels of the rest of the cover.

If he IS Superman's though, what would be cool though is to have future Jon, as an adult hero in that timeline, eventually make an appearance to try and help bring his little brother down (considering the kids are in the wrong).
    Changing my mind now, Sacred Knight's post is sounding a lot more likely now I think of it. He's wearing Wonder Woman's colours, bracelets and symbol, it makes a lot more sense for him to be Diana's future son. Plus Jon's future has already been shown at the end of Black Dawn in Superman #25 so his future is already determined.

Guys, if you want to debate the demerits of whether that boy is Clark's or if it is Jon etc it's not on this appreciation thread. Please start another thread. And let me say if by chance this happens to be a what if or AU then there should be no reason for any clois fans to be angry unless you demand the entire multiverse and timelines to be one status quo. Many fans here prefer if that child is a son of Clark and Diana it's not this current Rebirth one since they have nothing thethering them unlike pre flashpoint or new52. They have no history and I don't even buy their "friendship" . If the boy was/is new 52 Diana and Clark all well and good. What I can say in terms of appreciation is if it is a smww child I like the boy is modeled on Diana as their other kids have been on the super side more than the wonder. And of all Rebirth writers Hitch was the only one to treat smww dynamic well.
    Last edited by hellacre; Yesterday at 09:33 AM.

Ladypepperofdavenshire:

So. I made a thing. Long before I had any asks about what happened when Alex was born, I had this little scenario in my head. After I got the initial ask, I thought I might as well turn the scene in my head into a little comic. “Little” turned into this monster that took about 2 weeks to finish in between working on my webcomic, Maelstrom, and other art. This isn’t the finale of Alex’s birth–right after this scene, Diana’s godly side of the family literally pop in to meet the new relative. But that’s another story… ;P

http://hellyeahsupermanandwonderwoma...e-a-thing-long
    It's called... "Champion of the oppressed."

Did they specifically say it takes place in the dark knight universe? I mean, I guess that makes sense, just surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post

see DC, this is how you tell a great birth origin story

no need to time dimesion recycle and erasing

Wow! Jessica has outdone herself. What a charming oc origin story. I like it.
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    see DC, this is how you tell a great birth origin story

no need to time dimesion recycle and erasing
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarek View Post
    Wow! Jessica has outdone herself. What a charming oc origin story. I like it.
    There were no words of praise or smiley good enough for this masterpiece. :'^)