Page 913 of 913 FirstFirst ... 413813863903909910911912913
Results 13,681 to 13,688 of 13688
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What was going on in that WW #175 panel? I know the pic, its pretty classic by now, but I think this was during my comics sabbatical. Had something to do with Imperiex War fallout I'm guessing? But what was the plot of the particular issue and why is the lasso around him?
    Briefly... Circe turned Superman into a mindless monster and Diana helps him to become normal again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What was going on in that WW #175 panel? I know the pic, its pretty classic by now, but I think this was during my comics sabbatical. Had something to do with Imperiex War fallout I'm guessing? But what was the plot of the particular issue and why is the lasso around him?
    I'm not sure now but I think Clark is being controlled by someone or something and Diana is fighting against him to stop him, his fight causes a lot of destruction.

Cool stuff, really nice speech by Diana there.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

"Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "You'll see yourself as I see you. as the man I know you are. as the man I know and Love as my best friend" How can Diana lie with the lasso? I want to say, a few issues back, she was thinking about the motherhood and could only imagine herself with Kal as the father of her children.

Vintage Super-Wonder...

There isn't much to see from the Golden Age outside of Superman going to the JSA's headquarter to say "hi" to the team for which Diana serves as a secretary (smh).

All Star Comics #36...

Back then, the idea of a shared universe was practically non-existent compared to today. Even characters like Superman and Batman who shared a series since the 40s didn't team up before a decade later.

Although for commercial reasons, Superman was associated with Batman and Robin (World's Finest), while Wonder Woman was associated with Green Lantern and The Flash (Comic Cavalcade), the characters of Superman and Wonder Woman were kind of connected since the beginning because Marston had created Diana as a female response/counterpart to Superman, bespectacled secret identity included.

So, a potential SM/WW's partnership would have been "appropriate". *wink, wink*

William M. Marston: "Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman."

William M. Marston: "The wish to be super strong is a healthy wish, a vital compelling, power-producing desire. The more the Superman-Wonder Woman picture stories build up this inner compulsion by stimulating the child's natural longing to battle and overcome obstacles, particularly evil ones, the better chance your child has for self-advancement in the world."

In Marston/Peter's Sensation Comics #33 from 1944, Diana goes undercover and dances with a guy dressed as Superman, pointing out "how appropriate" is the dancing pair of WW and SM...

Such a shame DC don't do 'Greatest Stories Ever Told' compilation books any more (at least I don't think they do)

There is definitely enough material for a SMWW Greatest Stories Ever Told volume. That would be soooooo cool to have available on the market ...

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; Yesterday at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    Such a shame DC don't do 'Greatest Stories Ever Told' compilation books any more (at least I don't think they do)

There is definitely enough material for a SMWW Greatest Stories Ever Told volume. That would be soooooo cool to have available on the market ...
    I'd be all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    "You'll see yourself as I see you. as the man I know you are. as the man I know and Love as my best friend" How can Diana lie with the lasso? I want to say, a few issues back, she was thinking about the motherhood and could only imagine herself with Kal as the father of her children.
    I don't see how she's lying. She loves him as his best friend. It's the truth.

Anyway, regarding any feelings Diana might have for Kal, she was aware that they couldn't be close as she'd liked (as she said in one of the previous issues), and she had put her feelings aside.

Btw, around that time, she was interested in a tall black dude named Trevor Barnes.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; Yesterday at 02:39 PM.

I don't see how she's lying. She loves him as his best friend. It's the truth.

Anyway, regarding any feelings Diana might have for Kal, she was aware that they couldn't be close as she'd liked (as she said in one of the previous issues), and she had put her feelings aside.

Btw, around that time, she was interested in a tall black dude named Trevor Barnes.
    then lasso works with half truths, I mean, even if she had seen the sad reality, a little time had passed so as to stop feeling the same. Kal was her best friend and she loved him as such but still loved him as more than a friend even a best friend.
    Trevor Barnes? unfortunately I do not know much about him, I do not have the numbers between 165-190 more or less. Is he a good character? I like her design. Dammit could have used him in the new WW movie.