Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default X-POSITION: Rucka Takes "Cyclops" on an Intergalactic Adventure

Greg Rucka joins X-Position to discuss Cyclops & Corsair's father/son intergalactic trip, and when readers will find out why Corsair isn't dead.

Full article here.

Great X-Pos. Lots of great answers.

That was a nice read.

More Hepzibah, please. She's the real star of the book.

He answered the Corsair death question the way I wanted him to, imma keep reading.

I sort of want to buy this book, but only for Hepzibah.

Fantastic X-Pos! Lot of good questions covered and I liked how he addressed them. Specifically, the way he addressed the Corsair death one. Most importantly, you can tell how much he likes writing the book as well.

Yeah, this is gonna be a good series.

Looks like Spurrier next week, too. He always gives awesomely entertaining interviews.
    User formerly known as Gary Cody.

That was probably one of the best Q&As I've read on this site in awhile. Not only was it funny and engaging, but Rucka actually answered some damn questions instead of the typical "wait and see!" "cant talk about that right now" "maybe *wink*".

I'm sick of those no answer interviews.

Oh and Cyclops #1 was an awesome debut issue. I was very hesitant to pick this up since it was yet another Marvel #1 where not much will happen but I can honestly say Rucka established this book, the characters AND managed to squeeze in some space action all in the first issue and it was excellent.

Very very good X-pos. It feels so good to look forward to an x-book.
    DIS GUY MUST BE A ALIEN OR SUTIN - gerybaboona

Glad you guys liked this one. Hopefully, we can circle back around with Greg after the first "Cyclops" arc has finished up.

Also, make sure you send in your questions for Si Spurrier this week!

After reading Cyclops #1, I love where Rucka is doing with O5 Cyclops. This is a chance to tell a different kind of Cyclops story. He's a hormonal 16-year-old boy, confused about his emotions and struggling with the knowledge of what he becomes. I still remember being 16. It sucked, even without the burden of time travel. We've already seen the O5 act as irrational teenagers, but what O5 Cyclops is going through here is really engaging. I honestly can't remember the last time a story involving quality bonding time between a father and son was so much fun. Usually it's always the father tormenting the son or the son despising the father. It shouldn't be so novel, but it is. Really like what Rucka is doing here and hope he continues to make it awesome.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Love it! Great insights and even greater connections with Tyke. Can't wait for the next one

Good interview. Lot's of insight.

I'm happy to hear that he wants to continue writing this book after the space trip reaches its conclusion.

I've been very excited for this series. Great interview! Seems like a cool guy (already know I like his writing) and it's nice to actually get a few answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    Good interview. Lot's of insight.

I'm happy to hear that he wants to continue writing this book after the space trip reaches its conclusion.
    I'm hoping Marvel will let him pitch some ideas once Bendis inevitably takes teen!Cyke back.
    User formerly known as Gary Cody.