Super Moderator

Default Gage Sets the "Spider-Verse" Stage with One More "Superior Spider-Man" Story

Dan Slott and Christos Gage return to "Superior Spider-Man" for a special two-issue story that sets the stage for the upcoming "Spider-Verse" event.

Full article here.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Well, what a treat for SpOck fans, we get to read two more issues of dear old Otto. Now all we gotta wonder is if Superior and Amazing will both appear in 'Verse and meet one another in the flesh. Remember, back then,
    Newsarama asked if "Spider-Verse" will include the return of "Superior Spider-Man." "That's a very good question," Slott said. "We can't comment on that," Lowe added, given that "Superior Spider-Man" hasn't yet ended.
    R.I.P., Jim Zimmerman (Captain Jim), Batman Moderator
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Well, what a treat for SpOck fans, we get to read two more issues of dear old Otto. Now all we gotta wonder is if Superior and Amazing will both appear in 'Verse and meet one another in the flesh. Remember, back then,
    My understanding of this article is that Superior will be appearing in the mini-event, and these next two issues will show us how Superior's got in the mix. So technically, the event has already ended, seeing as how we know that Octavius survived the event. That, or he was forced to retire halfway through the battle due to Max recalling back to his present time. And seeing as how he wasn't even surprised when Peter Parker's ghost came back and told him to jump, I would bet that he probably already knew his days were numbered during the event.

I hope this is the last we see of him.
    "Superior" and Miles "Ultimate" Spider-Man's #1 hater

Hah! Spider-Ham's in the group splash page.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    My understanding of this article is that Superior will be appearing in the mini-event, and these next two issues will show us how Superior's got in the mix. So technically, the event has already ended, seeing as how we know that Octavius survived the event. That, or he was forced to retire halfway through the battle due to Max recalling back to his present time. And seeing as how he wasn't even surprised when Peter Parker's ghost came back and told him to jump, I would bet that he probably already knew his days were numbered during the event.
    He clearly doesn't remember what happened to him in Spider-Verse when he comes back, but it is possible he could've recovered the memories, since we know memories are hard to permanently delete.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I hope we get to see him again. There's room for both him and Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I hope we get to see him again. There's room for both him and Peter.
    There really isn't, and I'm as big a fan of the SSM as anyone. SpOck can only really work 'right' in the absence of Parker, IMO.

That's not to say that Otto Octavius can't be his own protagonist, though.

And what is the story about? Can you tell us about the supporting characters and antagonists that we'll see in the issue?

This is Superior Spider-Man's introduction to the "Spider-Verse" event, which features Spider-Men from every possible timeline. So there will be many and varied Spider-Men -- but the vast majority will be Peter Parker, or variations on him; which sets Otto apart. And, in his mind, makes him the superior choice to deal with the overwhelming threat they face!

-

So it sees Spock may be in Spiderverse after all!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Why aren't these issues numbered 19.1 and 19.2?!

I thought whole numbers no longer had a place at Marvel???
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

BANNED

It's just a matter of time before Ock's back and The Superior Doctor Octopus #1 hits the stands. Maybe late 2014, probably 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It's just a matter of time before Ock's back and The Superior Doctor Octopus #1 hits the stands. Maybe late 2014, probably 2015.
    I don't think a title such as Superior Doctor Octopus will sell anywhere near as much as Superior Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    You aren't alone but I don't think it will be.