Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Mighty Avengers #11

ORIGINAL SIN tie-in![br]• Dr Adam Brashear, super-scientist! James Lucas, cop on the edge! Kaluu, master of black magic! Constance Molina, two-fisted reporter! The Bear, explosives expert and were-woman! Blade, vampire slayer![br]• In 1972, they banded together to fight what couldn't be fought alone - as the Mighty Avengers![br]• This issue, Luke Cage confronts his father - to learn the secrets of the Avengers that time forgot!

Full preview here.

Meh

10/char

I'm starting to wear down on this series. I may give it one last go for the Original Sin tie in, but if it doesn't grab me back up I may have to drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I'm starting to wear down on this series. I may give it one last go for the Original Sin tie in, but if it doesn't grab me back up I may have to drop it.
    Pretty much.

I haven't read a single issue of the Mighty Avengers that hasn't impressed me, so it goes without saying, that I'm really looking forward to this next issue.

Al Ewing's writing on this title has been a joy to experience and even though Greg Land seems to attract a lot of knee jerk criticism his artwork is anything but bad as far as I'm concerned.

Al Ewing's attention to everything from proper characterization, to impeccable attention to continuity makes me a firm Mighty Avengers enthusiast.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 05-14-2014 at 03:34 PM.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

I'm really interested in seeing what Daddy Cage is going to lay down on Luke. Also hoping Blade impresses me this issue.

No really interested in this flashback story. I'll pick this back up after Original Sin

Looks totally groovy, and as a fan of cheesy blaxploitation flicks I'm getting a bit excited.

Is that 1st panel the fallout of the Watcher's information leak?

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    No really interested in this flashback story. I'll pick this back up after Original Sin
    May I ask why? I'm mostly interested in it because it seems like it will mostly be about Cage(Sr) and Blade but you may know something I don't.

Always look forward to this comic! Papa Cage looks angry because everyone stayed young except him, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    May I ask why? I'm mostly interested in it because it seems like it will mostly be about Cage(Sr) and Blade but you may know something I don't.
    I want to read about Cage not his father and I'm not the biggest blue marvel or comic blade fan.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I want to read about Cage not his father and I'm not the biggest blue marvel or comic blade fan.
    Understandable.

On day of I'm going to flip through to make sure it's not another Blue Marvel centric story before I buy.( I usually don't bother to do this on titles I like) If Cage and Blade get enough play then I'm in. I'm not fully sold on Blade but he does have my interest right now.

Anyway, if it's not as much Blue Marvel I will PM you to see if you are interested in grabbing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I haven't read a single issue of the Mighty Avengers that hasn't impressed me, so it goes without saying, that I'm really looking forward to this next issue.

Al Ewing's writing on this title has been a joy to experience and even though Greg Land seems to attract a lot of knee jerk criticism his artwork is anything but bad as far as I'm concerned.

Al Ewing's attention to everything from proper characterization, to impeccable attention to continuity makes me a firm Mighty Avengers enthusiast.

And with a old school mustang too boot, Greg Land is on one since the start of this series

I already got the Truck Turner soundtrack playing in my head

Been too long since we've seen old-school Blade. I think the last time we've seen a throw back story with him was back in his series in 2006. Very curious as to how whether they'll write him as a vampire or human.