Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default From Howard To Howlers: Rounding Out "Agent Carter's" Cast

Now that "Agent Carter" is happening, here are six more comic book characters we want to see on the small screen.

Full article here.

I hope that Mr. Cooper comes back as Stark, even for part-time appearances. He can even be like "Charlie" from Charlie's angels. Ah..

Also bring in the surviving Howlers from the Cap film, why not?

Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely have said that Howard Stark would definitely be a recurring character, based on Dominic Cooper's availability. With only 13 episodes per season, it shouldn't be too hard to get him for at least a couple appearances. The fact that Cooper has expressed interest in returning certainly bodes well.
    Currently Reading: Five Ghosts, Ghostbusters, Ghosted, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder.

so shield goes on hiatus in winter and Agent Carter fills in for 13 episodes and shield comes back in the spring?

spitfrie had speed in ww 2 the vampire powers are a fairly recent add on

I really hope that they can get the Howlers or Howling Commandos or whatever they're called in MCU into this show. Within the story it makes perfect sense that Cap's men would have been some of the first recruits into early SHIELD.

I wonder if they might bring in somebody as Nick Fury, Sr. at some point to match the comics and to get Dum Dum/Fury friendship which is well established in comics. And Fury was originally a WWII vet after all. I think it could work just fine if they just find a badass enough actor for the role. But maybe Fury, Sr would be too overshadowing not to mention that father and son both just happening to sport an eye patch over one eye is so damn ludicrous that it wouldn't fly in the MCU as it was already highly improbable and laughable when they did it in the comics .

But I hope that they'll at least get a bunch of WWII era superheroes since this would be the ideal place to use them as they probably wouldn't appear in the future Marvel movies anyways.
    Last edited by Tomppa; 05-14-2014 at 07:19 PM.

I also hope for more of the Howling Commandos and Zola/Hydra as it were.
    Blending into the shadows...

There is so much that they could do with this show that it would be impossible to squeeze it in to 13 episodes. Personally, I would love to see Professor Phineas Horton and his "synthetic man" (original Human Torch) that was teased during the World's Fair in Captain America: The First Avenger. Horton would make a great addition to the Strategic Science Reserve and it's transition to SHIELD.

They could also show the replacement Captain America's: William Naslund (Spirit of '76) and Jeff Mace (Patriot). Maybe have Namor make an appearance or two (unless the rights to that character are owned by someone else), or some of the Agents of Atlas characters like Jimmy Woo, Marvel Boy, Human Robot, etc.

It will be interesting to see what they do with this series, either way.

Another interesting tidbit about Gabe Jones. He and Peggy were a couple in the comics.

The stage has already been set in Captain America The First Avenger for Union Jack, but not the one mentioned in the article, the original, James Montgomery Falsworth played in the movie by JJ Field.

If anyone isn't familiar with James and would like to read more his wiki link is
    http://marvel.wikia.com/James_Montgo...th_(Earth-616)

I agree with all those but also give us Jimmy Woo, Gaffer, and Clay Quartermain. They'd make the cast alot more fun!

Wonder how intense the rage about this one will be when it turns out to center on the title character? Sort of like it's being promoted as.

A tie in has been made to Gabe Jones with Agents of shield. A couple of episodes ago When Colson and his group were in the motel Antoine Triplett came in with a bunch of old spy tech and said it belonged to his grandfather who he said was a howling commando. Who do you think it will it be? Do you think Derek Luke will do it?
    Last edited by Martythurman; 05-15-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Wonder how intense the rage about this one will be when it turns out to center on the title character? Sort of like it's being promoted as.
    At least this time it's a character from comics. You know, the ones these shows are supposedly based on?

Those have superheroes with superpowers. It would be neat to see actual superheroes in one of these shows at some point.

I do agree that more than likely anyone expecting to see many of the WWII era superheroes in this is going to be disappointed. But who knows, maybe if it succeeds they might actually get another show or continue this one and then introduce more superhumans in the later seasons, sort of like how Smallville was just superman in high school with mostly original characters in the first few seasons before they started introducing comic characters more. Thought that still had a comic book character with superpowers as a main charcater. We can always hope to see superheroes in shows based on comics that feature superheroes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Martythurman View Post
    A tie in has been made to Gabe Jones with Agents of shield. A couple of episodes ago When Colson and his group were in the motel Antoine Triplett came in with a bunch of old spy tech and said it belonged to his grandfather who he said was a howling commando. Who do you think it will it be? Do you think Derek Luke will do it?
    If Gabe Jones is indead is grandfather.
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim