Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,378

    Default "The Flash" Outruns an Arrow in First Teaser Trailer

    The first teaser trailer for "The Flash" provides the first look at Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) in motion, and plays up the "Arrow" connection.


    Full article here.

  2. #2

    Default

    This looks great! Just how I expected, and already he's got Barry's character down.

    Anyone know if these two are tying into the DC Cinematic U?

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Diamond Bar, CA
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    That looked... REALLY COOL!
    The running looked pretty neat.

    Quote Originally Posted by RawrJoey View Post
    Anyone know if these two are tying into the DC Cinematic U?
    From what I've read, nope.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    That looked... REALLY COOL!
    The running looked pretty neat.



    From what I've read, nope.
    Thank goodness.
    "Drewbacca?"

    I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

    Oh look my thread and original post were deleted because heaven forbid the farmer notices the pigs are walking.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    142

    Default

    I have a feeling the Impulse fans are not going to be very happy.

  6. #6
    Joie De Vivre Mia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Corner Office
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    I have a feeling the Impulse fans are not going to be very happy.
    Yep. Or Wall fans from Justice League Unlimited cartoon. At any rate it's obvious that's this is just a promo. I am still willing to watch a full episode before deciding whther or not it is for me.
    "I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a king!" -Queen Elizabeth I

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    I have a feeling the Impulse fans are not going to be very happy.
    Why? 567890
    "Drewbacca?"

    I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

    Oh look my thread and original post were deleted because heaven forbid the farmer notices the pigs are walking.

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Diamond Bar, CA
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Why? 567890
    My guess, it's because Barry is being written more like Wally or Bart.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    My guess, it's because Barry is being written more like Wally or Bart.
    I don't have any experience with any of them. Bart from teen titans I guess but I don't remember him well.
    "Drewbacca?"

    I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

    Oh look my thread and original post were deleted because heaven forbid the farmer notices the pigs are walking.

  10. #10

    Default

    This should prove to be a fun series
    75 years, January 2015 will be the 75th anniversary of the Flash
    Comic book special anniversaries 5 years in a row
    Spider-Man 50 years (2012)
    Superman 75 years === Iron Man 50 years (2013)
    Batman 75 years (2014)
    Wonder Woman 75 years (2016)

  11. #11
    Nostalgia Fanwanker Pharozonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,600

    Default

    I disagree with people who say that this version of Barry resembles Wally or Bart more than the comics Barry. Barry was always known for loving his powers and having fun with them and this version follows that mold.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

    "What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

  12. #12
    Senior Member toddx77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Loved it, it was actually how I pictured it too. Loved the way his speed was shown too.

  13. #13
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Diamond Bar, CA
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    I disagree with people who say that this version of Barry resembles Wally or Bart more than the comics Barry. Barry was always known for loving his powers and having fun with them and this version follows that mold.
    Barry was more of a reserved "well gee" type of fun.
    Wally (after he loosened up) was more of that laid back kind of fun.
    Bart was a hyper and ecstatic WOOOOO HOOOOO kind of fun.

    That's been pretty consistent up until the reboot.

  14. #14
    Nostalgia Fanwanker Pharozonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Barry was more of a reserved "well gee" type of fun.
    Wally (after he loosened up) was more of that laid back kind of fun.
    Bart was a hyper and ecstatic WOOOOO HOOOOO kind of fun.

    That's been pretty consistent up until the reboot.
    I agree that Barry's sense of fun was more reserved than Bart or Wally's, but since this is a TV show, the protagonist can't come across as a stick in the mud to an audience of mostly teenagers and young adults.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

    "What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

  15. #15
    Senior Member blackbolt396's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Batcave
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    This should prove to be a fun series
    I must concur.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •