Page 274 of 288 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 4307

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    I, personally, am not buying a Bendis book ever again. Never Ever. Just... no. I'm not giving that hack anymore cash (however a small amount might it be) to shill his OCs. As for Bob, I have to say, S3E17 kinda made him less scary.
    I'll have a look at the floppies and if the book is good - who knows? - will consider buying the tpb...

About Bob I get what you mean even if I absolutely loved what you're referring to. And there's the whole season... (Kyle!!!) Also I wasn't talking only about Bob... I stop here... Don't want to spoil or to derail the thread.
    Last edited by Abe; 09-12-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I've not picked up a copy yet but I did find this preview page for Venomverse: War Stories #1. I wonder if this is one of those one issue tie-ins. I may check this out to see if Doom wins the war of wills with the symbiote

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-13-2017 at 07:55 AM.
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

I might have to check Venomverse out if it has a decent Doom story. Although, judging by that preview page, I'm not liking that art style very much. Something about the way Doom is drawn just seems a little off. His face is too narrow and the suit itself seems to be lacking detailing.

I was going to comment on the art on that myself. The head itself looks too small in proportion to the rest of the figure. And then there's those duck feet that remind me of the AO3 Doom figure along with some kind of strange distortion just below the knee joint.

I really don't buy anything at DC but it does seem to me that Marvel's roster of top artists is not as deep compared to them. Maybe part of that is do to a lot of Marvel artists were shifted over to Star Wars titles.

So here's Adi Granov's Venominzed Doom variant for Infamous Iron Man #11

And Maleev's variant for Infamous Iron Man #12. I think it's supposed to be Venomized also but it's not as radical. I like it better

while the proportions feel off, I love the way the symbiote oozes through the cracks in the armor.

That is kind of creepy. And you can see how tightly Doom is hanging on to the armrests of this throne by the gouges from his fingers.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Victor will be involved in the upcoming marvel two in one it seems. MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #1 LEG
    OCT170834
    (W) Chip Zdarsky (A/CA) Jim Cheung
    The Fate of the Four Part 1
    THE FOUR ARE NO MORE, SO TWO MUST DO! Something is very wrong with THE HUMAN TORCH and only THE THING can help him! It’s the Marvel Universe reunion you’ve all been waiting for (well, HALF of it, at least!). Plus: What monumental secret has DOOM been hiding since the end of SECRET WARS, and how will it completely change the lives of Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm? PLUS: Includes 3 bonus MARVEL PRIMER PAGES!
    Rated T
    In Shops: Dec 13, 2017
    SRP: $3.99

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...marvel-legacy/

Thanks , Ianbarreilles I was just looking at the other thread with the leaked info from 4chan. But this is more complete because it confirms that Jim Cheung is the artist. Yay! I met him at C2E2 and he's a nice guy. I bought a page from the Children's Crusade from his frequent inker Marc Morales and Jim was kind enough to sign it also. They were sitting near each other on Artist Alley.

Wondering if Victor will be showing up in person in this since Ben has still been on his case in Infamous Iron Man.

More News about the new Marvel Two in One coming in December. I assume we will see more of Doom there along with whatever his part is with bringing back Tony Stark in Invincible Iron Man

From the Newsarama interview with 2 in 1 writer Chip Zdarsky:

Nrama: Doctor Doom will also be a part of Marvel Two-In-One – and he has a secret. What’s he hiding?

Zdarsky: Well, unbeknownst to Ben and Johnny, Doom holds the key to finding the missing heroes. Writing Doom is insanely fun, and my favorite Marvel book right now is Infamous Iron Man, so it’s great to be able to play with what Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev have been doing with the character.
    So I'm hoping what he's saying is that we will see Zdarsky will follow up with the Mendis/Maleev Doom, which I'd prefer to see instead him backsliding completely into villainy.

Just read the Venomverse: War Stories #1 Doom and holy hell he looks badass. Here's hoping Lord Doom plays a larger role in the Venomverse story!
    Currently Reading:
    MARVEL - Invincible Iron Man, Renew Your Vows, Guardians of the Galaxy, She-Hulk
    DC - Red Hood and the Outlaws, Mister Miracle
    Dark Horse
    Other

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Welcome back, Iron Maiden!
    thanks for the shares.
    DS
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Another alternate Doom : it can be cool. I will at least have a look to it in the lcs. The interaction with the symbiot both in design and in psychology may be really interesting. The interaction with Stephen too - even if I'm not convinced at all by this new version. I need to check who are the writer and the artists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for the information about the Venomverse series (is it yet another event?) I always like to check out the AU Dooms
    Sorry for not getting back sooner. The interaction between the symbiote and Doom is quite interesting (both want to be the dominant partner). As to whether or not it's an event, it is, but it's going to be relatively short and doesn't bleed into other series. After reading the latest issue (#2), I would highly recommend that Doom fans check it out.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Welcome back, Iron Maiden!
    thanks for the shares.
    DS
    Thanks. I am starting to get encouraged about the outcome of Infamous Iron Man since it looks like Doom isn't going on any hiatus for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Sorry for not getting back sooner. The interaction between the symbiote and Doom is quite interesting (both want to be the dominant partner). As to whether or not it's an event, it is, but it's going to be relatively short and doesn't bleed into other series. After reading the latest issue (#2), I would highly recommend that Doom fans check it out.
    Thanks for the alert. I will have to check that out too.

such an excelent character
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Catching up on a few things....

SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU'VE NOT READ THE LATEST VENOMVERSE

I probably have some of this wrong because I just gave issue #2 a quick read and haven't read issue #3 yet but it looks like this AU Victor von Doom is leading the Poisons. As in the MU, he's friends with Stephen Strange the SS of this universe but they're on opposite sides. Don't care much for the look of the venomized Doom. The head looks too small for the body on this page.