Page 251 of 293 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 4382
  1. #3751
    Spectacular Member DoomScribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria
    Posts
    166

    Default



    Happy Mother's Day, indeed.

    DS
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"


    Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

  2. #3752
    Colonel In Chief PЯOVOSҬ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Terra Australis
    Posts
    154

    Default

    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin


    мыслете наш он покой

  3. #3753
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    9,708

    Default

    Saw this on Bendis's tumblr the other night....




    I hope he's not ending it any time soon. I'd like to see it last until the end of the year at least
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

  4. #3754
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    9,708

    Default

    CBR has the preview up for Infamous Iron Man #8 and it's all panels with Ironheart/Riri

    Not surprised that Doom would call her "Miss Williams" instead of Riri. He would probably be adverse to using such a cutesy name. He always calls the Torch Jonathan and not Johnny and so forth.
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

  5. #3755
    Incredible Member Kintor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Surprised to see Riri making an appearance now. I figured that she wouldn't show up to issue #10, if the solicited cover for that issue was any indication. But I suppose this wouldn't be the first time that a comic book hasn't necessarily indicative of the contents inside.

  6. #3756
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    7,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    CBR has the preview up for Infamous Iron Man #8 and it's all panels with Ironheart/Riri

    Not surprised that Doom would call her "Miss Williams" instead of Riri. He would probably be adverse to using such a cutesy name. He always calls the Torch Jonathan and not Johnny and so forth.
    Riri is the name on her birth certificate, it's not short for anything. It's probably because he only knows of her, he doesn't actually know her. Unlike the FF.

  7. #3757
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    111

    Default

    how is the Infamous Iron Man? sounds like a pretty crazy idea (unless you only know the mcu and you dont know about Dr. Doom)

  8. #3758
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    9,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Riri is the name on her birth certificate, it's not short for anything. It's probably because he only knows of her, he doesn't actually know her. Unlike the FF.
    I just think Doom would be loathe to just form the syllables "Riri". He's always very formal about addressing people.
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

  9. #3759
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    9,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Surprised to see Riri making an appearance now. I figured that she wouldn't show up to issue #10, if the solicited cover for that issue was any indication. But I suppose this wouldn't be the first time that a comic book hasn't necessarily indicative of the contents inside.
    Yes, they've been way off with the summaries that we get in the advance solictations text. Could be that Bendis is pretty loose about his planning or other things come into conflict. OR he just forgets....remember when Tony trapped Victor in that force bubble? Apparently Bendis doesn't

    Quote Originally Posted by Oryo23 View Post
    how is the Infamous Iron Man? sounds like a pretty crazy idea (unless you only know the mcu and you dont know about Dr. Doom)
    I guess it would depend in your interest level. I was going to read it anyway as a long time fan. If you're not, you could still enjoy it for what it is...a redemption arc for a notorious super-villain. It may not be an original idea but so far it has held my interest, especially now that Bendis is saying it's a finite series with a planning ending. I hope I'm not disappointed with it. I really would mind if Victor did regress and somehow get all supervillainy again. I prefer when characters make progress and IMO Victor is too smart for that...or at least he should be.

    That said, I like it when things get a little crazy, like Doom admitting to Amara he doesn't have a phone and that's why he just pops in on people unexpectedly, even for social reasons. I think he would say "How mundane...Doom needs no common device like that"
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

  10. #3760
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yes, they've been way off with the summaries that we get in the advance solictations text. Could be that Bendis is pretty loose about his planning or other things come into conflict. OR he just forgets....remember when Tony trapped Victor in that force bubble? Apparently Bendis doesn't



    I guess it would depend in your interest level. I was going to read it anyway as a long time fan. If you're not, you could still enjoy it for what it is...a redemption arc for a notorious super-villain. It may not be an original idea but so far it has held my interest, especially now that Bendis is saying it's a finite series with a planning ending. I hope I'm not disappointed with it. I really would mind if Victor did regress and somehow get all supervillainy again. I prefer when characters make progress and IMO Victor is too smart for that...or at least he should be.

    That said, I like it when things get a little crazy, like Doom admitting to Amara he doesn't have a phone and that's why he just pops in on people unexpectedly, even for social reasons. I think he would say "How mundane...Doom needs no common device like that"
    i would have never asked if i wasn't interested about it.

  11. #3761
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    9,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oryo23 View Post
    i would have never asked if i wasn't interested about it.
    Hey, I'm not trying to jerk your chain. I'm just didn't know if you were like an uber fan as some of us are, just casually interested , etc. Because an uber fan like myself tends to read anything, even if it's bad. Then we can post here and bitch about it. :-)
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

  12. #3762
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Hey, I'm not trying to jerk your chain. I'm just didn't know if you were like an uber fan as some of us are, just casually interested , etc. Because an uber fan like myself tends to read anything, even if it's bad. Then we can post here and bitch about it. :-)
    lol so i"ll just try it tomorrow or something

  13. #3763
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    9,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oryo23 View Post
    lol so i"ll just try it tomorrow or something
    Yeah, you could try out this issue or see if you want to get a back issue or something. If you read Secret Wars, you already know that Doom was given a sort of new lease on life in that his face was no longer scarred and was able to verbalize the reasons for resenting Reed, etc.

    What's always been less clear to me is how much people remember from SW. It seems like very few remember him being God Emperor Doom or knows that he was the one that saved their world for them. But then he's not throwing it out there to anyone much either. He told his side of the story about becoming God to Amara, but she was appalled by his motivation for turning his life around.
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

  14. #3764
    Astonishing Member Abe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Saw this on Bendis's tumblr the other night....




    I hope he's not ending it any time soon. I'd like to see it last until the end of the year at least
    I saw that too, in the 'cancellation thread', something like two weeks ago. Like you I hope that it's not ending before the end of the year.

    In a way it's some good news : if it's intended to be finite, with a beginning a middle and a end, that means that Bendis has a end in mind and is not improvising the story. Good to know that he knows where he's going.

    Now we have to hope that the end of Infamous Iron Man won't be the end of the Doom solo book, and that another book will follow.

  15. #3765
    Astonishing Member Abe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oryo23 View Post
    lol so i"ll just try it tomorrow or something
    The first TPB will be out in two weeks, collecting the six first issues under the title "Infamous". It should be a nice reading : the art (and the coloring) are great and I think that collected in one book you won't experience the same pacing issues that bothered us a little the past months .

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •