Page 308 of 330 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 4939
    Spectacular Member Grim Fandango's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Interesting...

Could she be an alternate Sue? I don't know if it's likely : it could be weird to see them jumping in an alternate universe to meet another FF. Unless there are no FF but only a few of them - just Sue? If there's an alt-Doom, there would be also some Storm or some Richard around...

Also part of her suit - which is quite different from the ones we saw on Johnny and Ben - are similar to Vic's one. Which is cool but probably doesn't mean anything.
    This is commander Shepard.

Maybe she’s an alt-Valeria von Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    For those who missed it, Doom appears in Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #300, and since Johnny's in it too, expect some friction!
    Thanks for the tip Ray!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    This is commander Shepard.

Maybe she’s an alt-Valeria von Doom.
    I needed an internet search to get the reference to commandant Shepard... Yep : kinda same abds!

An alternate-Val would be cool.

(...and that's when I go rambling : Bring back future Val! What did she build?)) )

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

A couple of questions:

Still don't get who Commander Shepard is. A Marvel character or from some other media?
    At what point to they start interviewing Hickman. I don't want to listen to a 100 minute podcast, which is why I prefer print interviews. I can skip past things!

Shepard is the person you play as in the Mass Effect video games.

Thanks. I forget our younger fans are gamers. I'm past the age of video games, except maybe an old version of Ms Pac Man or Frogger.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    A couple of questions:

Still don't get who Commander Shepard is. A Marvel character or from some other media?
    At what point to they start interviewing Hickman. I don't want to listen to a 100 minute podcast, which is why I prefer print interviews. I can skip past things!
    Sorry Iron Maiden! The interview starts at 39:30 and runs till something like 91:00.

Now I'll try to locate the Doom part... Done! Try 69:20 for Doom and something like 62:00 for the FF. But the rest of the interview is quite interesting - and I can't say there aren't things about Doom or the FF elsewhere.
    Last edited by Abe; 03-04-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks Abe! I just didn't have the patience to listen to that much from a podcast. Not a fan of the medium.

thanks, Grim Fandango for posting that. I did a screen cap of Jim Cheung's video. It's always interesting to see the artist at work.

Abe, I finally listened to that podcast with Hickman. It's nice to hear his thoughts on writing the FF since at the time that interview was done, he was writing both FF and Fantastic Four after Johnny's death in the Negative Zone.

Some notes I wrote down:

I like how he said the writer tends to have a character that is the voice of the author. He said also said "the kids are me" and the one most like him is Valeria. So I guess he wishes he had an "Uncle Doom" or in other words he sort of established a proxy relationship with the character through Valeria. Very interesting

I would love to ask him which FF writer(s) didn't get Doom. Which leads to this quote (I hope I get it right) "Bwahaha Doom is BS and people should never do that in my opinion. I just think Doom should never be portrayed as anything other than noble. He just doesn't have the code that we have and he's a bad guy there's no doubt about it. Doom would never stoop to anything. I mean that's not the character. He may be clever and he may be tricky but he's not sneaky. That's not the character"

Bringing up the brain damage that he dealt with from Fall of the Hulk he mentions that he used that as a means to bring Kristoff into the book to also tie in to his theme about fathers and sons.

When asked about who did Doom well or who didn't. He said he didn't want to say on air who really f**ked up when doing Doom but he'd tell the interviewer over drinks at an upcoming comicon. LOL. Wish I had asked him that!

Writers who he thinks does Doom well: Brubaker, "Stan Lee and Jack Kirby had a decent ship there and are not to be underestimated"... (joking) Byrne"
    another quote: "Artists like to draw Doom and writers love to write him

So, here's something a little different. I just finished watching Kingdom of Heaven, the director's cut is a really good movie. Anyway, I'm making this post because the depiction of a certain character actually reminded me of Doom circa Secret Wars.

I'm talking about this guy, Baldwin IV - King of Jerusalem:

The medieval death mask already draws certain parallels to Doom. However, it's when the mask is finally removed that things get interesting:

Take a look at that face, seem familiar to anyone else? I couldn't help but think it looked a lot like Doom from his face reveal in Secret Wars:

Just think about it, the pale skin and the way that the necrotic tissue mirrors the appearance of both men. Most obviously the missing noses. Plus, the way that the skin around the right side of the lips has also rotted away in the same way, it's all too similar to be just coincidence.

So, anyone else see what I mean? Did Kingdom of Heaven inspire Esad Ribić when he drew this very distinctive image of Doom's face?

Good catch, Kintor I've never seen that movie and the resemblance is startling. I know Hickman and Brevoort said they both gave Ribic some ideas...maybe they used this movie as an example to guide him??

I found the missing nose was something that didn't match preview glimpses of Doom without his mask though. The profile would indicate that he did have a nose. I suppose he could have had a covering to protect it when he wasn't wearing the mask. It does justify the why he needed bandages. He would need them if the only injury was a small scar.

In short dont miss M2IO. It's getting quite more interesting...
    Last edited by Abe; 03-13-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Abe. Teasing us with his earlier time zone release of Wednesday's comics. ;p

The 99 cent Comixology sale has Waid's Avengers with Doom joining. Does Waid treat Doom right? Or is it Doom trashing like in his FF run?
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Nothing bad and nothing extraordinary. It's mostly about Nadia Pym - who is a fan of Vic - and Doom as that new Iron Man is written decently. The art is by Noto : pretty cool.

Here a page Iron Maiden posted elsewhere a few days ago :