Page 1 of 66 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 978
  1. #1
    Incredible Member Aliltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    512

    Default Barbara Gordon: Batgirl, Oracle, Batgirl Appreciation

    Well everyone time to start fresh and time to once again, appreciate our favorite red-headed Bat! So let's get going talking about Barbara Gordon and her career as Batgirl!

    3717804-4852742605-27465.jpg

    Batgirl_Barbara_Gordon_0028.jpg

    Batgirl_Vol_4_10_Solicit.jpg

  2. #2
    Junior Member Yellow Lantern 15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Anti-matter universe of Ohio
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Since the old thread is gone, let us restart. The last annual was very good and after the Vampire arc and filler issue with #30, their will be a new arc featuring.Secret Six Ragdoll. And don't miss another confrontation with Knightfall as Batgirl battles with her archenemies Knigtfall and the Disgraced!!! Hopefully we can get some of the images and videos back from the old thread and pit them back on here.

  3. #3
    Incredible Member Aliltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Yes! I agree, hopefully we can save some of the images and videos from the old thread. But anyways, looking on. Yes the annual was a good follow up to the Vampire story arc. I really enjoyed having all of the Birds of Prey featured in the Annual. I'm really looking forward to seeing Ragdoll in issue #31. Did you have a chance to read Batman Eternal #4?

  4. #4
    Junior Member Yellow Lantern 15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Anti-matter universe of Ohio
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Yes! I agree, hopefully we can save some of the images and videos from the old thread. But anyways, looking on. Yes the annual was a good follow up to the Vampire story arc. I really enjoyed having all of the Birds of Prey featured in the Annual. I'm really looking forward to seeing Ragdoll in issue #31. Did you have a chance to read Batman Eternal #4?
    No, But i am going next week to my comic book store to get it. From what I have heard, it was an inversion of The Batman and Batgirl story. But much better told.

  5. #5
    Incredible Member Aliltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Lantern 15 View Post
    No, But i am going next week to my comic book store to get it. From what I have heard, it was an inversion of The Batman and Batgirl story. But much better told.
    It's enjoyable! I really liked it, I just hope we see more of Batgirl in Batman Eternal. Can't get enough of her lol
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batman, Black Widow, Captain America: Steve Rogers, Hal Jordan, Teen Titans, among many others.

  6. #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Well, this thread seems the most appropriate location for my new 1st post! As to Annual #2, even though Batgirl wasn't the central focus, by far I am finding that this story for me at least is the absolute best of the New 52 Batgirl series to date. As a diagnosed sufferer of R-SAD (Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder) myself, I found the original way that Pamela is now a sufferer of SAD to be excellent story telling by Gail Simone. Even though I read just digitally now, I loved this story so much I think I will pick up an actual print copy.

    And if this Annual is any indication of the quality coming from Ms. Simone's comment that she has gotten a bit more creative control on the title now, I can't wait to see what we will be appreciating about Babs in the next five issues!

  7. #7
    Incredible Member Aliltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Well, this thread seems the most appropriate location for my new 1st post! As to Annual #2, even though Batgirl wasn't the central focus, by far I am finding that this story for me at least is the absolute best of the New 52 Batgirl series to date. As a diagnosed sufferer of R-SAD (Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder) myself, I found the original way that Pamela is now a sufferer of SAD to be excellent story telling by Gail Simone. Even though I read just digitally now, I loved this story so much I think I will pick up an actual print copy.

    And if this Annual is any indication of the quality coming from Ms. Simone's comment that she has gotten a bit more creative control on the title now, I can't wait to see what we will be appreciating about Babs in the next five issues!

    I couldn't agree with you more. It does feel like she has a little more creative control on this issue, hopefully it's something we see more of in the title! Very good issue indeed
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batman, Black Widow, Captain America: Steve Rogers, Hal Jordan, Teen Titans, among many others.

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    FYI, everything from the old appreciation thread can be found here: http://oldforums.comicbookresources....ciation-Thread

  9. #9
    Junior Member Yellow Lantern 15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Anti-matter universe of Ohio
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    FYI, everything from the old appreciation thread can be found here: http://oldforums.comicbookresources....ciation-Thread
    I hope that we can retrieve some of the old stuff from the place. Because they (admins) are only going to keep the old boards discussion for another 14 days before those things are lost forever.
    What I read: Batman, Batgirl, Sinestro, Red Lanterns, Supergirl, Batman Eternal.

  10. #10
    Junior Member E.Nigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Well, this thread seems the most appropriate location for my new 1st post! As to Annual #2, even though Batgirl wasn't the central focus, by far I am finding that this story for me at least is the absolute best of the New 52 Batgirl series to date. As a diagnosed sufferer of R-SAD (Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder) myself, I found the original way that Pamela is now a sufferer of SAD to be excellent story telling by Gail Simone. Even though I read just digitally now, I loved this story so much I think I will pick up an actual print copy.

    And if this Annual is any indication of the quality coming from Ms. Simone's comment that she has gotten a bit more creative control on the title now, I can't wait to see what we will be appreciating about Babs in the next five issues!
    Haven't read the Annual yet, but does it keep or rewrite anything from the Villains Month issue?



    Also, is it a self-contained story, or does it continue in the regular Batgirl book? (And if so, when?)

  11. #11
    Ultimate Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    And if this Annual is any indication of the quality coming from Ms. Simone's comment that she has gotten a bit more creative control on the title now, I can't wait to see what we will be appreciating about Babs in the next five issues!
    First of all? Vanguard-01, checking in with the Babs Love!

    Second? Really? Gail's getting some more control? Hm! I may have to get back into reading Batgirl, then. I stopped reading after the non-stop depressing stories just killed my enthusiasm for Babs. But now, if Gail gets a chance to bring back Babs' more likable and upbeat qualities? Then I may just have to check back in.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  12. #12
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    http://www.actionfigurefury.com/dc-c...toy-fair-2014/



    Just a reminder from the old thread of this New 52 Batgirl action figure which is still to come out this year for 2014!

    And this is one pic from the old thread that is my absolute favorite:



    I would love to have this as a framed poster!

  13. #13
    Incredible Member Aliltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    http://www.actionfigurefury.com/dc-c...toy-fair-2014/



    Just a reminder from the old thread of this New 52 Batgirl action figure which is still to come out this year for 2014!



    I would love to have this as a framed poster!
    I WANT that figure sooooo bad!!! And I agree, I'd love to have that as a framed poster. Oh man....sorry I'm geeking out over that figure, I forgot about it!

    And this is one pic from the old thread that is my absolute favorite:
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batman, Black Widow, Captain America: Steve Rogers, Hal Jordan, Teen Titans, among many others.

  14. #14

    Default

    ...and now I have to reinstall photoshop if I want to re-make my old profile pic thing. Grrr.
    It was a picture of Babs.
    *Edit*
    Oh NVM. I started a Helena Wayne appreciation thread, so I feel i need to have her as my profile pic. lol
    Last edited by Internet-man; 04-30-2014 at 09:23 PM.
    Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Teen Titans, Astro City, Spider-Man 2099, Lazarus, The Maxx: Maxximized, Invader Zim
    There is only one Apocalypse

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Monkey Astronaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,295

    Default

    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •