Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566 LastLast

As revealed to The Hollywood Reporter, Feige said that Whedon actually contacted him before the decision was made public.

"He called. A couple months ago, which he didn't have to do and was super cool of him and super nice of him… And we couldn't be more supportive. We want to see a Joss Whedon Batgirl film be awesome."
    http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/04/18/b...dios-avengers/

This hints toward Batgirl being in the cooker for more than a few months now before it was announced so we might be getting a Batgirl movie news sooner than expected. By San Diego Comic Con this movie could have at least 6 months of planning with scripts etc by then. Also this is all just me theorising.... I saw a lot of people saying it's going to be on the slow burn to make way for Nightwing and Gotham City Sirens, but with Joss he has a solid amount of quality work and more experience behind him than the other directors (not to diminish their accomplishments but Joss helmed two Avengers movies with Marvel execs breathing down his shoulder so I give him the edge on that).

So yeah, because of Joss's experience I wouldn't be surprised to see this movie move at a faster pace just because he's knows the ins and outs. I also theorise that this might be a passion project or a character that DC let him choose to do a movie on (because in the grand scheme of things Barbara is sort of random character to get her own movie straight away) so he might be able to translate his vision easier than others. Also it's a solo hero project and WB would definitely let a guy with the success that Joss has to do his own thing.

I'm not saying the movie is getting fast tracked at all, but a Batgirl movie with the creative force behind that it has might make things move quicker along
    Last edited by RedQueen; 04-18-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/04/18/b...dios-avengers/

This hints toward Batgirl being in the cooker for more than a few months now before it was announced so we might be getting a Batgirl movie news sooner than expected. By San Diego Comic Con this movie could have at least 6 months of planning with scripts etc by then. Also this is all just me theorising.... I saw a lot of people saying it's going to be on the slow burn to make way for Nightwing and Gotham City Sirens, but with Joss he has a solid amount of quality work and more experience behind him than the other directors (not to diminish their accomplishments but Joss helmed two Avengers movies with Marvel execs breathing down his shoulder so I give him the edge on that).

So yeah, because of Joss's experience I wouldn't be surprised to see this movie move at a faster pace just because he's knows the ins and outs. I also theorise that this might be a passion project or a character that DC let him choose to do a movie on because in the grand scheme of themes Barbara is sort of random character to get her own movie straight away so he might be able to translate his vision easier than others. Also it's a solo hero project and WB would definitely let a guy with the success that Joss has to do his own thing.

I'm not saying the movie is getting fast tracked at all, but a Batgirl movie with the creative force behind that it has might make things move quicker along
    Very interesting. It's like I expected. Because Joss is behind this, I think this has a much better chance of being made
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/854882578498674688

Here's Joss on the early development of Batgirl.. Really excited that this is actually going to happen
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

Here's Joss on the early development of Batgirl.. Really excited that this is actually going to happen
    Vin Diesel's a bold but brilliant choice.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I like how he talks about it and of course Vin Diesel in an obvious choice. Anyways I hope he doesn't get execs hanging over him like they did with Age of Ultron. The way he's talking about it seems like WB is definitely given him creative freedom.

Hey is it worth having a Batgirl movie news thread? Info is slowly trickling out this point and I think Nightwing has one.
    Last edited by RedQueen; 04-20-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    Hey is it worth having a Batgirl movie news thread? Info is slowly trickling out this point and I think Nightwing has one.
    Probably not, it'll get hijacked or buried under bitterness. Especially if there isn't a steady stream of news coming in. Maybe just add to this one.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-20-2017 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Vin Diesel's a bold but brilliant choice.
    I'm okay with it as long as he wears a wig.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Probably not, it'll get hijacked or buried under bitterness. Especially if there isn't a steady stream of news coming in. Maybe just add to this one.
    True. Keeping it here or it that thread might keep it tidy and relevant to those interested.

Rookie Member

Im so glad to see that Batgirl movie is really gonna to happen, and Whedon is right to choice first the tom to the character, we have 2 really differents ways to Barbara: the dark from Gail Simone, the fun from Burnside and I think he will do somethiw between them. Barbara is a great character, she ispired me so much, Im so happy that she will have her solo movie.

Rookie Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batgirll View Post
    Im so glad to see that Batgirl movie is really gonna to happen, and Whedon is right to choice first the tom to the character, we have 2 really differents ways to Barbara: the dark from Gail Simone, the fun from Burnside and I think he will do somethiw between them. Barbara is a great character, she ispired me so much, Im so happy that she will have her solo movie.
    Ive wished for a Batgirl movie for years so I'm totally excited. I'm hoping for the Gail Simone version of Batgirl as Burnside version is too directed at children and its too immature.
    I want to see a serious Batgirl taking no crap from anyone. I don't mind a bit of humor but for the most part I want to see a strong mature heroine!

Ideally they probably want something that appeals to both adults and children alike.

I just hope we don't get dickxbabs in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Ive wished for a Batgirl movie for years so I'm totally excited. I'm hoping for the Gail Simone version of Batgirl as Burnside version is too directed at children and its too immature.
    I want to see a serious Batgirl taking no crap from anyone. I don't mind a bit of humor but for the most part I want to see a strong mature heroine!
    Gail's Batgirl is too serious. Burnside Batgirl would be successful and easier to do.

Rookie Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Gail's Batgirl is too serious. Burnside Batgirl would be successful and easier to do.
    No way Burnsides Batgirl would be too childish and would not fit into the DCMU at all. She already doesnt fit into the Batfamily in the comics.
    We need to see a strong and capable fighter not a Batgirl that is distracted with boys and taking selfies!

Please.... A normal Batgirl...
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-21-2017 at 06:55 AM.