Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Here is another recent indian or indian american superhero i posted before.
    Here is the update
    Raz Malhotra (Earth-616)
    Giant-Man

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Raz_Mal...28Earth-616%29
    Last edited by mace11; 01-16-2017 at 04:58 AM.

Too bad all they've all gone MIA
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 01-15-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTaj View Post
    Well it looks like I stand corrected regarding Chakra! But it only goes to show how little exposure these characters are given.
    I think some of characters are getting bigger exposure in the comics.
    For example i have not read most of these but grid is in Death of X (2016) and Inhumans vs X-Men (2017).
    Big comic events.
    Sapna is in flagship x-men book and some others had bigger exposure one way or the other in past and currently.
    The indian or indian american new inhuman on AOS is getting more mainstream exposure.
    He is not superhero yet but he is an inhuman and could become a superhero in season 4 of AOS,of course he is not originally from the comics.
    He was created for the show.
    Alot of the indian/indian american superheroes or characters or on the list were in spiderman or x-men comics for example but many did last long or stayed around that's why you hear less of them etc..

Spiderman india does pop up from time to time in the spiderman comics however and he is in other spider type comics like Spider-Verse Team-Up,Web Warriors etc..
    Maybe one day he will show up in a spiderman cartoon or live action spideman or video games to get bigger exposure.

Raz is getting some exposure,not big enough but not little either since he was in ant-man and some other recent comics.Maybe he would pop up in avengers cartoon one day or some type of marvel cartoon,or a ant-man movie or ant-man and wasp movie or video games etc..
    So there is a number of characters in marvel of indian origin.
    I think the biggest problem with most of the indian characters in dc and marvel so far is that they do not last or last long enough but new ones are created at times.
    Maybe grid,raz and sapna will last.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-15-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Veteran Member

Mace, you're obviously behind with Extraordinary X-Men...

Veteran Member

Edited above.
    Or here.

I think some of characters are getting bigger exposure in the comics.
    For example i have not read most of these but grid is in Death of X (2016) and Inhumans vs X-Men (2017).
    Big comic events.
    Sapna is in flagship x-men book and some others had bigger exposure one way or the other in past and currently.
    The indian or indian american new inhuman on AOS is getting more mainstream exposure.
    He is not superhero yet but he is an inhuman and could become a superhero in season 4 of AOS,of course he is not originally from the comics.
    He was created for the show.
    Alot of the indian/indian american superheroes or characters or on the list were in spiderman or x-men comics for example but many did last long or stayed around that's why you hear less of them etc..

Spiderman india does pop up from time to time in the spiderman comics however and he is in other spider type comics like Spider-Verse Team-Up,Web Warriors etc..
    Maybe one day he will show up in a spiderman cartoon or live action spideman or video games to get bigger exposure.

Raz is getting some exposure,not big enough but not little either since he was in ant-man and some other recent comics.Maybe he would pop up in avengers cartoon one day or some type of marvel cartoon,or a ant-man movie or ant-man and wasp movie or video games etc..
    So there is a number of characters in marvel of indian origin.
    I think the biggest problem with most of the indian characters in dc and marvel so far is that they do not last or last long enough but new ones are created at times.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-15-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Mace, you're obviously behind with Extraordinary X-Men...
    Yeah i have not kept up.
    I think i know what you saying?
    Sapna right?
    I read some recent info about her.
    Could she come back?
    Last edited by mace11; 01-15-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Yeah i have not kept up.
    I think i know what you saying?
    Sapna right?
    I read some recent info about her.
    Could she come back?
    Not impossible, put not likely.
    I guess she was created to give Magik some more angst and to remind her that she is not allowed to have signifiant relationships with anybody who is not Shadowcat or Colossus.

Veteran Member

I think the biggest problem with most of the indian characters in dc and marvel so far is that that they do NOT last or last long enough but new ones are created at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Not impossible, put not likely.
    I guess she was created to give Magik some more angst and to remind her that she is not allowed to have signifiant relationships with anybody who is not Shadowcat or Colossus.
    Okay.
    Interesting.
    Of course she could still come back,but who knows.

Veteran Member

By the way most of the characters for other groups do not last or last long or last long enough either in dc and marvel,so i don't think it's necessary for most indian characters to last long either,but the problem is with the indian characters is that a large enough chuck or a significant amount do not last or last long or last long enough so far.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-15-2017 at 10:45 PM.

I think of all the Indian Marvel characters, it's Indra who has the most untapped potential. Still very young and a cool powerset that is still not fully explored, which also makes an interesting contrast against his reluctance to resort to violence, reminiscent of Aang from The Last Airbender. I don't know why X-Books cannot focus on promising diverse characters like him instead of sight gags like Eye-Boy or trying to make Quentin Quire happen for more than a decade.

Rookie Member

Newbie Member

Who is Pakistani-American, and thus close enough for this thread. Raz Malhotra, aka the new Giant-Man, also fits. There was also Omega Sentinel.
    Well additionally, Kamalas grandparents moved west to pakistan during the partition.

Veteran Member

Iron Fist (TV series)
    Davos Portrayed by Sacha Dhawan.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Davos

Thunderbird (Neal Shara) was in Xtreme X-men, which I quite liked, particularly the Invasion arc. I also read his origin in X-men Unlimited when it came out, enjoyed it despite shoddy art on a few pages.

Omega Sentinel had prominence during Mike Careys run, starting with the storyline Supernovas and had some prominence during the San Francisco era, which I wasn't a big fan of, but picked up a few issues that looked interesting, one being an issue with Hellion, after he'd been mutilated by a sentinel, hating and fearing Omega Sentinel. Cover for that issue had a really cool image of Omega Sentinel.

Who is Pakistani-American, and thus close enough for this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faygele View Post
    Well additionally, Kamalas grandparents moved west to pakistan during the partition.
    I don't think many people of Pakistani origin would like being called "Indian" or "close enough for Indian", for obvious reasons.