Page 158 of 171 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2561
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Let Lauren Montgomery finally make her Batgirl: Year One movie. An entire movie with animation inspired by Marcos Martin's artwork is going to be out of this world
    This! Brother from another mother?

Incredible Member

Episode Order For ‘Titans’ Season 1 Reportedly Revealed

Warner Bros. will be launching a DC Comics branded digital service in 2018 and one of their new shows that they will be premiering is the live-action Teen Titans series, Titans. The show comes from executive producers Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Greg Berlanti, and Sarah Schechter. While we don’t know much about the upcoming series, it appears that we now finally know how many episodes Season 1 will consist of.

In a recent report by Deadline about Goldsman’s next projects, it was mentioned (as noticed by Titans TV) by the trade that Season 1 will have a 13-episode commitment. Given that Titans will be on a streaming service, a 13-episode order makes a lot of sense. The show is reportedly set to start production in Toronto, Canada on September 25.

A recent character breakdown revealed that Titans is currently looking to cast Dick Grayson a.k.a. Nightwing, Starfire, Raven and Garfield Logan a.k.a. Beast Boy. With production approaching in just a few months, we’ll hopefully have some casting news soon for Titans.

DC’s Titans will premiere sometime in 2018.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Episode Order For ‘Titans’ Season 1 Reportedly Revealed

Source
    Hmmm. I'm not onboard with this Titans stuff. Something about it just seems eeeehhh

But it hasn't even shown, so who am I to judge?

If the graphics are as good as what I have seen from Krypton & Star Trek it will be a great show but if it's CW level then it will probably be mediocre to good

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    If the graphics are as good as what I have seen from Krypton & Star Trek it will be a great show but if it's CW level then it will probably be mediocre to good
    I really hope it doesn't have a CW budget. Then again it's a lower episode count so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Krypton? I think I've heard of it... that it won't be on CW... any other details?

Fantastic Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

CW has done a way better job with heroes than most of the movies we've seen by any company.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Krypton? I think I've heard of it... that it won't be on CW... any other details?
    They have a trailer out, Syfy has really improved its style of making shows, Beast Boy, Raven & Starfire would look like B level cosplayers on the CW. Flash/Supergirl use comedy and tricks to make up for things

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    CW has done a way better job with heroes than most of the movies we've seen by any company.
    At times, yes. Flash Season One and Arrow Season Two are legit some of the superhero live action adventures in the century so far.

Arrow Season One is also pretty good, as was Legends of Tomorrow, though not on par with the above.

The issue is how Flash's Seasons 2 and 3 are unimaginative and sometimes shoddy retreads of Season 1, and Arrow's new habit of ABCB-- Always Be Copying Batman-- as well as a mishandling of their characters. They tend to have good ideas they then screw up for the sake of conservative storytelling or appealing to CW's demographics: "Look! Another Evil Speedster from another time and place with a surprising (or just confusing and wasteful) Identity!"/"Look, we had to kill that character; they were threatening the female lead's role by being written well."

My hope is that the DC Digital service and shorter episode count means they come up with new stories and status quos first, and don't just seek out some kind of episodic structure they can repeat ad Infinatum.
    Co-Host of FranchiseWars podcast on ITunes with the Condor.
    Latest episode: Star Wars: Last Jedi--Who is Rey? https://pcr.apple.com/id1286433288

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    At times, yes. Flash Season One and Arrow Season Two are legit some of the superhero live action adventures in the century so far.

Arrow Season One is also pretty good, as was Legends of Tomorrow, though not on par with the above.

The issue is how Flash's Seasons 2 and 3 are unimaginative and sometimes shoddy retreads of Season 1, and Arrow's new habit of ABCB-- Always Be Copying Batman-- as well as a mishandling of their characters. They tend to have good ideas they then screw up for the sake of conservative storytelling or appealing to CW's demographics: "Look! Another Evil Speedster from another time and place with a surprising (or just confusing and wasteful) Identity!"/"Look, we had to kill that character; they were threatening the female lead's role by being written well."

My hope is that the DC Digital service and shorter episode count means they come up with new stories and status quos first, and don't just seek out some kind of episodic structure they can repeat ad Infinatum.
    I agree. I hope there is a consistent storyline throughout all the 13 eps.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Superman prequel show focusing on Kal-el's grandfather and his experience on Krypton long before it's destruction. Zod's ancestors will also be involved apparently. And it might or might not be a prequel to Man of Steel (IDK if that's been 100% confirmed yet or not).

Fantastic Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Superman prequel show focusing on Kal-el's grandfather and his experience on Krypton long before it's destruction. Zod's ancestors will also be involved apparently. And it might or might not be a prequel to Man of Steel (IDK if that's been 100% confirmed yet or not).
    This sounds horrible.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Guys, all the love for CW... its like Bizarro world in here

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I really hope it doesn't have a CW budget. Then again it's a lower episode count so who knows.

Given that they are filming this for a for a streaming service and they probably won't have a high budget. They won't have the budget of a cw show. I'd set your bar for a budget around a netflix level.

It is a Literal Crime as to how much NON-Love that is not being given by WB/CN to Justice League Action. That show is pretty fun.