Page 313 of 313 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313
Results 4,681 to 4,684 of 4684

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    That quote from Jamal Igle is really telling. Truth be known, the editorial aversion to all things Clois has been the unofficial policy since 2009 ish. First by keeping Clark Kent and Superman out of his own main books for the duration of New Krypton, to Grounded where he was away from Metropolis for the entire run, and with the New 52 they've made it a point to keep the characters as far apart as they possibly can, throwing an occasional bone to Lois fans to deflect attention from the fact that TPTB at DC really don't like Lois Lane. I'm not sure why honestly. I think she became a scape goat for their misshandling of the character and why sales prior to the new 52 sucked. Of course the poor sales had NOTHING to do with making Superman an ineffectual weak navel gazing angst ridden character that barely appeared in his own comics. No, it was that "Trophy wife" (former Superman editor Matt Idelson's own term for Lois) and that "boring" Super marriage that was holding Superman back!!!! (that and apparently his trunks as well) Let's ditch Lois, slap some armor on him and put him with Wonder Woman!!! That'll put sales up over the top, right????? (actually none of that really worked...sales are pretty much back to where they where the year or so prior to the relaunch.)

Sorry for the rant...I am mostly happy atm how Superman is being handled by his current writers...and i have nothing against Wonder Woman at all. However the treatment over all of Lois (with UNCHAINED and SMALLVILLE being the lone exceptions, and both are nearly over) really "grinds my gears". I hope they get MJ and Peter back together at Marvel, that sales are huge, and that will increase the pressure to end this silly spiteful downplaying of Lois as a character no more important than Jimmy Olsen or Perry White (both of which actually have had more done with them than Lois has!) and at least return her to an appropriate level of prominence in Superman's world. That does NOT neccesarily mean that they have to get them married or engaged again any time soon,but at least show that she is Clark's best friend....not just pay lip service in the occasional caption.
    Wow, great post!!!
    My feeling exactly!
    Thank you, MOS1979!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Smallville: Continuity #10: Touching goodbye between partners, but at least a new partnership is raising. Lex's starting this way to The White House. Martha and Perry (and Shelby - although turned into a female again?)! Great Superman's speech in favor of the heroes, and a even more amazing tribute to the former Watchtower place.
    Thanks for the great review, Jon! I donīt buy it yet =(

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    That quote from Jamal Igle is really telling. Truth be known, the editorial aversion to all things Clois has been the unofficial policy since 2009 ish. First by keeping Clark Kent and Superman out of his own main books for the duration of New Krypton, to Grounded where he was away from Metropolis for the entire run, and with the New 52 they've made it a point to keep the characters as far apart as they possibly can, throwing an occasional bone to Lois fans to deflect attention from the fact that TPTB at DC really don't like Lois Lane. I'm not sure why honestly. I think she became a scape goat for their misshandling of the character and why sales prior to the new 52 sucked. Of course the poor sales had NOTHING to do with making Superman an ineffectual weak navel gazing angst ridden character that barely appeared in his own comics. No, it was that "Trophy wife" (former Superman editor Matt Idelson's own term for Lois) and that "boring" Super marriage that was holding Superman back!!!! (that and apparently his trunks as well) Let's ditch Lois, slap some armor on him and put him with Wonder Woman!!! That'll put sales up over the top, right????? (actually none of that really worked...sales are pretty much back to where they where the year or so prior to the relaunch.)

Sorry for the rant...I am mostly happy atm how Superman is being handled by his current writers...and i have nothing against Wonder Woman at all. However the treatment over all of Lois (with UNCHAINED and SMALLVILLE being the lone exceptions, and both are nearly over) really "grinds my gears". I hope they get MJ and Peter back together at Marvel, that sales are huge, and that will increase the pressure to end this silly spiteful downplaying of Lois as a character no more important than Jimmy Olsen or Perry White (both of which actually have had more done with them than Lois has!) and at least return her to an appropriate level of prominence in Superman's world. That does NOT neccesarily mean that they have to get them married or engaged again any time soon,but at least show that she is Clark's best friend....not just pay lip service in the occasional caption.
    Perfect post! Please keep sharing your thoughts with us, we agree because it's the truth. ;P

I'm more of a "Dia de muertos" person myself, but...I absolutely love this (the one with the baby is just 'aww!'):

Last edited by TomariS; Yesterday at 06:51 PM.
    Beautiful Clark&Lois art of my avi, by Cat Staggs

Quote Originally Posted by Mina_ro View Post
    hahahahaha XD you're right, Supermom.
    Personally, I donīt think the things change very soon. Sadly... =(

This collage is precious =)

Via: cibelekent

Source:
    mystifyinglane
    Yup, same here, haha! And thanks for the pics and the gifs, Mina_ro.
    Beautiful Clark&Lois art of my avi, by Cat Staggs