Page 975 of 980 FirstFirst ... 475875925965971972973974975976977978979 ... LastLast
Results 14,611 to 14,625 of 14688

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Oh! And just in case...'cause I can't remember if we have this one here already: The Last Daughter of Krypton (fan trailer)
    We had not. That's AMAZING!

There's also a prequel:

Happy 79th anniversary to our favorite couple! Here some storyboards from "Man of Steel", courtesy of Jay Oliva:

BTW, he directed the animated short for the 75th anniversary and so he shared a few things that they planned, but that didn't make the cut:

Jay Oliva‏ @jayoliva1
    @CertainshadesL There was a longer version I had planned that celebrated Lois during the short. I had planned for a Reeves/ Kidder night flight ...

That led through the night sky and through the fortress of solitude as projections from the movie were shown on the walls around them.

It would lead to their wedding from the comics and then segues into the death of Superman where Lois is holding him after the fateful battle

That was in the 5 minute version I wanted to do but ultimately the budget and time restraints prevented me from doing that.
    Source.

I felt the short definitely didn't look complete without such iconic moments, but I understand the issue there. I still liked it, though, and I'm hoping there's a bigger and better planned celebration for the 80th.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You wonít always be right, but you donít have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Avatar by Lee Weeks (colors by alwayspressy).

Not much from Lois in today's Superman (the preview pages were the gist of it), but plenty of fun and drama for Clark and son.

...And gosh darnnit Tomasi/Gleason I LIKED Kathy...

Superman #21: Great, great issue. The opening sequence is just fantastic, like, the teenage Jon, the sleepover, Damian's tragic shorts, the "I have my own cow" line. Things don't look good for Krypto and I'm definitely curious to know who's that guy behind it. LOL at Damian treating Superman as a horse. Luckely, Supes has patience of steel. As always, I like when there's connections between arcs. I was afraid of how the writers would handle the Jon turning against his father plot, but that was a good first step. T-W-I-S-T! I so didn't see that coming! The art was in its usual greatness.

Super Sons #3: Damian Wayne is savage. The namecalling, the slaying, the pettiness. I love it all! Good thing that Jon can give as good as he gets, too. There was a lot more of the villain's story and infodump this issue, but that's something that's expected. What I like plenty is how Tomasi uses it to give reader a bit of information on the characters to new readers, like Damian writing to the editor at age 2 (again, savage!). The use of familiar robots is fun to explore their reactions and so to give scenes like Damian riding Jon (that boy likes to go royal, doesn't he?). > Insert here the gush over comment on Jimenez's art <.

Justice League #19: I thought this was Hitch's best issue. The League working together, the Batman/Superman partnership, the high tension, it all worked for me here. It still had some plot holes, but not bad enough to drag the issue down. The scene with Batman jumping in front of Jon to save him was great, which reminds me I want a Batman/Superboy (IOW, uncle and nephew) team up now that the refugee angle is gone. Great art from Fernando Passarin, strong on the characters's expressions and the backgrounds. I particularly liked the Kent family hug, he so delivered there.

Trinity #8 was really, really passable.
    Last edited by Jon11; 04-19-2017 at 04:11 AM.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You wonít always be right, but you donít have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Anything in it on how Clark approached Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Anything in it on how Clark approached Diana?
    Nothing to that effect. In fact, it was just the "fight" between the Supermen that accomplished nothing and Clark telling them about Oz and wondering if he's the one who messed with his life and the three of them deciding that this information was gonna be kept to themselves and Clark's family only.

The whole issue was probably just the last part, but they needed to fill in the rest, so they just threw in the nonsensical fight.
    Last edited by Jon11; 04-19-2017 at 04:34 AM.

Thanks for the info, I wonder if Bruce will let Diana, Clark and the family know about the investigation he and Flash are conducting? Especially after he's left worse for wear in today's Batman issue

I haven't read Trinity #8 yet, but I'm bummed to hear that it was nothing notable. Dang it. I should've read this thread before hitting the buy button.

But my other 2 purchases I got to read did not disappoint. Super Sons was fun as usual. The "dork knight" line alone made this issue worth every penny. LOL And I really really like Sara. I think she'd make a good regular character -- a voice-of-reason type character to balance out the boys when they are bickering. Of course, Tomasi got me to like Kathy in his other book but how did that turn out? Yikes! Did not see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Thanks for the info, I wonder if Bruce will let Diana, Clark and the family know about the investigation he and Flash are conducting? Especially after he's left worse for wear in today's Batman issue
    Since Manapul is big on continuity, I can see he bringing it up in Trinity if allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by stephtanner View Post
    I haven't read Trinity #8 yet, but I'm bummed to hear that it was nothing notable. Dang it. I should've read this thread before hitting the buy button. :-(
    Who knows, maybe you'll like it. Plus, I didn't comment on it because I didn't want to extend myself, but I thought Lupacchino's was way better than her last issue on this title, maybe because she wasn't drawing it between Superwoman issues.

But my other 2 purchases I got to read did not disappoint. Super Sons was fun as usual. The "dork knight" line alone made this issue worth every penny. LOL And I really really like Sara. I think she'd make a good regular character -- a voice-of-reason type character to balance out the boys when they are bickering. Of course, Tomasi got me to like Kathy in his other book but how did that turn out? Yikes! Did not see that coming.
    I thought it was Maya's job? The more the merrier to me, though. I'm still hoping for a team up with Billy Batson arc.

By thefrisbeeman:

By Kleber Lira:

By Nacho Castro:

Hey, guys, Scott Hanna was nominated in quite a few categories for the Inkwell Awards for his work, among others, on Superman: Lois and Clark. You can vote here: http://www.inkwellawards.com/

Source.

(Love this page, BTW!)

From Action Comics #976::

By Jaime Mendoza.

The perfect "Lois is jugding you" image (Superman WIP):

By Doug Mahnke.

JL8 #238:

By Yale Stewart.

Man, so much for that solicitation saying there'd be something substantial with Lois and Lana in Superwoman
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-20-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Pencils, colour-test, and final art of the Superman: The Golden Age Vol. 3 cover:

By Michael Cho.
    Tell whatever you want about Cho (and surely you'll be right) but when he wants, his art is so GORGEOUS!!
    I want a poster with this drawing!
    Superman #21: Great, great issue. The opening sequence is just fantastic, like, the teenage Jon, the sleepover, Damian's tragic shorts, the "I have my own cow" line. Things don't look good for Krypto and I'm definitely curious to know who's that guy behind it. LOL at Damian treating Superman as a horse. Luckely, Supes has patience of steel. As always, I like when there's connections between arcs. I was afraid of how the writers would handle the Jon turning against his father plot, but that was a good first step. T-W-I-S-T! I so didn't see that coming! The art was in its usual greatness.
    That ending!! What a twist!

I really love how the creative team are writing the boys. Lois... mmmm... not so much, but I'm not going to complain. I wasn't expecting nothing for her in the SM book. Luckily Jurgens knows how to write a worker mother like her so, all in all, I'm loving the current books. =D

Super Sons #3: Damian Wayne is savage. The namecalling, the slaying, the pettiness. I love it all! Good thing that Jon can give as good as he gets, too. There was a lot more of the villain's story and infodump this issue, but that's something that's expected. What I like plenty is how Tomasi uses it to give reader a bit of information on the characters to new readers, like Damian writing to the editor at age 2 (again, savage!). The use of familiar robots is fun to explore their reactions and so to give scenes like Damian riding Jon (that boy likes to go royal, doesn't he?). > Insert here the gush over comment on Jimenez's art <.
    Two words... "Dork knight" XD
    I'm still laughing... those boys

Justice League #19: I thought this was Hitch's best issue. The League working together, the Batman/Superman partnership, the high tension, it all worked for me here. It still had some plot holes, but not bad enough to drag the issue down. The scene with Batman jumping in front of Jon to save him was great, which reminds me I want a Batman/Superboy (IOW, uncle and nephew) team up now that the refugee angle is gone. Great art from Fernando Passarin, strong on the characters's expressions and the backgrounds. I particularly liked the Kent family hug, he so delivered there.
    I want to see those panels!!!

Lol
    Last edited by Mina_ro; 04-20-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Action Comics #978 preview:

Source: 13th Dimension.

sweet, the trunks were still a thing
    there is no "i" in denial