Page 363 of 366 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366 LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 5489
  1. #5431
    Incredible Member TheSupernaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Twin Peaks
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    At this point, there is no real reason not to believe the Walker rumors. G. Willow Wilson has now been confirmed on to be on Wonder Woman, the Grant Morrison on Green Lantern rumor has gotten a lot of traction, and Kelly Sue DeConnick (who is rumored to be taking over Aquaman) was at the DC Writer's Summit. There is a very good chance the rumors about Walker are also correct.
    I'm a bit out of the loop, what Walker rumors are we talking here?

  2. #5432
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I'm a bit out of the loop, what Walker rumors are we talking here?
    A couple months ago, Bleeding Cool ran a series of stories about some new creative teams coming onto various DC books. They labeled this all under the heading off DC: Fresh Start, but acknowledged that was more their title for it than a label DC planned to use.

    The rumored creative teams were:

    Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp on Green Lantern
    Kelly Sue DeConnick on Aquaman
    Brian Azzarello on Suicide Squad
    David Walker on a Flash title (but not the main Flash title, which they said would remain with Williamson)

    Additionally, they said that Matt Fraction was considering doing a Jimmy Olsen book, but that plan fell through.

    Since then they've also posted rumors about G. Willow Wilson taking over Wonder Woman and Peter Tomasi taking over Detective Comics.

    When the rumors were first revealed, some were excited and some were skeptical. Some said the rumors couldn't be trusted because it was from Bleeding Cool, forgetting that one thing Bleeding Cool has a very good track record of is predicting upcoming creative teams (ex. stating Greg Rucka would be returning to Wonder Woman for Rebirth, which...who could have predicted). However, since these rumors were first announced, G. Willow Wilson has been confirmed to take over Wonder Woman, a big Green Lantern announcement is said to be forthcoming, and Kelly Sue DeConnick was seen at the DC Writer's Summit. Since all these other rumors seem to be coming to pass, the idea of a Walker Flash-related title could be well in the cards as well. Granted, things can change and it is always possible that even if a Walker Flash book was planned at some point, the plan could have changed.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Green Arrow, Super Sons, Titans, Teen Titans, Mister Miracle, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Raven: Daughter of Darkness, Man of Steel

    Image: Lazarus, Black Magick, Kill or Be Killed

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  3. #5433
    Incredible Member TheSupernaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Twin Peaks
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    A couple months ago, Bleeding Cool ran a series of stories about some new creative teams coming onto various DC books. They labeled this all under the heading off DC: Fresh Start, but acknowledged that was more their title for it than a label DC planned to use.

    The rumored creative teams were:

    Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp on Green Lantern
    Kelly Sue DeConnick on Aquaman
    Brian Azzarello on Suicide Squad
    David Walker on a Flash title (but not the main Flash title, which they said would remain with Williamson)

    Additionally, they said that Matt Fraction was considering doing a Jimmy Olsen book, but that plan fell through.

    Since then they've also posted rumors about G. Willow Wilson taking over Wonder Woman and Peter Tomasi taking over Detective Comics.

    When the rumors were first revealed, some were excited and some were skeptical. Some said the rumors couldn't be trusted because it was from Bleeding Cool, forgetting that one thing Bleeding Cool has a very good track record of is predicting upcoming creative teams (ex. stating Greg Rucka would be returning to Wonder Woman for Rebirth, which...who could have predicted). However, since these rumors were first announced, G. Willow Wilson has been confirmed to take over Wonder Woman, a big Green Lantern announcement is said to be forthcoming, and Kelly Sue DeConnick was seen at the DC Writer's Summit. Since all these other rumors seem to be coming to pass, the idea of a Walker Flash-related title could be well in the cards as well. Granted, things can change and it is always possible that even if a Walker Flash book was planned at some point, the plan could have changed.
    Interesting, now I vaguely remember something like that. I don't want to get my hopes up...but at the same time I'm hoping for the best.

    Edit:Also thanks for taking so much time to explain to me.
    Last edited by TheSupernaut; 07-11-2018 at 08:46 PM.

  4. #5434
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    At this point, there is no real reason not to believe the Walker rumors. G. Willow Wilson has now been confirmed on to be on Wonder Woman, the Grant Morrison on Green Lantern rumor has gotten a lot of traction, and Kelly Sue DeConnick (who is rumored to be taking over Aquaman) was at the DC Writer's Summit. There is a very good chance the rumors about Walker are also correct.
    They also reported that DC were planning another Crisis-level event that may reboot the universe. spoilers:
    That one seems very true with the references to CoIE and the sey up of people being able to pick and choose continuity to create a new world using HYPERTIME.
    end of spoilers
    My babies: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Bucky Barnes, Jamie Madrox, Cyclops, Kate Bishop, Stargirl, Jay Garrick, Jon Kent, Booster Gold, Richard Rider, Kyle Rayner, Tinya Wazzo, Magik, Thor

    Monthlies:
    Batman, Detective Comics, Doomsday Clock, The Flash, Heroes in Crisis, Justice League, Mister Miracle
    Avengers, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Old Man Hawkeye, Venom
    Animosity, Lucy Dreaming, Snotgirl

    Trade-waiting: Black Panther, Daredevil, Old Man Logan, Relay, Saga

  5. #5435
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,544

    Default

    I get the feeling we won't see the Wally book announced until a few issues into Heroes in Crisis, and Wally will go directly from the last issue into his ongoing the following month (or even the same month).

    And I bet it will probably involve Linda. Like, he decided to try and bring back her memories again after Heroes in Crisis.
    My babies: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Bucky Barnes, Jamie Madrox, Cyclops, Kate Bishop, Stargirl, Jay Garrick, Jon Kent, Booster Gold, Richard Rider, Kyle Rayner, Tinya Wazzo, Magik, Thor

    Monthlies:
    Batman, Detective Comics, Doomsday Clock, The Flash, Heroes in Crisis, Justice League, Mister Miracle
    Avengers, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Old Man Hawkeye, Venom
    Animosity, Lucy Dreaming, Snotgirl

    Trade-waiting: Black Panther, Daredevil, Old Man Logan, Relay, Saga

  6. #5436
    Mighty Member Waterfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,430

    Default

    Everything I've read from Walker ranges from mediocre to bad. Partly why I'm not excited about it at all.

    A Wally or Flash family book is a must at this point, I don't know how long DC wants to sleep on the potential.

    I know the old editor said it was mostly due to Wally & Barry being "too similar" but Flash War drew the lines perfectly, let Barry have wider Doctor Who-esque adventures while Wally gets a more grounded, relationship oriented series.

  7. #5437
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    31,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Everything I've read from Walker ranges from mediocre to bad. Partly why I'm not excited about it at all.
    I enjoyed his Power Man and Iron Fist. If he can inject the fun and energy of that run into a Flash book, I think it'd be pretty solid .

  8. #5438
    Mighty Member Waterfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,430

    Default

    https://www.cbr.com/josh-williamson-...r-interview/2/

    ... We’re going to get through a lot in the next issues, which are going to explore a little bit of the new course — it’s all about Wally and what Wally is going through, post-war. I don’t think it’s secret what’s happening with Wally after this, and what book he’s going into — so you can, you know, you can fill in the blanks. Then, [Flash] #52 through 57 are all about the new Forces and realizing how dangerous they are.

    At the end of “Flash War,” Hunter Zolomon is still out there, he’s still at large. What’s next for him? And what’s next for Wally and Barry?

    Hunter has a plan. Hunter has a lot of stuff he needs to do and that’ll all be explored — It’ll be a while, though, because I really want to focus on some other stuff in the book. And I think moving forward with Barry especially — Barry’s still the Flash but right now, but the stuff that I’m writing for him — it’s been gearing up for a really long time, trying to solidify who Barry is and what separates him from Wally.
    I think showing you different ideas of who the Flashes are is a big part of it. In #50, we see that Wally is the fastest man alive, but he got there because of Barry inspiring and motivating him. That says something about both characters, and that’s a testament to Barry, that he’s the character that inspires you. That’s what make him the Flash, that’s what separates him from everyone else.

    Before I let you go, can you tease anything we can expect to see coming up?

    Things are going to slow down a little bit with the new Forces arc coming up against everything but then, by issue 58, we’re just going to ramp up. I look at everything, and I’m like, “Oh, my God, this story is getting bigger and bigger.” The villain that we introduced at the end of 50, that’s going to be a big, big player. The quest for Barry to become the fastest man alive again will be a big part of the story.

  9. #5439
    Incredible Member TheSupernaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Twin Peaks
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/josh-williamson-...r-interview/2/

    ... We’re going to get through a lot in the next issues, which are going to explore a little bit of the new course — it’s all about Wally and what Wally is going through, post-war. I don’t think it’s secret what’s happening with Wally after this, and what book he’s going into — so you can, you know, you can fill in the blanks. Then, [Flash] #52 through 57 are all about the new Forces and realizing how dangerous they are.

    At the end of “Flash War,” Hunter Zolomon is still out there, he’s still at large. What’s next for him? And what’s next for Wally and Barry?

    Hunter has a plan. Hunter has a lot of stuff he needs to do and that’ll all be explored — It’ll be a while, though, because I really want to focus on some other stuff in the book. And I think moving forward with Barry especially — Barry’s still the Flash but right now, but the stuff that I’m writing for him — it’s been gearing up for a really long time, trying to solidify who Barry is and what separates him from Wally.
    I think showing you different ideas of who the Flashes are is a big part of it. In #50, we see that Wally is the fastest man alive, but he got there because of Barry inspiring and motivating him. That says something about both characters, and that’s a testament to Barry, that he’s the character that inspires you. That’s what make him the Flash, that’s what separates him from everyone else.

    Before I let you go, can you tease anything we can expect to see coming up?

    Things are going to slow down a little bit with the new Forces arc coming up against everything but then, by issue 58, we’re just going to ramp up. I look at everything, and I’m like, “Oh, my God, this story is getting bigger and bigger.” The villain that we introduced at the end of 50, that’s going to be a big, big player. The quest for Barry to become the fastest man alive again will be a big part of the story.
    Well Wally's time in the sun didn't last long. If he won't be able to be the fastest man alive, I'd rather he get a new identity, anything over having to hear the bad Barry fans gloat.

  10. #5440
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Who cares? If Barry does get the title again (and that is an assumption), then at someone else might take it. Barry, Wally, Jay, and Bart have all been the fastest man alive at one point and any of them could be again. None of them need it to be heroes or interesting characters. I swear this stupid Barry fan/Wally fan rivalry has really turned into one big dick measuring contest. It's tired and the point of this thread is to celebrate Wally, not bag on Barry. Move on.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Green Arrow, Super Sons, Titans, Teen Titans, Mister Miracle, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Raven: Daughter of Darkness, Man of Steel

    Image: Lazarus, Black Magick, Kill or Be Killed

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  11. #5441
    Incredible Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    831

    Default

    So the finale was ok. A little disappointing but not bad. I did like the event over all though.

    And of course Impulse being back is super exciting and I'm really happy about that. I hope they actually use him and he isn't just in the background.

    But my main thing is did this actually move Wally forward or change anything from the rut and stagnation he's been in the last two years.

    I think the answer to that is no. He still doesn't have any of his old life back or anything new added to build a new one. After over two years we're still in the same place.

    And it doesn't look like its getting any better with the cover to next issue. Looking like Wally is hanging up the boots for now. So after two years we got Wally moping around, giving up on Linda, getting a heart condition, dying, losing his team and his friends, getting temporal seizures, not being able to save his kids, falling out with Barry and finally it looks like he will give up being the Flash.

    Seems more like breaking him down even more rather than building him up.

    Am I missing something here?
    Favorite Heroes - Flash/Wally West, Superman, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Nightwing, Hawkman, Firestorm, Supergirl/Linda Danvers, Zatanna, Robin/Tim Drake.

    Current Comics Picking Up - Action Comics, Superman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan & the GLC, Flash, Hawkman.
    Bane Conquest, Mera, Brave and the Bold, The Terrifics.
    Go Go Power Rangers.

  12. #5442
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    So the finale was ok. A little disappointing but not bad. I did like the event over all though.

    And of course Impulse being back is super exciting and I'm really happy about that. I hope they actually use him and he isn't just in the background.

    But my main thing is did this actually move Wally forward or change anything from the rut and stagnation he's been in the last two years.

    I think the answer to that is no. He still doesn't have any of his old life back or anything new added to build a new one. After over two years we're still in the same place.

    And it doesn't look like its getting any better with the cover to next issue. Looking like Wally is hanging up the boots for now. So after two years we got Wally moping around, giving up on Linda, getting a heart condition, dying, losing his team and his friends, getting temporal seizures, not being able to save his kids, falling out with Barry and finally it looks like he will give up being the Flash.

    Seems more like breaking him down even more rather than building him up.

    Am I missing something here?
    Well, he has the memories, which he is embracing. He knows what he is missing in his life now, and that will allow him to pursue it more specifically. He has a clear goal in mind whereas before he was missing something he couldn't really name. We'll get to see where his head is at more in the next issue.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Green Arrow, Super Sons, Titans, Teen Titans, Mister Miracle, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Raven: Daughter of Darkness, Man of Steel

    Image: Lazarus, Black Magick, Kill or Be Killed

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  13. #5443
    Incredible Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    831

    Default

    So I guess the continuation of this continues in issue #58. I guess I'll check back in then.

    Although I am getting sick of an event not actually resolving anything but just teasing and leading into the next event.

    Also I really hope that isn't Superboy Prime at the end and that we're getting Infinite Crisis the sequel. Bad enough we're already getting Identity Crisis the sequel.

    Lord it's like reliving the (worst of the) 2000's.
    Favorite Heroes - Flash/Wally West, Superman, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Nightwing, Hawkman, Firestorm, Supergirl/Linda Danvers, Zatanna, Robin/Tim Drake.

    Current Comics Picking Up - Action Comics, Superman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan & the GLC, Flash, Hawkman.
    Bane Conquest, Mera, Brave and the Bold, The Terrifics.
    Go Go Power Rangers.

  14. #5444
    Incredible Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Well, he has the memories, which he is embracing. He knows what he is missing in his life now, and that will allow him to pursue it more specifically. He has a clear goal in mind whereas before he was missing something he couldn't really name. We'll get to see where his head is at more in the next issue.
    So before he knew he was just missing Linda and now he knows he's also missing his kids and friends?

    Doesn't really sound like much progression to me.
    Favorite Heroes - Flash/Wally West, Superman, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Nightwing, Hawkman, Firestorm, Supergirl/Linda Danvers, Zatanna, Robin/Tim Drake.

    Current Comics Picking Up - Action Comics, Superman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan & the GLC, Flash, Hawkman.
    Bane Conquest, Mera, Brave and the Bold, The Terrifics.
    Go Go Power Rangers.

  15. #5445
    Incredible Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/josh-williamson-...r-interview/2/

    CBR: So I have to ask about Bart. The Force Wall broke, and that’s where he’s coming back from, we know that much, but where is he fitting into the whole picture? Does anyone remember him? He hasn’t actually been acknowledged yet as far as the people having these temporal seizures are concerned. Now that he’s back, will people know who he is?

    Joshua Williamson: I can’t really get into that too much, because it’s stuff that hasn’t been announced yet, but there’s a very big plan. I can probably give you my answer next month, but I can’t talk about it yet. That was the thing about timing this the way that we did. I wanted to make sure that it was actually something that would surprise people. That meant doing it a little bit in advance.
    Sounds like Young Justice will be announced in the next few weeks at least. That's pretty exciting.
    Favorite Heroes - Flash/Wally West, Superman, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Nightwing, Hawkman, Firestorm, Supergirl/Linda Danvers, Zatanna, Robin/Tim Drake.

    Current Comics Picking Up - Action Comics, Superman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan & the GLC, Flash, Hawkman.
    Bane Conquest, Mera, Brave and the Bold, The Terrifics.
    Go Go Power Rangers.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •