Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Ultimate FF, #2

"PALACE OF THE BRINE" (PART 1 of 2)
    • A lavish vacation spot for the super-rich suddenly goes dark, with hundreds missing...
    • And the only suspect is an old frenemy of the FANTASTIC FOUR
    • Meanwhile, the truth of the team's mysterious fourth member spells doom for another member of the team!

Full article here.

I'm really liking Ultimate Doom in this preview

The art is very interesting. It's like some 2010ish neo-1960s comics art. So is the action in fact as well.

That art is something else. Reminds me of Jae Lee, just with more detail in the background.
    Pull List DC: Earth 2, Action Comics, Justice League, Batman, Green Lantern, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman/Superman, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Batman And, New 52 Futures End, Batman Eternal, Secret Origins
    Pull List Marvel: Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man, The Punisher, Daredevil, Ultimate FF, Fantastic Four

Not a fan of the artwork. It feels too concept art/rough draft for my liking.

I can see why the art's a problem for some people, but I'm loving it. Some of the faces are a bit dodgy I'll admit, but the line work is spectacular.

Doom & Namor strangling together is unintentionally a bit hilarious looking, the exposition is a bit bland but it's done in a way of a fun converse so props for that.

Looking good Fialkov! Like how it jumps straight to the next mission.
    "I'm not always hooked on a feeling but when i am, i'm high on believing!" My Blog!

I like where the story is going but that art is...an acquired taste. Someone above me compared it to Jae Lee's style. I love Jae Lee. I buy books specifically because he is drawing them. I do not see similarities. I feel as if I'm coming across too rough though, it's not the worst I've seen it's just jarring and unexpected. Maybe it's because when I picture Ultimate Namor I still see Greg Land's version. This is a big step from that. Overall definitely looking forward to this, I can't wait to here how "dead is dead" is broken by Fialkov.
    Bring back Ultimate Wolverine....again

Hasn't Fialkov told us enough times that the Ultimatum Doom was someone else?

We can all thank Jeph Loeb for that. :b
    "I'm not always hooked on a feeling but when i am, i'm high on believing!" My Blog!

Love it! I love how JHF is going through answering questions and fixing continuity. Art is too rough for my liking but I will put up with that for the story

They should just put JHF on any story after Loeb has finished with it to fix the errors and make it good again
    I'm with the douche!

Like the showdown and the potential fixes to continuity. But that art is almost a deal breaker.

Man, this book is great, and this looks like no exception. It's a shame the sales are so low. The art's really growing on me, though I'm not sure it's the best fit for a FF book. It seems like something that could be really great on a gritty Batman or Daredevil story, but it works fine here. Most importantly, Fialkov is showing once again that he's the UU master.

Can't wait.

Looks amazing still. I really hope we can grow these sales numbers.

Having both Namor and Doom back is completely awesome, especially since we are referencing Marvel Zombies. I hope this series does really well, and I can't wait to see more of Ultimate Universe join this team.

Really liking the writing on this book, but I'm finding the art a struggle to get on with. (Characters' faces are the main thing that I focus on in comic art, and the inconsistency from panel to panel is pretty jarring.) I hope it's not a deal-breaker for too many people, though - I definitely want to see where this story is heading.