Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Tieri Gets "Savage" With Wolverine, Explores Black Knight's "Original Sins"

Writer Frank Tieri returns to Marvel with two stories exploring the history of Wolverine in Al Capone's time and Black Knight's hidden secrets.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Writer Frank Tieri returns to Marvel with two stories exploring the history of Wolverine in Al Capone's time and Black Knight's hidden secrets.

Full article here.
    I am really looking forward to the Black Knight story. Frank is just the guy to get the Black Knight back into the Marvel Universe.

Agreed. It turns out I'm a sucker for cool helmets. If I can get Black Knight and Rich Rider from this event in some prominent role it would be worth it.

Excited about the Black Knight story. I agree with Tieri 100% about BK and Hercules. I would love to see a BK & Hercules series ala Power Man & Iron Fist.

A dark ages legacy knight teamed up with a demi-god! They are already good friends. I would also love to see a scene where Dane takes Herc to a Red Sox game and Herc wears a Yanks cap.

Love that art.

It looks like Savage Steel is merrily skipping thru an alley with a sachelful of stolen money.

Frank Tieri is an awesome writer. I would work with him again in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorionthei View Post
    Excited about the Black Knight story. I agree with Tieri 100% about BK and Hercules. I would love to see a BK & Hercules series ala Power Man & Iron Fist.

A dark ages legacy knight teamed up with a demi-god! They are already good friends. I would also love to see a scene where Dane takes Herc to a Red Sox game and Herc wears a Yanks cap.
    Yeah, I would love to see that. They were both on the Avengers when I started reading (the Harras/Epting years) and quickly became favourites. I was a big fan of the idea if them being drinking buddies that cropped up in a couple of those issues. I think it would sell as well.
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

I really like these old crime stories they have been telling in Savage Wolverine. I think Wolverine works best when his stories are either hardboiled crime or black ops military.

Also I'm a fan of Black Knight but I wish they had kept the leather jacket and jeans he wore in MI:13.

Raffaele Ienco, your art looks fantastic. Can't wait to see it in the issue!

Anyone knows if the Black Knight story will be told in just the one issue, "Original Sins" #2? If so I'll pick it up off the rack...
    Last edited by havok1977; 05-16-2014 at 08:34 AM.
    AvP|Hellboy|Magnus RF|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fade Out|Lazarus|Low|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Zero|Valiant
    Batman|FuturesEnd|GreenLantern+Corps|JL|RedLantern s|Sinestro|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|Daredevil|Magneto|Thor|X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele Ienco View Post
    Frank Tieri is an awesome writer. I would work with him again in a heartbeat.
    Looks great. I'll watch for your name now.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Anyone knows if the Black Knight story will be told in just the one issue, "Original Sins" #2? If so I'll pick it up off the rack...
    I believe so. I think the format of each issue is half a Young Avengers story which is in every issue, and half another character in a story that finishes in that issue.

Does Wolverine have metal claws in the 20's? Or should he have bone claws? I admit to being a bit lost on Logan-lore at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Does Wolverine have metal claws in the 20's? Or should he have bone claws? I admit to being a bit lost on Logan-lore at this point.
    Even if it was never actually set in stone, it was my understanding that the Adamantium bonding process as told in the classic Weapon X mini by Barry Windsor-Smith took place sometime in the 1960s/70s. And AFAIK its one of those things that is not affected by Marvel's sliding timescale.

AvP|Hellboy|Magnus RF|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fade Out|Lazarus|Low|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Zero|Valiant
    Batman|FuturesEnd|GreenLantern+Corps|JL|RedLantern s|Sinestro|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|Daredevil|Magneto|Thor|X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Even if it was never actually set in stone, it was my understanding that the Adamantium bonding process as told in the classic Weapon X mini by Barry Windsor-Smith took place sometime in the 1960s/70s. And AFAIK its one of those things that is not affected by Marvel's sliding timescale.

I don't know about that. He definitely shouldn't have metal claws in the 20's but my understanding of Wolverine's past was that once Weapon X gave him his adamantium and he escaped he was running in the forest until James and Heather Hudson found him and helped him recover his humanity and then James Hudson recruited him into Department H and proto Alpha Flight team? If that really is how it happened then his adamantium bonding process must be affected by the sliding timescale. Because otherwise he spent decades in the forest after the process until he was found by Hudson since Hudsons are still young in the present. That wouldn't be impossible but there's also the problem that the Professor from Weapon X also appeared in the present and he was already old during Weapon X project so him still being alive in the present would be unlikely if the original experiment was done in the 60's or 70's