Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: Johns, Romita & Janson Introduce The Machinist in "Superman" #34

A mysterious new villain debuts in "Superman" #34, and CBR has the exclusive first look at the solicitation copy and cover!

Full article here.

What the heck would a Robot/Robot-Builder want with the Daily Planet?

Cartridges for his ink-jet printer. The damned things are so expensive.

Great to see Clark and investigate in the same sentence. Wonder if the Machinist plays a role in creating the Robot Superman for #35

I don't like the cover or JRJr's art in general, I just hope the story is compelling enough to the point that the art won't bother me.

BANNED

That's pretty bad, even for JRJR. I'm recalling Mark Bagely jumping to DC and doing some of the worst art he's ever done.

Machinist, eh?

I can't help but think that this is the machinist a lot of fans wanted Superman to fight on the big screen:

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Machinist, eh?

I can't help but think that this is the machinist a lot of fans wanted Superman to fight on the big screen:

I came in to make a Bale reference. I leave highly satisfied, digital high five!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

This art is awful lol

I'm not sure why dc and marvel have a hard on for or it's jr, he's ard is just pure lazy. I'm not sure if that's even considered a style

I love JRJR, I met him once at a signing and he was a legit dude. And his art is amazing, IMHO. After reading the preview In the back of SM/WW this month, I am so sold on this book. Cant wait til next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post

This art is awful lol
    Cropped like that, it looks like a slightly more detailed Superman Family Adventures.
    Last edited by Jadeb; 05-18-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    I'm not sure why dc and marvel have a hard on for or it's jr, he's ard is just pure lazy. I'm not sure if that's even considered a style
    Marvel and DC love JRJR because he's one of the hardest working guys in the business and he keeps his work coming out on time. His pencils are pretty distinct but the casting of Klaus Janson as JRJR's inker for Superman is probably a bad one. Yes, they've teamed up for amazing work on Punisher and Wolverine but I feel a set of fresh eyes is needed for the Superman run. Someone talented, who hasn't inked JRJR before, would bring new life, add their own take, and fix the errors, making JRJR's look better, more consistent from panel-to-panel and refreshed. Klaus Janson, while highly-regarded in the business, has made JRJR look rushed in certain panels. Man, do I wish Al Williamson were alive. He'd be perfect.

Looking forward to this.

I'm usually not too big on JRJR's art but it looks alright from the preview's, I'll give it a shot at least and hey maybe I'll maybe warm up to it