Page 589 of 589 FirstFirst ... 89489539579585586587588589
Results 8,821 to 8,832 of 8832
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Nice to see Marvel interview Matt about the show. I was thinking today that I wish they would do something like that, seeing as how they do it for the other Marvel shows.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    LOVE this! Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Nice to see Marvel interview Matt about the show. I was thinking today that I wish they would do something like that, seeing as how they do it for the other Marvel shows.

Thanks Soulsword323 too in gif by robertcondol

Ultimate Member

Yes, The Gifted was really sort of blackballed in terms of interviews and other promotion this season by Marvel Entertainment. I suspect it was $ upfront for any advertising that did happen in regard to Marvel for the show. But, the success of it and other factors I did think would change that. The finale is certainly going to be helpful for Nix when it comes to budget issues.

I think Marvel Entertainment will be more helpful as well.

Capturing live viewers interest better will be something they will have to work on next season as Fox TV is doing better now then it has in a number of years so more competition and higher expectations.

Battle of the sexes next season? And, perhaps over something worth fighting for.
    Last edited by jmc247; Yesterday at 05:31 PM.

My tandem of Mutant MUSES Heroine Addict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's just a shame so many people on CBR are perfectly fine, in some cases even gushing with support, with Dreamer's death having been written as poorly as Polaris was written by Marvel for decades. Guess it's to be expected that most people would behave that way the second they no longer have to worry about what might happen to their personal favorite somewhere down the road.

What I'm saying is, it's hard for me to be enthusiastic about Gifted when the response has been watching some people (not you, but some around here) taking the "got mine, f you" philosophy to mistakes made with other characters at the same time good things are happening for Lorna. Basically undercuts all the times I've tried to encourage fans of other characters to give Lorna a shot, because why should they bother doing it if their favorites getting screwed over will be met with indifference or enthusiasm in return? They're right to be resistant.
    I will be the first to admit that I'm not immune to the actions & reactions of other fans, sullying my view of things. Matter of fact, as much as I've tried to not let it happen, I've even found myself liking some characters quite a bit less because of it. That's why I'm REALLY glad IvX is over, as it only served to further toxify an already tense enough situation. I feel bad for the Inhumans' most ardent supporters, 'cause they ended up gettin' a raw deal pretty much, and it almost seems like they were set up to fail. To be otherwise, would show a lack of empathy & basic, meaningful understanding, IMO. And tho I may not believe as strongly about something as another might, I try to make an effort to get why they do most the time, I think.

The only thing I can say, to perhaps better deal with all that, is to keep remaining hopeful. But, don't ever count on it as a sure thing, 'cause then you'll likely end up disappointed. More often than not, I suspect. I also think when ya perceive you've had it bad for a real long while, and then finally catch a break, it may be kinda hard to sympathize & "put yourself in someone else's shoes". Unfortunately, our own individual eXperiences & interactions, sometimes dictate how we conduct ourselves in similar situations thereafter. You're not wrong tho, selfishness & the mindset of giving as good as you get, are more prevalent than ever. Like I said, I've fallen prey to it myself, so I'm not pointing fingers. The only thing we can do, is try to be better ourselves, and not let life's lil' misfortunes get us down.

Maybe, hopefully , while never ever forgetting... in time, you'll find yourself being more forgiving 'bout what happened with Dreamer. I'd rather it wouldn't of happened as well, but it did, and I've begrudgingly had to accept it. Mostly by not thinking about it, TBH, but I digress. Best prognosis for the future, is more pros than cons, 'cause there's ALWAYS gonna be both. The Gifted was REAL good, consistently, after that fateful episode. The best it was all season, easily, in fact. So I hope ya find it in your BIG ol' 💚 to give it another chance, and that you're pleasantly surprised, so you can come back & join the party. Either way tho, I'll never think worse of ya, only try to relate & offer an intuitively appropriate response.
    My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler
    BlinkFrenzyCeCe ReyesDani MOONSTAR Jean Grey/PhoeniX

THE GiFTED 💚 NewMUTANTS 💙 X-Men:D.P
    X-Men:BLUE ♦ PhoeniX RESURRECTION
    😍

Too cute! Love Eclaris. Thanks again for finding, and posting this, juan!

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Battle of the sexes next season? And, perhaps over something worth fighting for.
    It's going to be interesting for sure. They've done a good job building the connections throughout the course of the season, with Lorna and Marcos, Andy and his family, and Sage leaving seem to really hurt the Underground as well. A lot of conflicted emotions that are going to be really fun to watch unfold.

Who is generally considered the best Polaris writer? I mean besides Claremont that is

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Who is generally considered the best Polaris writer? I mean besides Claremont that is
    Just limiting the question to the comics here is the way I will put it.

What run pulled no punches, respected her history and didn't try to diffuse responsibility or pass off responsibility for what the character believed and did? What run encapsulated Lorna's whole history and tried to build new relationships for the character with mainstays along with building upon all the major old ones? What run was willing to unabashedly piss on the sacred cows in regard to Lorna’s old bad depictions rather then paying them homage?

Alot of runs did various good things with Lorna. But, this run Lorna was willing to make the hard calls and one where fans could imagine her playing power politics and debating with the x-books greats and where Lorna was introspecting on who she is and what she wants from her life as well as questioning her preconceived notions.
    Last edited by jmc247; Today at 08:37 AM.

Ultimate Member

‘Eclipse’ responds to the picture.

Sean Teale: “Hey babe you know you never told me.. what was your dads name again?” thegiftedonfox @marvel foxtv

Anyway, I wondered how the lack of naming him would go with the millions of casual fans.

Lorna is the daughter of Magneto right?

I have a huge gut feeling that Polaris is Magneto's daughter #TheGifted

A cool picture Marvel posted for their interview with Matt.

Ultimate Member

A cool picture Marvel posted for their interview with Matt.
    That is a great picture, it was clear she didn’t take too kindly at all to having her judgement questioned again by Eclipse after dropping the telephone pole in front of them. He wasn’t putting anything into any kind of prospective as if she wanted she could have just started flinging the cars off the road by that point or crunching them.

Now when Hellfire starts trying to infiltrate the elite of human political and economic systems to change the system and the Underground interferes... well drama.
    Last edited by jmc247; Today at 10:22 AM.

fanart by mirenige.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I will be the first to admit that I'm not immune to the actions & reactions of other fans, sullying my view of things. Matter of fact, as much as I've tried to not let it happen, I've even found myself liking some characters quite a bit less because of it. That's why I'm REALLY glad IvX is over, as it only served to further toxify an already tense enough situation. I feel bad for the Inhumans' most ardent supporters, 'cause they ended up gettin' a raw deal pretty much, and it almost seems like they were set up to fail. To be otherwise, would show a lack of empathy & basic, meaningful understanding, IMO. And tho I may not believe as strongly about something as another might, I try to make an effort to get why they do most the time, I think.

The only thing I can say, to perhaps better deal with all that, is to keep remaining hopeful. But, don't ever count on it as a sure thing, 'cause then you'll likely end up disappointed. More often than not, I suspect. I also think when ya perceive you've had it bad for a real long while, and then finally catch a break, it may be kinda hard to sympathize & "put yourself in someone else's shoes". Unfortunately, our own individual eXperiences & interactions, sometimes dictate how we conduct ourselves in similar situations thereafter. You're not wrong tho, selfishness & the mindset of giving as good as you get, are more prevalent than ever. Like I said, I've fallen prey to it myself, so I'm not pointing fingers. The only thing we can do, is try to be better ourselves, and not let life's lil' misfortunes get us down.

Maybe, hopefully , while never ever forgetting... in time, you'll find yourself being more forgiving 'bout what happened with Dreamer. I'd rather it wouldn't of happened as well, but it did, and I've begrudgingly had to accept it. Mostly by not thinking about it, TBH, but I digress. Best prognosis for the future, is more pros than cons, 'cause there's ALWAYS gonna be both. The Gifted was REAL good, consistently, after that fateful episode. The best it was all season, easily, in fact. So I hope ya find it in your BIG ol' �� to give it another chance, and that you're pleasantly surprised, so you can come back & join the party. Either way tho, I'll never think worse of ya, only try to relate & offer an intuitively appropriate response.
    I mean, obviously I'm glad Lorna is getting spread among the general populace, and I still think Lorna herself was written the best she has in a while on the show. However, I can't exactly be excited given what's lost in the shuffle. Kinda hard to be all "My kid won this competition, yay!" when that victory is in part because one of the other kids died horribly and painfully during it, and everyone seems to think my kid winning is more important than what this other kid who died went through.

I'm just pretty sick in general of seeing people defend things that are wrong just cause they think doing so benefits something else they like more, or keeping quiet on issues they have with the way Lorna or other characters are treated because they think they're being strategic and smart by letting it get to a breaking point before they'll say anything. I'm sick of seeing selfishness and songs and dances out of people who should know better, and who should care about not doing to others what was done to them. I'm sick of defending and supporting people who take things I do and the barbs I've taken for granted. I'm sick of things being read into comments I make that aren't there, me apologizing when it should be the other way around, and then going through it all over again. I'm especially sick of how I'm the guy who calls things out when nobody else will, I get the personal attacks for daring to say something, I have to be more vocal because everyone else is trying to be all "strategic" and whatnot, then months go by and suddenly everyone else is ready to call it out while conveniently forgetting what I did and got put through for actually saying something when they wouldn't.

Dreamer's death was awful, but it was also the start of so much else coming out of the woodworks. After the past couple months, I don't think I can blame anyone around here for being resistant to Lorna getting more of a presence or more opportunities than what they saw in the 90s or earlier. I understand why Emma Frost fans didn't want Lorna's history with Genosha acknowledged with New Tian events going on. If the shoe was on the other foot, they couldn't expect Lorna fans on here to support them, so why should they give what they'll never get?

I could go on forever about all of this, but the short of it is that I expected better out of basically every party involved. I don't want to discuss or argue about any of what I've said in this post, I'm just saying things I need to say and should have said sooner.

For the record, none of this applies to you, Heroine. Also none of this affects whether or not I'll post pictures, news or whatever to this thread. I just expect anything I say of substance will be blown off until it's too late to matter, and I won't get a smidgen of credit for trying to do something when it mattered.
    Last edited by salarta; Today at 05:50 PM.
    My real thoughts on ongoing Marvel activity and comics can be found at my Tumblr. I can also be reached on Twitter.