Page 482 of 489 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 7335

Polaris and Quicksilver music video.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-10-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Another favorite moment of mine from last night. I so appreciated them revealing she dyed her hair, much like she did in the comics. I remember Polaris fans saying that the show could be going down this route, but were brushed off because it was Fox. I'm glad the naysayers have been silenced.

Also, gotta love that attitude of just owning the reveal too.
    This scene was everything! It was not just comic accurate but also seemed like the birth of Polaris <3

Invincible Member

Also at the risk of coming across as a stereotypical "dude," she looked really good in that shower scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also at the risk of coming across as a stereotypical "dude," she looked really good in that shower scene.
    The internet comments have been...

Wow, #Polaris is maybe the most stunning character on TV right now

https://twitter.com/Gettysburg7/stat...50995267506176
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-11-2017 at 11:19 AM.

My tandem of Mutant MUSES Heroine Addict's Avatar

Such a winning moment. And visually, the imagery, it's very... anime, to me, with an almost... "Ghost in the Shell"-ish (?), feel & quality, to it. IDK, maybe it's just me, but anyway... I'm with everybody else - I LOVED IT!!!

Gotta give credit to director Len Wiseman, AND the writers, I was REALLY impressed with this episode. SO much so, that the rewatchability factor has been MASSIVE!
    My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler
    BlinkFrenzyCeCe ReyesDani MOONSTAR Jean Grey/PhoeniX

THE GiFTED 💚 NewMUTANTS 💙 X-Men:D.P
    X-Men:BLUE ♦ PhoeniX RESURRECTION
    😍

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Ironically for someone with my background, what I liked most about the scene is something I said in one of my tweets on Twitter: it's fun imagining the dye washing out is actually the blood of her enemies.

And yeah, it was a great scene that for once seemed like it actually had a good reason for being shot. A lot of stuff out there has a tendency to throw in a shower scene just for the sex appeal and then make an excuse to justify it. I can think of a scenario where it washes out outside in the rain instead, but there's a give and take between what each type of scene offers in that situation. Not as much closeness and spectacle outside with distance between people vs inside close quarters.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the shower scene ends up being one of the show's most defining moments.
    My real thoughts on ongoing Marvel activity and comics can be found at my Tumblr. I can also be reached on Twitter.

My real thoughts on ongoing Marvel activity and comics can be found at my Tumblr. I can also be reached on Twitter.

The Gifted writers posted this on Twitter. Don't know if it was posted yet or not, but regardless, a picture of Emma with her mutant inhibitor collar.

juan678 posted this in the Magnus family thread, and I didn't see it. Oops. Still a pretty picture.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 10-12-2017 at 09:55 AM.

she's the best thing about that show. I'd love to see her end up on the big screen

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    she's the best thing about that show. I'd love to see her end up on the big screen
    You and me both. I think the characters popularity will only grow significantly over coming months and years to make such a thing possible. The character has over 49 years of source of material to work with and it doesn't take much as the show manages to do to create a better modernized spin on it.

In more near term news it will be interesting to see exactly what the key is to Lorna's final escape. Its pretty obvious she is trying to use pure willpower in the preview to overcome the collar. But, we also know she will still be in prison through the episode and perhaps four as well.

TheGiftedWriters: "[Polaris's] rings ... can be used as weapons. Her steel toed boots can be used for levitation.” More insight inside! #TheGifted

Full article below.

https://wizardworld.com/wizard/gifte...-mutant-series

Those rings could be quite the projectile tossed at people. It’s really a good idea for a street level Lorna.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Another favorite moment of mine from last night. I so appreciated them revealing she dyed her hair, much like she did in the comics. I remember Polaris fans saying that the show could be going down this route, but were brushed off because it was Fox. I'm glad the naysayers have been silenced.

Also, gotta love that attitude of just owning the reveal too.
    Fantastic scene, Dumont nailed it! Enjoyed the Polaris scenes and second episode on the whole. I don't have anything to complain about. I would say that this Lorna has thankfully come in with a sense of purpose and power, she's close to the Polaris we know in the comics as she is now, but I do look forward to more development as I became emotionally attached to Polaris in the comics through her slow development over the years into that stronger, more nuanced character.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    Fantastic scene, Dumont nailed it! Enjoyed the Polaris scenes and second episode on the whole. I don't have anything to complain about. I would say that this Lorna has thankfully come in with a sense of purpose and power, she's close to the Polaris we know in the comics as she is now, but I do look forward to more development as I became emotionally attached to Polaris in the comics through her slow development over the years into that stronger, more nuanced character.
    The sense of purpose is the biggest one and I think we are getting just the very tip of the iceberg into that and expect it to become much more pronounced in coming eps.

The power and skill will come as well, but it’s the purpose that gives it meaning.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The sense of purpose is the biggest one and I think we are getting just the very tip of the iceberg into that and expect it to become much more pronounced in coming eps.

The power and skill will come as well, but it’s the purpose that gives it meaning.
    Sounds intriguing! Well I look forward to seeing the show explore her background further!!
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187