Page 483 of 486 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486 LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 7278

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    Well I look forward to seeing the show explore her background further!!
    We may get some of that in the next episode in flashback. From interviews was orphaned early we don’t know how early nor how close they will follow the comics and the parentage issue will be answered soon by most interviews, but how they plan to do it is an open question.

I have some ideas on how to come up with an ad for the ep that would raise the ratings Mojo style. The ads have been too focused on the Strucker family drama which was supposed to be the hook, but it’s been a bit unwisely focused as this is in the end a genre show and the audience knows it so running from it doesn’t help.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-12-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    We may get some of that in the next episode in flashback. From interviews was orphaned early we don’t know how early nor how close they will follow the comics and the parentage issue will be answered soon by most interviews, but how they plan to do it is an open question.

I have some ideas on how to come up with an ad for the ep that would raise the ratings Mojo style. The ads have been too focused on the Strucker family drama which was supposed to be the hook, but it’s been a bit unwisely focused as this is in the end a genre show and the audience knows it so running from it doesn’t help.
    It sounds like an interesting way of approaching her background in that Magneto being her father hasn't totally been covered up?

The show does have alot of competition now! Always more that could be done to help it stand out. Early days still.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Really hope we get to see Lorna using her rings as weapons eventually. Sounds really cool. I also have to give it up to Louise and Cameron for the vibe they've created for Polaris. I'm really digging this punk rock/Gothic look they gave her. I think it fits her overall attitude, and makes her stand out even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    It sounds like an interesting way of approaching her background in that Magneto being her father hasn't totally been covered up?
    Well Magneto is gone along with the X-Men seemingly in the wake of the July 15th incident.

Emma has said Lorna doesn’t know Magneto, the implication is she only has heard rumors and conjecture about him. Though we just don’t yet.

The SS must have his DNA so one would think if this is based on the DoFP timeline it could be made into a rather big issue soon as they check it out.

The show does have alot of competition now! Always more that could be done to help it stand out. Early days still.
    They need to focus on what is working and what isn’t in terms of the promotion. I personally think the ads need to embrace more of the genre and edgy political side and less of the family friendly entertainment with superpowers.

If I were doing an ad I would do a video montage a few scenes like of DoFP Magneto flashback followed by a really nasty SS interrogation of Lorna about him. You do that you bring back quite a few genre fans and a good episode even if he doesn’t show up would probably add a half million to a million viewers.

Yes some of the audience might feel baited into unrealistic expectations, but that is part of promotion and a great episode would make up for that.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-12-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Really hope we get to see Lorna using her rings as weapons eventually. Sounds really cool. I also have to give it up to Louise and Cameron for the vibe they've created for Polaris. I'm really digging this punk rock/Gothic look they gave her. I think it fits her overall attitude, and makes her stand out even more.
    For a street level incipient revolutionary Lorna I can’t think of any other look that would fit.

I choose this avatar because it was Lorna helping lead a much more developed revolution against an oppressive anti-mutant state. She fought without powers with only her wits and gun for weeks. Sometimes the greatest strength comes from within and she really showed that then.

The Gifted Lorna is showing that as well as her powers are low so much so she is being mocked on a bunch of boards by fanboys for getting beat by cops and getting savagely beat down by prisoners. But, she has a real inner strength that means ones she builds up her skills watch out.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-12-2017 at 07:59 PM.

The Gifted Lorna is showing that as well as her powers are low so much so she is being mocked on a bunch of boards by fanboys for getting beat by cops and getting savagely beat down by prisoners. But, she has a real inner strength that means ones she builds up her skills watch out.
    I'd only really have a problem with Lorna being "weak" like this if it was in the comics or a direct representation of her 616 self in her current state. I see nothing wrong with it happening to Gifted version Polaris because it's clear she's young and just really starting to grasp her potential, which I think is intentional. Start her from a place where she has a lot of growth so viewers can follow her on that journey. Given everything Gifted is trying to do, where she's at is already great for her. She's not just learning how to lift a pin, or how to turn on a light bulb. She's stopping bullets, throwing cop cars around, and redirecting electricity, which is almost where Magneto was in the first X-Men film.
    My real thoughts on ongoing Marvel activity and comics can be found at my Tumblr. I can also be reached on Twitter.

50s Comicon New York Emma Dumont Polaris

Last edited by jmc247; 10-14-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Other Pic maybe Gifted 1x08?

Preview of Ep 3 with Lorna brought to you by Blink.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheGifted...773568/video/1

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Badass! Love these moments of Lorna pushing past the collar. Has me ever more excited for Monday to see how that pans out.

thanks jmc247

art by FUNKYHAZE

art by themoodycrab

My tandem of Mutant MUSES Heroine Addict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

art by FUNKYHAZE
    Stunning & X-quisite!! LOVED that moment, SO defining. In it, she OWNED her Mutancy, no apologies - thX, Juan! 💚💚💚
    My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler
    BlinkFrenzyCeCe ReyesDani MOONSTAR Jean Grey/PhoeniX

THE GiFTED 💚 NewMUTANTS 💙 X-Men:D.P
    X-Men:BLUE ♦ PhoeniX RESURRECTION
    😍

Linked to me by juan over on Tumblr.

http://www.cbr.com/x-men-marvel-hold.../4/?view=lista

Polaris has been a major part of the X-Men’s world for decades. We’ve seen her as Havok’s partner, Magneto’s daughter (you can always flip a coin to see if this has been retconned again lately), and as both a supervillain and a superhero across multiple teams. Her powerful magnetic abilities make her an intimidating foe, and the character is even enjoying some smallscreen spotlight now on the TV show The Gifted.

In Marvel Comics, though, the character is being really underutilized. She has popped up in what amounts to cameo appearances in X-Men Blue, but the truth is that she should be working alongside the X-Men or even headlining her own book. She’s got a rich history with multiple mutants, has worked alongside heroes and villains, and is an ultra-powerful mutant…what’s not to love?
    My real thoughts on ongoing Marvel activity and comics can be found at my Tumblr. I can also be reached on Twitter.