Page 520 of 520 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 7800

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Happy birthday to Emma! The Magneto was right pin, and the Polaris cover gift is so precious. It really is a joy to have someone so enthusiastic about the role. We are very lucky.
    Her enthusiasm is infectious.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ^ Hurray! You are back on the BLUE train, welcome aboard

Choo choo

Also I agree with you about comics. The thing is with older comics a lot of them is basically goofball filler but there are still a certain amount of nuggets that reveal core aspects to themes or personalities
    Yes, the comic she got as a gift is sort of case and point of that. It came out 49 years ago this month and it had some core themes for the character and identity issues and legacy issues that certainly play a role in The Gifted.

But, a hard core fan boy uber focused on continuity might get caught up on the reeds of 8 issues later the Magneto in the storyline was reveled to be a robot double supposedly made by Magneto and decide their is no important themes to be had which isn’t true as the storyline if one ignores the retcons is very much a late 60s fable about identity crisis and your parents wars and what you might want.

As for X-Men Blue 15 Bunn gets the emotional context of Magneto and Lorna at the moment who still in terms of comic time must be reeling as they got their guts ripped out with some of their most important relationships torn asunder for the moment and their big ideas of late haven’t panned out for either of them so it’s been a pull back and re-evaluate stage. We will see where that goes now that someone can no longer play dead.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-16-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ^ Hurray! You are back on the BLUE train, welcome aboard

Choo choo

Also I agree with you about comics. The thing is with older comics a lot of them is basically goofball filler but there are still a certain amount of nuggets that reveal core aspects to themes or personalities
    Blue is on a "probationary" relationship for me. One issue of good treatment for her does not offset all the bad treatment she's had in previous issues. It doesn't change how past issues ignored how her history with traumatic situations would affect her behavior to focus on making Magneto look good, and it doesn't change how her "big return" threw away everything she has to offer to build up Havok and Magneto.

I'm going to need to see several more issues of good treatment for Lorna before I trust Bunn enough to buy and read his work consistently. One time can be an outlier, or a little breadcrumb to ward off complaints before going back to business as usual. I need to see he's capable (both ability and willingness) of continuous good treatment for Lorna before I'm willing to buy and read books he's writing. I'm no longer in the mode of trusting his work enough to buy issues even if Lorna's not yet on the book or not part of the current story just to support him using her. I need to build back up to that point.

Here's the positive outcomes for my view of Bunn and Blue due to X-men Blue #15. I now think it's actually possible for Bunn to write her well in future issues because he did it this time. Lorna might not need to be taken off X-Men Blue, if this issue is the start of a positive direction change for her treatment on the book. Lastly, I had originally planned to directly ask certain people at Marvel to take her off the book if things hadn't changed with #15. I didn't do that because #15 did well by her.

As for the part about old comics revealing core aspects of characters, I echo jmc. Much of the good aspects of characterization for Lorna in the past couple decades come from looking at the sort of character she was intended to be (limits of culture of the time accounted for) and building on that. Too many writers have written her without that in mind.
    My real thoughts on ongoing Marvel activity and comics can be found at my Tumblr. I can also be reached on Twitter.

Last edited by juan678; Yesterday at 06:13 PM.

Lorna's powers will be going through a change according to Emma:

After this whole finding out she's pregnant thing, I call it mother's adrenaline sort of kicks in, so everything changes for her after that emotionally, which means her powers change because she's feeling more...but I think later on in the season, towards Episode 9, we actually see her powers totally change. It's almost like she's having a second manifestation of her powers. She had one when she was very young, and now it's almost like she's having a second one. And her powers change completely. She can do more things, she has different hand movements, she's stronger, she realizes she can do more. It's a whole transformation, and I'm excited to see what people think.
    https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...r-changes-soon

Curious to what will happen.

And she is nominated as part of the Cine awards for best breakout actress.

Last edited by jmc247; Yesterday at 08:57 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Interesting although to repeat, not a fan of her being preg to begin with

"Different hand movements" kind of made me lol a bit too

But yeah she could use some upgrading, that scene in ep 4 when she could do nothing due to a damn plastic barrier was cringe
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

I am going to assume for now that it’s a evolutionary step from the metal bending so far into the realm of effecting things on other levels like the electrical we we saw a very tiny bit of and she talked about.

There is a chance it could be something totally unique, but I am betting right now when she says she realizes she can do more it’s more then metal bend and when she does metal bend can effect things on a much wider level. To this point Lorna couldn’t take down or raise a well built house.
    Last edited by jmc247; Today at 10:08 AM.

Mighty Member

Whatever it is..it's postitive..they won't let her go wormholes yet but she is the difference maker on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Whatever it is..it's postitive..they won't let her go wormholes yet but she is the difference maker on the show.
    Well she has a far ways to go from metal manipulation on a very short range to anything akin to modern comic Lorna. One of the reasons fans are intrigued by her so far is since ep 4 she does use the power she does has have with limited restraint making her effective.

The self confidence and total conviction that what she does is right is the key along with Emma’s acting.

Caroline: This show needs a lot more Polaris, the ease with which she uses her powers and the confidence she exhibits in every situation is everything #TheGifted

https://mobile.twitter.com/cb104/sta...64641892179969

Oh hell am I excited by this news. Sounds like she'll go from flinging cars around and levitating to being a full-blown major force of nature that Sentinel Services is not prepared for.
    My real thoughts on ongoing Marvel activity and comics can be found at my Tumblr. I can also be reached on Twitter.

Yeah, I'm taking this as Polaris will probably expand her control over the electromagnetic spectrum. Very much looking forward to the expansion of her abilities, and how they'll be used from here on out.

Hi Mr Bunn. First let me say, I love all your work. I simply have to ask you about Polaris. Are we going to see a little past story of Polaris? Not that we don't know anything about her or her past, but like a few hints as to where she ended up after her last days in Secret Wars? Thank you.

cullen Bunn Hmmm. More about her past? That’s some interesting territory. I guess right now my answer is… MAYBE? I’d love to dig into that. She features VERY heavily in future issues, so we’ll see if there’s some ways to make that happen.

Cullen, my man, you're doing fantastic with your books. I love everything about your writing. The issue of today was fantastic. I love how you brought Polaris with her "Malice" costume same with Magneto. The fact that they're going to fight Apocalypse it's intriguing. I always have considered you the best writer for my 2 favorite characters, which is Magneto and Polaris. I'll give your book a 10/10. Have you been seeing the Gifted? Polaris is such remarkable just like you're doing with her.

I’m glad you like what’s going on. LOTS more Polaris and Magneto coming up. I have not watched The Gifted, but I have them all waiting on my DVR.

Magneto ever love the Maximoff twins? Between his condemnation of Wanda for No More Mutants and his many attempts to murder Pietro for breathing too loudly, it wouldn't seem like it. But he still think about them, and even has pictures of them as kids, so maybe he did and was just a shitty father???

I think he loved them, but Magneto just never really had a good grasp of how to show that love. And, yeah, he’s simply a terrible dad.

Are we going to see Emma and Havok anytime soon?

Yes. Lots of Emma and Havok.

Thoughts on a Polaris-Prestige team up book entitled X-Men: Shitty Parents?

Sounds more like a band they may start. Wolverine’s kids can be part of it, too.
    Last edited by juan678; Today at 11:38 AM.

Yeah, I'm taking this as Polaris will probably expand her control over the electromagnetic spectrum. Very much looking forward to the expansion of her abilities, and how they'll be used from here on out.
    Ep 9 from the sound of it is the first offensive operation they have undertaken that goes beyond trying to hide or save captured comrades. They are going to try to break in SS HQ not a small prison convoy.

T-Bird and some of the others are likely to be reluctant. But, I suspect Lorna and Dreamers agenda may plan on trying to be more expansive to not just free some Mutants, but to shut down the Hound program.

They are getting to the point where it’s hard to not see there start to be a divide between a defensive undertaking of hiding and at times taking the SS down a peg vs trying to in Lorna’s words, ‘playing for keeps’ will start rearing it’s head.

I have the feeling if ep 8 is a home run or not and we have three days to find out it seems ep 9 is very much on the surface in the mold of ep 4 with a bigger undertaking and they executed four very well which for me was the best episode since the pilot.