Super Moderator

Default "Big Hero 6" Reveals Logo, Teases Trailer on May 22

Disney has released the first teaser image for its "Big Hero 6" animated feature, which includes a logo and teases an upcoming trailer.

Full article here.

I am really looking forward to this for some reason. Maybe because there's so little baggage, it has an air of "newness" that a lot of comic book adaptations don't have. Maybe it's that the world really has opened up to our little corner of the universe that used to be maligned. Maybe because "Big Hero 6" is just such a FUN name!

I"m actually more excited for this trailer than I am for the GOTG trailer on Monday because I have no idea what to expect. Hopefully Disney Animation being on a role will carry over for this film, and it can be a success.

Yeah, pumped for this too. Disney has been on a roll lately and I hope this movie will continue it. Especially considering the subject matter.

I just hope the average masses won't be disappointed and inadvertently cause the movie to fail. They might be expecting another princess movie after Frozen.

I have high hopes for this. I like obscure Big 2 properties.

I'm really interested and excited to see how this will end up. Disney animated film based on an obscure Marvel comics property sounds really fun. I wouldn't want a Spidey or Avengers animated movies like that but something like Big Hero 6 sounds like a perfect fit for something like this!

But San Fransokyo...? What the...?! What... What is this. I don't even, What?!

I'm pretty sure the original Big Hero 6 was supposed to be based in plain old Japan. Is it that they're trying to make it more accessible to stupid westerners (read: Americans) who can't accept anything foreign or something that they're not completely familiar with. If that is the case then they're doing pretty bad job. Nobody couls come up with a better name than San Fransokyo? Really?

Given the success of Wreck-It Ralph, Tangled and Frozen, I'm hoping that the excellent run Disney Animation has had thus far carries over to Big Hero 6. Personally, I'm hoping the animation style that I've seen from the previous 3 movies is translated to BH6.

I've been really hoping for some Marvel Comics to be rendered into 3D animated stuff, mainly because of the uniform look of characters and big scope events. I just watched Godzilla last night and I swear, movies are getting so close to being absolutely seamless when it comes to real life and CGI. It just looks uncanny, as time moves forward. Watching Amazing Spider-Man 2, I noticed some of the CGI work didn't blend as well with the real life stuff.

That's what I'm hoping for when it comes to my superhero fix. The seamless blending of the human story to the superheroic stuff. I get that in animated stuff, because it's all animated.

Ok. Rant over. I'm really looking forward to the trailer for Big Hero 6!