Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34748081828384
Results 1,246 to 1,257 of 1257
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Just finished Abaddon's Gate (of the Expanse series) and I'm now starting Cibola Burn. Abaddon's Gate was the third book in the series. The first two books were awesome, this last one started a little slow through the first 4-5 chapters, but then quickly picked up speed. I would rate the first two books as 9/10, with the last one a 7/10. Still very good. My only gripe (and the one that kept it from being an 8/10) was

spoilers:
    Bobbie Draper wasn't in the last book at all. How does that happen? She was so awesome in the second book, Caliban's War, and then doesn't make it into the third book? And no Avasarala either. That kind of ticked me off. Especially Bobbie, because she's one of my favorite characters from this series. But she's in the fourth one that I just started, so I'm thrilled about that.
    end of spoilers
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Just started on my Kindle today American Football (1891) by "The Father of American Football" - Walter Camp. Since it's on the short side, I'll probably begin tomorrow Maiwa's Revenge (1888), the fourth book in the Allan Quatermain series by H. Rider Haggard.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

I finished the new Michael Connelly novel Two Kinds of Truth.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Do you ladies and gents have any comfort books? I've been mostly reading comics and politics recently so I was yearning for a fantasy novel, so given that there are two that I haven't read yet but do own, I decided to reread The Icemark Chronicles. The Cry of the Icemark was one of my all time favourites as a child and I haven't been feeling good today, but sat here reading it, I don't care if I puke every 10 minutes, I'm pretty happy
    Last edited by Enigma; 11-10-2017 at 02:10 PM.
    "Live a poem... or die a fool!"

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Do you ladies and gents have any comfort books?
    While I like everything, my comfort books would probably be within horror/sci-fi/fantasy. Non-fiction, it would be history.

Now reading (yes, I read quickly ) on my Kindle An American Four-in-Hand in Britain (1883) by Andrew Carnegie.

Just finished book 8 in the Wheel of Time series(finishing my 50 book goal for the year), going to try and power through book 9 before the new Stormlight Archives book Oathbringer comes out in a few days

Just finished Hocus Pocus by Kurt Vonnegut. I love the dude and this was good but not his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Just finished book 8 in the Wheel of Time series(finishing my 50 book goal for the year), going to try and power through book 9 before the new Stormlight Archives book Oathbringer comes out in a few days
    HYPE HYPE HYPE
    Ordering Oathbringer on Audible first thing in the AM to listen to at work.

ENjoy those Wheel Of Timers. Although you are just entering the fan agreed "boring books", I straight up skipped a couple and just read the wiki summaries to get to the Brandon Sanderson finale trilogy because things were just so dang slow. I'm thinking of starting my first WoT re-read soon, should be fun finding all the foreshadowing.

I did hear that it's one of the boring parts of the series but the Matt storyline is really good, and the endingspoilers:
    cleansing the taint from Saidin
    end of spoilers is a huge point in the overall story

And I finished it just in time to start Oathbringer, see ya in 55 hours
    Last edited by Hiromi; 11-14-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Astonishing Member Old School Ollie 1962's Avatar

Facing Mount Kenya by Jomo Kenyatta

Starting tomorrow, I'll be reading Wild Fire, the 4th John Corey (the funniest wise ass in a serious series, IMO) book by Nelson DeMille. On my Kindle, I'll also be tackling Marie: An Episode in the Life of the Late Allan Quatermain by H. Rider Haggard (the fifth book in that series). Speaking of the Quatermain books, yes, they're not totally PC. However, how many 19th century books feature 1) white and black men fighting side-by-side as, not just friends, but even brothers, 2) black women portrayed as attractive and even desirable (a white man and black woman kiss in one book, while Quatermain himself even dreams about one in another), 3) the N word being used, then dismissed as wrong in the same paragraph? Whatever you think of the books, I think Haggard's heart was in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    see ya in 55 hours
    45 hours down, 10 to go. Loving Oathbringer, gonna be sad when I'm out of new pages.