Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 151
  1. #121
    Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,506

    Default

    I don't even think they're doing that much (the possible idea of the GoW mantle trying to change Diana in her own title notwithstanding, but that's just a storyline). As she is now, she's really no more dark than she's been for a decade now.

  2. #122
    Fantastic Member Hawk80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Do not want a full reboot. Enough with the reboots! Why are WW fans expected to endure so many reboots and cast changes?! No! No, no, no!
    There is something far worse than enduring many reboots: keeping the worst version, the irredeemable one.

  3. #123
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marquesse_de_Sade View Post
    So this is what you were hoping she would look like? gtfo
    No, just a example of a witch that looks like a witch

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk80 View Post
    There is something far worse than enduring many reboots: keeping the worst version, the irredeemable one.
    beautiful words

  4. #124
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    He may have emphasis those attributes in that story. But I believe it was his intention to focus on WW being a violent, dark God of war in his future stories, if Azz. had been allowed to continue his run!! Dc is pushing writers to focus on WW being a War God now! Their going to find away to split WW away from the rest of the DC universe, and her being a member of the trinity!! Making WW a dark character, that plays judge and jury!! Killing anyone she feels is a threat to her way of seeing justice, that will include heroes in the near future!!
    Actually I think he would've done the opposite. Had he been given total creative freedom, I read that Azzarello would've had Wonder Woman hang up her sword, she would've just gone around proselytizing people. Perhaps you would've prefered that. As for becoming the God of War, I don't get what's all the fuss about, Wonder Woman hails from a society of "war"riors, she just basically got a promotion. War is inevitable in a world fraught with evil, War for Wonder Woman is a means of protecting peace from those who seek to destroy it. War in and of itself can be quite a noble thing. For me Soule's "War is Darkness, Wonder Woman is light" approach is incredibly reductive and just plain retarded really.

  5. #125
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    No, just a example of a witch that looks like a witch



    beautiful words
    Is that what a scary witch looks like to you?? Circe looks 100x prettier and scarier than that.

  6. #126
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marquesse_de_Sade View Post
    Is that what a scary witch looks like to you?? Circe looks 100x prettier and scarier than that.
    yes, I wouldn't look at her. now circe? check the hell out of her

    It's the most fitting word I could come up with to describe the debut appearance of Circe in the New 52. I could also have used eerie or otherwordly, she was to Joe Rock the same as Galadriel in LotR was to most non-elves. When encounteres, she didn't have to say a word and they knew they were in the presence of someone far older, wiser and far more powerful than them.
    that is a nice way to put it, circe could be magical and something out of this world. It's much more fitting
    Last edited by Blacksun; 02-25-2015 at 07:56 AM.

  7. #127
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    First? Azz WAS allowed to continue his run. It was a three-year story. He told the story he wanted to tell. He had no plans for any stories after it was over.

    Second? Where is your evidence that DC is "pushing" writers to focus on the God of War stuff? There is none. The writers are focusing on the God of War stuff because it's a big change in her life and it should be explored.

    Third? Diana is NOT going to turn evil. DC cares about making money. There is more long-term money to be made in NOT turning the greatest feminist icon in all of pop culture into a permanent villain. Turning her into a villain would get them a temporary sales boost at best, and then sales would go down as pretty much EVERYONE turns against them.

    Fourth? She most definitely will NOT kill any heroes. NOTHING supports that.

    You keep saying all these things over and over again, and none of it ever comes true. How long are you going to keep saying these things with no evidence to support it?
    Have you read the latest issue of WW solo comic and the latest arc of her comic with SM, she is clearly a bloodlusting War God!! I think it's clear to see their heading in that direction with her character! She's fighting with BM about killing , SM had to stop her from killing in her solo comic. She doesn't care who get hurt as long as she can do her job as a War God, looking to kill the villain in that comic with SM!! Now that she is the God of War, she thinks she has the right to play judge and jury, being the God of War give her the right to kill whoever she thinks is a threat! I can't see her being allowed to stay in the League or remain a member of the trinity, their not a bunch of murderers like she is becoming! She is getting darker it's very clear to see!!! I wouldn't be surprised that in the upcoming event in the JL series, the darkseid war if she doesn't turn against the league and become the dark War God Dc and Azz. intend her to be all along!!
    Last edited by chlj1; 02-25-2015 at 08:04 AM.

  8. #128
    Astonishing Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marquesse_de_Sade View Post
    Actually I think he would've done the opposite. Had he been given total creative freedom, I read that Azzarello would've had Wonder Woman hang up her sword, she would've just gone around proselytizing people. Perhaps you would've prefered that. As for becoming the God of War, I don't get what's all the fuss about, Wonder Woman hails from a society of "war"riors, she just basically got a promotion. War is inevitable in a world fraught with evil, War for Wonder Woman is a means of protecting peace from those who seek to destroy it. War in and of itself can be quite a noble thing. For me Soule's "War is Darkness, Wonder Woman is light" approach is incredibly reductive and just plain retarded really.
    Let me disagree with you that any war is ever noble. It's usually a last resort in terms of fighting for peace. But the idea that war is some great task to maintain peace is contradiction. War is something you do when all else fails. Speak to people who have been in war, lived through one and they will never agree with you. They might have preferred there was no need for it in the first place and non violent means could have worked. But such is the baser nature of man it seems. And there are different factors that drives war any way.

    But it is kinda ironic you drum Soule because Soule is the only one who did explore what being God of War could mean for Diana in Future's End WW while no one else has. It's just a title she's strutting around it. Even in Azzarello's WW and every other book she's saying she is God of War and no one knows what the heck it means to her or what powers it brings or what influence at all she has on war and mankind and what that means to the universe. The fact that there is war and constant fighting in the DCU does that mean she's failing or winning? Can she call upon all soldiers? Five Years later in Future's End series one writer is Azz himself our God of War seems useless to me. Diana is barely in the book that is about a large DCU event. Shouldn't she doing something more? What has Azz forgot he made her GOW? She has done nothing different in any of the books to be honest other than shouting I am Diana God of War. In JL where everyone is is lauding Geoff's writing of her...she could have just been Zeus daughter and that would be adequate. So this God of War thing so far as I am concerned Azzarello himself had a right to flesh it out and not dump it on others. And fans shouldn't be blaming other writers for what Azz started and did not finish. And we going OT too.

    At least in this book the topic being Circe...she has been redesigned, given motivations, personality and abilities in only a couple of issues. Kudos to Tomasi for that alone.
    Last edited by hellacre; 02-25-2015 at 08:04 AM.

  9. #129
    Ultimate Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    Have you read the latest issue of WW solo comic and the latest arc of her comic with SM, she is clearly a bloodlusting War God!! I think it's clear to see their heading in that direction with her character! She's fighting with BM about killing , SM had to stop her from killing in her solo comic. She doesn't care who get hurt as long as she can do her job as a War God, looking to kill the villain in that comic with SM!! Now that she is the God of War, she thinks she has the right to play judge and jury, being the God of War give her the right to kill whoever she thinks is a threat! I can't see her being allowed to stay in the League or remain a member of the trinity, their not a bunch of murderers like she is becoming! She is getting darker it's very clear to see!!! I wouldn't be surprised that in the upcoming event in the JL series, the darkseid war if she doesn't turn against the league and become the dark War God Dc and Azz. intend her to be all along!!
    And the fact that Diana just woke up from a nightmare about being the God of War that was apparently brought on by Strife, doesn't mean anything, right?

    The fact that Diana just questioned whether or not being the God of War is making her more violent means nothing, right? Yeah, "Hippolyta's ghost" just came along and told Diana that that ain't so, but that seems awfully convenient, no?

    The God of War thing MAY be turning Diana darker. But she's already questioning that fact, and Soule already planted the seeds for Diana realizing that being the God of Wr is not for her. She's going to either find a way to get control of being the God of War, or she's going to find a way to get rid of the title altogether LONG before she does anything truly irredeemable.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  10. #130
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Let me disagree with you that any war is ever noble. It's usually a last resort in terms of fighting for peace. But the idea that war is some great task to maintain peace is contradiction. War is something you do when all else fails. Speak to people who have been in war, lived through one and they will never agree with you. They might have preferred there was no need for it in the first place and non violent means could have worked. But such is the baser nature of man it seems. And there are different factors that drives war any way.

    But it is kinda ironic you drum Soule because Soule is the only one who did explore what being God of War could mean for Diana in Future's End WW while no one else has. It's just a title she's strutting around it. Even in Azzarello's WW and every other book she's saying she is God of War and no one knows what the heck it means to her or what powers it brings or what influence at all she has on war and mankind and what that means to the universe. The fact that there is war and constant fighting in the DCU does that mean she's failing or winning? Can she call upon all soldiers? Five Years later in Future's End series one writer is Azz himself our God of War seems useless to me. Diana is barely in the book that is about a large DCU event. Shouldn't she doing something more? What has Azz forgot he made her GOW? She has done nothing different in any of the books to be honest other than shouting I am Diana God of War. In JL where everyone is is lauding Geoff's writing of her...she could have just been Zeus daughter and that would be adequate. So this God of War thing so far as I am concerned Azzarello himself had a right to flesh it out and not dump it on others. And fans shouldn't be blaming other writers for what Azz started and did not finish. And we going OT too.

    At least in this book the topic being Circe...she has been redesigned, given motivations, personality and abilities in only a couple of issues. Kudos to Tomasi for that alone.
    You haven't disagreed with me at all. I think we all wish the world was all puppies and butterflies but unfortunately humans are selfish and some take that selfishness very far. I think there's no such thing as selflessness really, even when you think you're helping others, you're doing so to appease your conscience so selfishness is still at the bottom of it. I did say war is inevitable because the nature of (wo)men is essentially competitive, if one party avoids conflict, the other will only take advantage to plunge them in a world of pain. And that's where Superheroes come in. In the right hands, ie. not Soule's hands or Meredith's, this God of War twist can be absolutely brilliant, with just a wee bit of imagination.

    With that said, I agree with you, there's been no follow up sadly and I think that's because being the God of War should place Wonder Woman in a prominent position where she's just not supposed to be. That spot as we know belongs to Superman. I'm eager to see what her role will be in the upcoming Darkseid War.
    Last edited by Marquesse_de_Sade; 02-25-2015 at 09:25 AM.

  11. #131
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    Have you read the latest issue of WW solo comic and the latest arc of her comic with SM, she is clearly a bloodlusting War God!! I think it's clear to see their heading in that direction with her character! She's fighting with BM about killing , SM had to stop her from killing in her solo comic. She doesn't care who get hurt as long as she can do her job as a War God, looking to kill the villain in that comic with SM!! Now that she is the God of War, she thinks she has the right to play judge and jury, being the God of War give her the right to kill whoever she thinks is a threat! I can't see her being allowed to stay in the League or remain a member of the trinity, their not a bunch of murderers like she is becoming! She is getting darker it's very clear to see!!! I wouldn't be surprised that in the upcoming event in the JL series, the darkseid war if she doesn't turn against the league and become the dark War God Dc and Azz. intend her to be all along!!
    I was quite relieved when Hippolyta told Diana that becoming the God of War had nothing to do with her dodgy behavior. Wonder Woman is on the cusp of a meltdown right now, it's probably just a fuite en avant. She's going to bounce back eventually. Geoff's Wonder Woman already did.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 02-25-2015 at 09:33 AM. Reason: personal comment removed

  12. #132
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    And the next issue is going to be Diana fighting Circe by proxy by fighting Superman. Once that's taken care of, they'll have to fight Circe directly. From everything we've seen? That's going to be a fight.
    I doubt it, since Circe's greatest power appeares to be the one she can cast over others. Right now she may have gotten hold of Superman, once that's over there's no one left.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    That "talking head" is actually DOING something, unlike MOW Circe. She just invaded a city, sent a powerful champion to almost kill Superman and Wonder Woman, captured Wonder Woman with a gesture, and turned Superman into a monster with yet another gesture.
    The talking head is doing one thing: talking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    The "talking head" was the standard-issue backstory reveal so that people understand what Circe's about. This happens with pretty much every new villain in their debut.
    Yet when she was done, she kept on talking, now offended Diana interrupted the next part of her epic monologue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Like rubbing your nearly naked body all over someone?
    Sure, but incase you missed it, holding onto him also happened to be the reason he stayed with her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    MOW Circe is the one putting herself on display. She's practically NAKED.

    THIS Circe is wearing a complete outfit and is showing off nothing but some cleavage.
    Which it not putting one self on display.

    In a skintight outfit that leaves nothing to the imagination, plus she poses as if there's an audience in front of her thats being mezmerized by her curves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Circe IS the gun. Her powers are part of her.
    Yet nothing tells you she has any before she actually uses it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    She's dangerously unstable, cruel, and can do horrible things to people with the greatest of ease. That's scary.
    Would you know that before she said anything?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I'm sure Diana knew she was in the presence of someone far older, wiser, and possibly more powerful than her. Considering that she rather routinely encounters such beings, and that she has the power to fight them, she just wasn't as awestruck by this fact as a puny human with no powers and no experience in dealing with magical foes.
    "Whoever you are, I will hurt you most severely." That doesn't sound like a line spoken by someone terribly impressed or worried.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    A naked woman giggling and rubbing herself on a guy is NOT going to make the same impression as a woman swatting Superman and Wonder Woman like flies. Any adult OR twelve-year-old knows that.
    That is true, it takes an adult to see the danger in the MoW appearance, but every child can see it in the other.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    As I said, he FANCIES himself a gentleman. The fact that he will quickly abandon the façade speaks of his true nature as a narcissistic egomaniac.
    Thats terribly contradictionary way of describing him. Like "He's terribly brave, but will run for the hills at the first sign of danger." He doesn't consider himself a gentleman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yeah, he thinks he's the king of the world. And the king of the world doesn't dress like a biker. To Lex? A $10,000 business suit or a powerful suit of power armor speaks of his power and greatness. To Circe? A black leather fantasy queen outfit does the same thing.
    I REPEAT: Why would Circe dress this way?

    Are you ever going to answer this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    She also slept with Ares and got pregnant by him.
    Yes and we all remember the story of that date... oh wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    How does wearing nothing but a gauzy piece of cloth qualify as "Leaving something to the imagination" but wearing a full outfit that shows very little skin doesn't?
    Leaving nothing to the imagination.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Superman's cape serves no purpose, when you get down to it. Diana's tiara serves no purpose, especially in the New 52, where it isn't even a throwing weapon anymore. The wings on the side of Flash's mask serve no purpose. Diana wearing a swimsuit that should be riding up her butt every five seconds serves no purpose.
    Super-cape: In many incarnations it's the only pience of clothing left from Krypton, the blanket they wrapped him in before sending him away. In the New 52 it's even the only part of his suit thats truly indestructible. It may serve little to no practical purpose for him in many cases, but it has a symbolic one to him. Plus as we've seen it's handy when needing to protect others.
    Diana's Tiara: At the very least it reminds us that she is in fact a princess. Otherwise it also serves as a kind of helmet.
    Flash's antenna's: I was under the impression he has a form of radio communication embedded in them the same way they are in Batman's cowl.
    The swimsuit: While I do agree that traditionally Diana's outfit is out of tune with it's Amazon background when they were all running around in chitons and hoplite armor. The New52 has atleast made the rest of the Amazons wear vaguely similar attire. As for it's purpose, well it usually symbolic. In the past to calm American minds, now it also denotes her rank amongst the Amazons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    And that ribbon serves no purpose at all other than to allow DC to publish this book without a "Mature" ranking. You can still see every inch of her body, you just can't see the "naughty bits" in crystal clear evidence.
    Do you know who or what Circe has been hanging out with for the past 3000 years to make that claim?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I get that MOW Circe was supposed to be mysterious. I don't care, is the problem. She did nothing to leave an impression. No writer is going to read that scene and go "Wow! I can build a whole eight-month event around this woman!"
    And you think they are going to look at the current one and go: "Wow, how epic! We can certainly use her!" And not mock the silly design the same way people are mocking Finch's White Rabbit who's wearing an almost identical costume to Circe's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Tomasi's Circe showed her power because showing power is how characters get taken seriously. Showing what she's capable of is kind of the point of having her in a book in the first place. If she just floats around, lap-dancing random men, and never DOES anything, then no one's going to give a damn about her.
    Having to show power is an indicator of personal insecurity. Take Carey's Lucifer as an unrelated example, he rarely had to show any of his power yet everyone knew damn well not to provoke him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    MOW Circe is a boring talking head who also took up a sizable portion of the issue with a monologue that didn't even advance the story of the issue in any way.

    Sounds to me like SHE needed the redesign. And she got one.
    And the result was worse, instead of actually trying they went for the low hanging fruit of sex appeal and childish power displays.

  13. #133
    Ultimate Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I doubt it, since Circe's greatest power appeares to be the one she can cast over others. Right now she may have gotten hold of Superman, once that's over there's no one left.
    Pure speculation on your part.

    Circe has gone toe-to-toe with Diana in the past. No reason to assume she can't or won't do it again.

    The talking head is doing one thing: talking.
    Explaining her backstory. The way villains do in pretty much every book ever.

    Oh, and she still captured Diana and turned Superman into a beast with a gesture. MOW Circe did what besides talk, again?

    Sure, but incase you missed it, holding onto him also happened to be the reason he stayed with her.
    Still didn't need to rub herself all over him

    Which it not putting one self on display.
    Being naked IS putting yourself on display. I don't know where you get this idea from.

    In a skintight outfit that leaves nothing to the imagination, plus she poses as if there's an audience in front of her thats being mezmerized by her curves.
    And MOW Circe is wearing nothing at all and rubbing her curves all over an unwilling dude.

    Yet nothing tells you she has any before she actually uses it.
    No, the crazy eyes and the cruel smile will tell me that I don't want to get too close to her.

    "Whoever you are, I will hurt you most severely." That doesn't sound like a line spoken by someone terribly impressed or worried.
    Lap-dance Guy from MOW? Mere mortal. No powers. Never encountered the supernatural in his life.

    Wonder Woman? Superhero. God. Routinely encounters supernatural beings of terrible power and kicks their asses. OF COURSE she's not going to be awestruck by one more supernatural badass.

    That is true, it takes an adult to see the danger in the MoW appearance, but every child can see it in the other.
    WHAT danger? The danger that she can snatch one dude, give him a lap dance, and then return him to Earth? That's not dangerous. I'm an adult. I'm not the least bit threatened by the mysterious Sky Stripper.

    Thats terribly contradictionary way of describing him. Like "He's terribly brave, but will run for the hills at the first sign of danger." He doesn't consider himself a gentleman.
    He doesn't consider himself a biker either.

    I REPEAT: Why would Circe dress this way?

    Are you ever going to answer this?
    Are YOU ever going to answer why a Sky Stripper is more dangerous than a witch who is currently winning against Superman and Wonder Woman?

    Why would she dress in dominatrix gear? Because Circe is powerful and likes dominating people. What a surprise that she chooses to dress the part.

    Leaving nothing to the imagination.
    Being naked leaves even less to the imagination.

    And you think they are going to look at the current one and go: "Wow, how epic! We can certainly use her!" And not mock the silly design the same way people are mocking Finch's White Rabbit who's wearing an almost identical costume to Circe's.
    Let's see, will writers look at a powerful woman who is currently smacking around Superman and Wonder Woman with ease and say "Okay, if I want a powerful Wonder Woman villain in my story, then this lady seems like a strong contender?" Yeah, I think so.

    On the other hand, writers look at MOW. "Ummmmm what the Hell can I do with a Sky Stripper? Pass."

    Having to show power is an indicator of personal insecurity. Take Carey's Lucifer as an unrelated example, he rarely had to show any of his power yet everyone knew damn well not to provoke him.
    And what possible reason does anyone have for thinking "Let's not provoke the Sky Stripper," again? She did nothing. She gave no indication that she can do anything but abduct men, play with them, and send them home.

    And really? Circe should never use her powers? She should just walk around and have everyone go "Oh, no! It's Circe! She's powerful! Run!" And never show us anything to back up that claim?

    And the result was worse, instead of actually trying they went for the low hanging fruit of sex appeal and childish power displays.
    Childish? She's acting on her motivation as a villain. She hates Diana and wants to destroy her. So she's using her power to try to destroy her.

    But, I guess she could always kidnap Diana and give her a lap dance. Now THAT will show the comic book world that Circe is to be feared!

    Oh, and MOW showed sex appeal and childish power displays too. A naked chick rubbing herself all over a dude is sex appeal. This woman using her power to abduct a powerless mortal for her own amusement is pretty much the DEFINITITON of childish behavior.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  14. #134
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Which I have said a few times now, does not matter.
    It does matter when trying to equate Circe to Black Cat and Catwoman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Well the book with the new Thor has been great so far, so /shrug.
    You're supposed to like it, I was done for your people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    In a way I do excuse Ivy for wearing next to nothing because, despite her human birth, she now considers her more plant than human. Covering herself might still linger at the back of her mind because she was human once, but what human's find decent and acceptable are trappings she no longer cares for.
    I don't need an excuse.

    I preferred the previous look, it's that simple.

  15. #135
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Pure speculation on your part.

    Circe has gone toe-to-toe with Diana in the past. No reason to assume she can't or won't do it again.
    As if you are not indulging in speculation when you claim that following the fight with Superman another with Circe will immediately commence, when history has shown Circe to prefer retreating rather than risk loosing and capture.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Explaining her backstory. The way villains do in pretty much every book ever.

    Oh, and she still captured Diana and turned Superman into a beast with a gesture. MOW Circe did what besides talk, again?
    Unnessesarily by all accounts. Nearly everyone in the western world knows who Circe is, Diana sussed that out after a moment, so no need there. Then you get the long-form explanation... which is something that belongs in an old Bond movie. And lo and behold, like all Bond movies the monologue allowed the hero to break free...

    As you like to point out: abduct a man to deliver a message. MoW Circe talked because thats how messages work, SM/WW talked for no real reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Still didn't need to rub herself all over him
    Need? No. But clearly she thought it was amusing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Being naked IS putting yourself on display. I don't know where you get this idea from.
    So you think girls in bikini's on beaches are just showing off?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    And MOW Circe is wearing nothing at all and rubbing her curves all over an unwilling dude.
    For her own amusement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    No, the crazy eyes and the cruel smile will tell me that I don't want to get too close to her.
    Her eyes just glow, there's nothing crazy in them. Dunno how you differentiate between smiles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Lap-dance Guy from MOW? Mere mortal. No powers. Never encountered the supernatural in his life.

    Wonder Woman? Superhero. God. Routinely encounters supernatural beings of terrible power and kicks their asses. OF COURSE she's not going to be awestruck by one more supernatural badass.
    Diana is not stupid, she knows that whoever is going to come gunning for her and her BF is not going to be some happy-go-luck pushover. But that said, when she is written by someone competent, she doesn't come with a smart mouth either. So either Diana changed her personality a bit or Circe doesn't come across as terribly threatening to her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    WHAT danger? The danger that she can snatch one dude, give him a lap dance, and then return him to Earth? That's not dangerous. I'm an adult. I'm not the least bit threatened by the mysterious Sky Stripper.
    Then you must not be concerned about a truck that's coming towards you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    He doesn't consider himself a biker either.
    So Circe considers herself a stripper in the name of personal freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Are YOU ever going to answer why a Sky Stripper is more dangerous than a witch who is currently winning against Superman and Wonder Woman?
    I've TOLD you why about 5 times now, but it just doesn't seem to be something you understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Why would she dress in dominatrix gear? Because Circe is powerful and likes dominating people. What a surprise that she chooses to dress the part.
    So Lex would be right at home in the same kind of attire since he has power and likes to rule over people as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Being naked leaves even less to the imagination.
    Then why do we have a better estimation of her cup-size from SM/WW than MoW?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Let's see, will writers look at a powerful woman who is currently smacking around Superman and Wonder Woman with ease and say "Okay, if I want a powerful Wonder Woman villain in my story, then this lady seems like a strong contender?" Yeah, I think so.

    On the other hand, writers look at MOW. "Ummmmm what the Hell can I do with a Sky Stripper? Pass."
    If the writer is short on talent, sure. And to go with her, there is Doomsday, another uncomplicated and uninteresting villain for them to use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    And what possible reason does anyone have for thinking "Let's not provoke the Sky Stripper," again? She did nothing. She gave no indication that she can do anything but abduct men, play with them, and send them home.
    Sigh... you still don't get it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    And really? Circe should never use her powers? She should just walk around and have everyone go "Oh, no! It's Circe! She's powerful! Run!" And never show us anything to back up that claim?
    You do know why Darkseid can rule an entire planet without having to blast and smash parts of it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Childish? She's acting on her motivation as a villain. She hates Diana and wants to destroy her. So she's using her power to try to destroy her.
    She had an entire issue to do so, but wasted it on monologue and posturing. So yeah, childish, if her self-confidence was in check she wouldn't have needed to use it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    But, I guess she could always kidnap Diana and give her a lap dance. Now THAT will show the comic book world that Circe is to be feared!
    Would be more interesting than boring our ears off with the endless monologue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Oh, and MOW showed sex appeal and childish power displays too. A naked chick rubbing herself all over a dude is sex appeal. This woman using her power to abduct a powerless mortal for her own amusement is pretty much the DEFINITITON of childish behavior.
    Did she show sex appeal? Yes, unless you wear a burka, everyone does.
    Is holding onto him sex appeal? No.
    Is using her powers childish? Apparently you've forgotten she plucked him out of an active battlefield away from his squadmates and had a message he needed to hear. You try and have an important conversation while the reciever is returning fire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    It does matter when trying to equate Circe to Black Cat and Catwoman.
    No it doesn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    You're supposed to like it, I was done for your people.
    Hmm, my people? I suppose 'my people' are just the ones not spitting with fanboy rage over Odinson not having his hammer for once while forgetting it's not the first time another human has wielded it (far from it), it's not the first time Thor's been drastically changed and you have an alien that frequently wields the hammer. I suppose 'my people' are just readers open enough to see a woman use it for once.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    I don't need an excuse.

    I preferred the previous look, it's that simple.
    And thats your buisness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •